Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Summer Targets

4 minutes ago, Billy Big Balls said:

Lille, joined them for €5m last summer. 3 goals 9 assists in 38 games this season but interestingly played almost all the games at cam. Thought he looked quality cutting in from the right! 

Ahhh thought he was at PSG. Yeah he looked dangerous every time he got the ball. I’d love us to be enquiring about him. It’s the sort of talent we should be looking to bring in as buying players who are mid 20’s will cost a fortune. Buy young and develop them. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Billy Big Balls said:

I'd rather give kelechi more chance than sign Adams if I'm honest. Adams is older than kelechi and has only had one good season. Dont get me wrong, I'm as sick as everyone else with kelechi but I see Adams as a one dimensional player that we should be doing far better than

That's still one more dimension than Iheanacho.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, frany104 said:

Ahhh thought he was at PSG. Yeah he looked dangerous every time he got the ball. I’d love us to be enquiring about him. It’s the sort of talent we should be looking to bring in as buying players who are mid 20’s will cost a fortune. Buy young and develop them. 

Exactly my thoughts too, seems the most realistic Mahrez replacement to me since he left.

46 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Doesn't help that everyone knows we make minimum 100 million every year

Yeah it doesn't, but i'd love to know what sponsorship and other revenue Dortmund generate in comparison (I can probably find this out).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Yeah it doesn't, but i'd love to know what sponsorship and other revenue Dortmund generate in comparison (I can probably find this out).

Similar to Celtic I imagine the bulk of Dortmunds income comes from selling 55k+ season tickets every season.  They'll obviously have a decent TV deal on top of that as well.

A very well run club these days.  Mad to think they almost went out of business a little over a decade ago and had to be bailed out by a charity payment by Bayern.

Edited by henrik_62

Just now, henrik_62 said:

Similar to Celtic I imagine the bulk of Dortmunds income comes from selling 55k+ season tickets every season.

I'm not so sure that generates that much income does it? Especially given how modest ticket prices are in Germany. It'll be the global revenue for being such a household name, sponsorships etc.

• Like 1

Just now, Ric Flair said:

I'm not so sure that generates that much income does it? Especially given how modest ticket prices are in Germany. It'll be the global revenue for being such a household name, sponsorships etc.

Your correct actually, just done a quick google and it seems the average price of a season ticket at Dortmund is 250 euros, that really is superb.  My season ticket at Celtic Park is close to £600 for comparison.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

Your correct actually, just done a quick google and it seems the average price of a season ticket at Dortmund is 250 euros, that really is superb.  My season ticket at Celtic Park is close to £600 for comparison.

Yes, unbelievable value in Germany. I really respect how they operate the game, it's as close as being a fans game as you get in this modern era. Even the top clubs (Bayern aside) are shrewd in how they purchase and develop players and then sell on and re-invest, all without it necessarily impacting on their ability to compete at the top or at the fans expense. Wouldn't ever happen in the PL, it's too big of a monster now. Just thankful we have amazing owners who try their utmost not to have our kegs down.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Yes, unbelievable value in Germany. I really respect how they operate the game, it's as close as being a fans game as you get in this modern era. Even the top clubs (Bayern aside) are shrewd in how they purchase and develop players and then sell on and re-invest, all without it necessarily impacting on their ability to compete at the top or at the fans expense. Wouldn't ever happen in the PL, it's too big of a monster now. Just thankful we have amazing owners who try their utmost not to have our kegs down.

Yeah this is it exactly, EPL clubs really should be doing similar given the vast riches sloshing about English football, attending matches on a regular basis is becoming less and less accessible for the ordinary man in the street where it should be the exact opposite given how much money clubs make now.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, wattolcfc said:

If we're not in for Che, a Leicester lad with bags of promise - we're idiots. As a poster above says, he will want it more than Kalechi! 

If you don’t know both lads true ability and character personally then this comment is really irrelevant. 

• Like 2

Don't see the big deal with Che Adams tbh anytime I've watched him, looks a decent Championship level striker but can't see him being anything more than average at EPL level.

I'm surprised there's not been any mention of Rodgers being mentioned with someone like Tammy Abraham.

Edited by henrik_62

22 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

Don't see the big deal with Che Adams tbh anytime I've watched him, looks a decent Championship level striker but can't see him being anything more than average at EPL level.

I'm surprised there's not been any mention of Rodgers being mentioned with someone like Tammy Abraham.

he's a talent, but i suspect its the same old problem of him being second fiddle, i'd expect chelsea want to see him play 25 plus games in the prem for someone to work out if he is good enough.

23 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

God forbid