Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Summer Targets

Any chance we could tempt Ryan Fraser? Wouldn’t be the first time in recent history a mid table club has signed someone from a bottom half side..

Sigurdsson from Swansea to Everton

Richarlison from Watford to Everton

Arnautovic from Stoke to West Ham

There’s probably other examples i’m forgetting.

Fraser is in the last year of his contract, why not throw in a 20-25m bid..

Edited by Shane
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Shane said:

Any chance we could tempt Ryan Fraser? Wouldn’t be the first time in recent history a mid table club has signed someone from a bottom half side..

Sigurdsson from Swansea to Everton

Richarlison from Watford to Everton

Arnautovic from Stoke to West Ham

There’s probably other examples i’m forgetting.

Fraser is in the last year of his contract, why not throw in a 20-25m bid..

I think Fraser is obtainable. The only top side he has been linked with is Arsenal but there is nothing concrete. He has one year left on his contract and maybe he could be persuaded to come here and buy into the BR/Leicester project? If he won't sign a new deal at Bournemouth then they'll probably want to sell him this summer and maybe we could tempt Bournemouth with Gray who have been long term admirers of him. 

He got 8 goals and 15 assists last season so that is definitely the sort of stats we want in one of our wingers. 

• Like 1

A bit skeptical about Fraser personally though you really can’t sniff at 8 goals and 15 assists. That’s exactly the sort of output we need.

Plus, it’s been over a decade since we had a Scot in the squad - how awesome would it be so have players in the England, Scotland, Wales AND Northern Ireland squads at the same time?! And not just naturalised too. 

I would however prefer we went for winger a bit younger and with massive potential.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tanya said:

I would be very happy to buy Fraser. I think he's quality. I'm surprised more teams besides Arsenal are in for him.

Could be because his people have told any suitors that he wants to go to arsenal ?

15 minutes ago, glebe_sydneyfox said:

All kinds of yes to Fraser 

Agree but see above .....

Cannot see any reason why he would come to us. It’s a marginal move up at most.

Big 6 bias exists not just in the media I fear, hence Arsenal would be a far bigger draw.

1 hour ago, ARM1968 said:

Our current modus is buying in young talent and then bringing them on with Prem experience for the big boys to steal when they feel like it. 

Won us the league...

7 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

A bit skeptical about Fraser personally though you really can’t sniff at 8 goals and 15 assists. That’s exactly the sort of output we need.

Plus, it’s been over a decade since we had a Scot in the squad - how awesome would it be so have players in the England, Scotland, Wales AND Northern Ireland squads at the same time?! And not just naturalised too. 

I would however prefer we went for winger a bit younger and with massive potential.

He only turned 25 in February and has had a huge breakthrough season. The below is a massive stat for me but I think @st albans fox is probably right with his assumption that Fraser and Arsenal want each other. He would be massive for us as a proven wide player with world class stats last season. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Swan Lesta said:

Is there any evidence of LCFC interest in Frazer?

Absolutely none. :D

He fits the profile though as a player who is available due to having one year left on his contract and outstanding stats last season who would come here and automatically be our best wide player and a decent upgrade on all our other alternatives. 

Fraser would be fantastic. Bournemouth have shown an interest in Gray in recent transfer windows too, so we could potentially offer him in a player+cash deal if we're still tempted to move him on. Win-win for all parties.

Edited by Xen
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

Our current modus is buying in young talent and then bringing them on with Prem experience for the big boys to steal when they feel like it. 

In a nutshell, apart from the gross exaggeration. You can steal my house any time you like.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Fraser would be a superb signing, would allow both him and Barnes to play on their correct sides but swap if we wanted to expose weaknesses in certain teams by cutting inside, it would make us very adaptable.

You think Barnes is better on the right then I assume? 

1 minute ago, lcfc sheff said:

You think Barnes is better on the right then I assume? 

I didn't do initially, I thought he was going to be much more dangerous on the left but I think he picks up pockets of space better on the right for some reason.

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I didn't do initially, I thought he was going to be much more dangerous on the left but I think he picks up pockets of space better on the right for some reason.

It’s interesting as I have the same opinion on Gray aswell. Being an inverted winger at such a young age gives more pressure on the player imo.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Anything to do with Ben being on the left? For some reason the two of them just don't seem to click... 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

It’s interesting as I have the same opinion on Gray aswell. Being an inverted winger at such a young age gives more pressure on the player imo.

Some of Grays best forays have been on the right getting round the left back out wide and crossing or cutting it back imo. On the left he just cuts in and shoots, or used to anyway.

Edited by WigstonWanderer
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Some of Grays best forays have been on the right getting round the left back out wide and crossing or cutting it back imo. On the left he just cuts in and shoots, or used to anyway.

Can’t use his pace so much on the left either, for me if a winger is struggling form wise it’s best to get him back to the basics of crossing. Rather than the modern pressures of wanting a winger to score plenty.

• Like 1