Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Summer Targets

21 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

They have a little more cash than many realise.

So did Fulham, suppose it is how you invest it that will make or break you.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

True story.

Helps when you don't get all the players in until a week before the season starts. Also let your manager in on player recruitment as in get what he needs for the team.

25 minutes ago, dnewty said:

This big summer spending spree reported by the ITKs isn't looking likely. Very much hope I'm proved wrong.

Who are they actually on this forum?

59 minutes ago, dnewty said:

This big summer spending spree reported by the ITKs isn't looking likely. Very much hope I'm proved wrong.

Wasn’t that just @flatulentnicko that was pushing that claim?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, dnewty said:

You do realise everyone is on their holidays and the only prem club to make a signing so far is United (villa also but they’re still champ in my mind haha) 

Don't buy or sell anybody. Just Youri. Lets see how it goes. Seriously. I'd be up for that. Bet we finish above 8th. 

1 hour ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Who are they actually on this forum?

Only the ITKs actually know who the ITKs are on this forum.   Someone ITK told me this.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, SO1 said:

Don't buy or sell anybody. Just Youri. Lets see how it goes. Seriously. I'd be up for that. Bet we finish above 8th. 

lol I first read that as bet we finish 8th, and thought 40m for Youri to gain one place - that’s no way to run a business lol

3 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...is Haller really that good!!!

Just watched the usual YouTube and not impressed. Seems to be a replica of Maupay and if we are looking to go to the next level, we need to get better quality. I would rather we do not spend the money on players who only do the basic as we need a proper investment of quality. Rumours are Rodgers is about to have a large sum to improve the squad and if so he needs to go for it. We don't know the real figures and the ratio of investment to wages so we are somewhat in the dark with they available budget for this summer. If we are serious about top 6 then lets get the players to make it happen.

Haller is a complete forward, he offers much more than just goals. Excellent hold up, passing, intelligence, positioning, and interplay. Like Giroud but better.

3 hours ago, dnewty said:

We don't need a big summer spending spree, we'll probably only look to do that if we start selling some of our best players, so I very much hope you're proved right.

11 hours ago, dnewty said:

YT is I would think the priority as will be keeping the band together. Once the former is complete we’ll see if there is an appetite or even the cash for any incomings other than squad cover.

6 hours ago, Dr The Singh said:

Akenfenwe, 100 million lbs of meat

That really would be the huge transfer window we hope for

Gerrimin :ph34r:

• Haha 1

Been watching a few videos on YouTube (yes I’m bored) for potential wingers... personally I would love us to sell both Gray & Ghezzal, Replacing them with Trossard & Sarr.

Leonardo Trossard is supposedly available for £17.5m. His stats are immense, he played 34 times in the Belgian pro league last year, scoring 14 times & assisting 7 so contributing to a goal every 1.6 games. He’s also played 11 times In the Europe league scoring 8 times. He seems to hold on to the ball at times a bit too much but under BR guidance imo could become a £40m+ winger.

Ismaili Sarr is one who excites me a lot. His direct style of play is so exciting, he has the ability to put teams on the back foot instantly. He’s supposedly available for £30m. He’s played 49 games this year, scoring 13 & providing 11 so contributing to a goal just over every 2 games. He’s been labelled by Mourinho as the next Ousmane Dembele. 

Before people start with the whole football manager comments... with the income of say £30m from selling Gray & Ghezzal. You would be looking at spending around £48m for the pair. That leaves you with an outcost of £18m which for me is good business. Personally I think both are a huge upgrade to our squad & also meet the clubs transfer strategy with buying young to develop into a brilliant player who can either push the club further or be sold for a huge profit. 

That goes without saying signing Trossard & Sarr potentially gives a mate for Youri & another player to add to the African contingent we currently have so both should settle in well.

Edited by Bluearmyfox28

30 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Been watching a few videos on YouTube (yes I’m bored) for potential wingers... personally I would love us to sell both Gray & Ghezzal, Replacing them with Trossard & Sarr.

Leonardo Trossard is supposedly available for £17.5m. His stats are immense, he played 34 times in the Belgian pro league last year, scoring 14 times & assisting 7 so contributing to a goal every 1.6 games. He’s also played 11 times In the Europe league scoring 8 times. He seems to hold on to the ball at times a bit too much but under BR guidance imo could become a £40m+ winger.

Ismaili Sarr is one who excites me a lot. His direct style of play is so exciting, he has the ability to put teams on the back foot instantly. He’s supposedly available for £30m. He’s played 49 games this year, scoring 13 & providing 11 so contributing to a goal just over every 2 games. He’s been labelled by Mourinho as the next Ousmane Dembele. 

Before people start with the whole football manager comments... with the income of say £30m from selling Gray & Ghezzal. You would be looking at spending around £48m for the pair. That leaves you with an outcost of £18m which for me is good business. Personally I think both are a huge upgrade to our squad & also meet the clubs transfer strategy with buying young to develop into a brilliant player who can either push the club further or be sold for a huge profit. 

That goes without saying signing Trossard & Sarr potentially gives a mate for Youri & another player to add to the African contingent we currently have so both should settle in well.

Earlier today Sky Sports sources were reporting Brighton were in for Trossard...if they're looking at him we should definitely be investigating it too. Our Belgian friends in the OHL thread were recommending him too.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mehrez said:

Wonder if Percy may have lost his source at the club not really heard anything out of him for a while 

I remember this being covered last summer, the leaks stopped when Shakespeare and a few of the backroom staff left the club in 2017. That’s all assumption, of course, but the timing did seem to fit.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, North Leeds Fox said:

If we don't get youri (even though I think we will) we should definitely be looking at cabellos while real are desperate for sales. Playing for Spain u21 tonight and been brilliant 

Think Macia wanted him when he first came here and he was still at Betis. Great player.

• Like 1