Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Gerard

Brendan Rodgers

I am not the greatest admirer of Rodgers, not that I think he is a bad manager. But he will make it about himself and whilst many struggled to understand Puel's accent, we might struggle to really know what Rodgers really thinks such are the general platitudes he tends to use. 

Having said that, the club in moving so quickly to seal the deal have acted sensibly to fill a void that could have caused problems. And with the right background and resources, Rodgers could do us a decent job. So come on you Foxes! 

1 minute ago, z-layrex said:

Clubs like Chelsea, Man City and Liverpool will ultimately destroy anything we build here, so I'm not about to celebrate what we've just done to Celtic.

Any idiot with a coaching badge can win that league with Celtic, they'll be fine

Edited by Beliall
  • Like 3

Going thru the LCFC website and in particular the performance analysis and recruitment staff and all I can say is wow!  You actually have a DOF. Looking forward to actually seeing Brendan work within a modern football administrative structure. No more Transfer committees and CEO's sabotaging transfer deals.

Pundits like Merson still say our identity is counter attack and we don't know how to pass it around. Feck me, these lot are boring. We know how to pass and we have capable ball players. Such a lazy old tired cliche about City 

• Like 3

Stealing managers is part of the game. If he came in and kept us in top 6 or 7 or higher (by some miracle) dont you think bigger clubs would be after him? Of course. Enjoy a good manager while you have them and hope things go well whne they leave. Just how it works in footy these days.

If he is shit for us they can have a good laugh.

17 minutes ago, the fox said:

But ain't it funny? People cry "foul" when a bigger, wealthier club tries and twist our hands but celebrate and make fun of clubs that we overpower.

I love this appointment but some of the posts in here come off as a bit hypocritical.

We are celebrating and making fun, just like we did to Spurs fans because they once again acted like a bunch of pillocks, abusing us, our club, telling us how tin pot we are, without a jot of knowledge about what a decent project this place is. 

So you know what... f*** em. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Scottish football fans in underestimating the competitiveness in the Premier League shocker. :D

"Why would Rodgers want to leave for the revolving door mentality in the Premier League?"

Erm, ambition.

9 minutes ago, z-layrex said:

Clubs like Chelsea, Man City and Liverpool will ultimately destroy anything we build here, so I'm not about to celebrate what we've just done to Celtic.

Why not we're doing the destroying for once! The Celtic fans on their forums and everywhere else are so pissed off its beautiful! All they can do is slag off Rodgers, belittle Leicester and pundits are saying that he should have gone to a bigger club. Get over it!  We need a deal with it GIF for Brendan!

This is exactly the kind of hate I want from the footballing world, he hasn't even started for us yet.  I do hope our Brendan releases a single soon....

Half the shock with Celtic fans seems to be the fact he’s left mid-season and that they’re not used to that - it’s only happened when they’ve sacked a manager. Well, welcome to the real world Celtic. 

As the old saying goes; “they don’t like it up ‘em”.

2 minutes ago, ThingsCouldGetMessi said:

Can't remember ever being so excited about the arrival of a new manager. This feels the right appointment for us 100%. 

Let's actually get behind and support this manager, and get away from the toxic divisions we had under poor Puel.

If that happens it will be a refreshing change.......but something tells me.............!

• Like 1