Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Watford, A Match Thread

Just now, kingfox said:

So straight off the bat we're going to see if he's a genius or an absolute idiot.

One game wont tell us loads either way.

Like all new systems it will take time so lets not build this up as anything more than a learning curve.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, LinekersApples said:

No surprise to me.  Mainly because @Brendan Rodgers sent me  a DM saying "thanks for support, we're going 3 at the back and we're  swapping family stand with the kop" :clap:

I got one of them too. It’s nice to have a manager that really cares about the fans to such an extent he’ll sign up to their fan forums and thank them personally for their support. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Xen said:

Long term I think that's a given. With Morgan (and Maguire, possibly) likely off in the summer then Soyuncu will get his chance alongside Benkovic and Evans.

For now, though, Soyuncu is lacking match fitness and I wonder if the language barrier has meant it's been harder for Rodgers to get his new tactics across to the Turk. That's not a criticism on either of them, btw, it just might take a little bit longer for him to adapt. He's on the bench though, so we'll probably see him sooner rather than later.

Did he play in a 3 at his former club?

Yes. Often. I don't know why but think it might be to strengthen defensively.

I'm somewhat speechless. I wasn't expecting this which is kinda odd because an extra cb really ought have been on my thought radar. Seems obvious to me now.

It's a lineup with flexibility and some pace/creativity. Just a simple one man/positional change seems to free up others. I think a number of players will rejoice in this lineup. I'm cautiously optimistic.

4 minutes ago, Analysethis said:

One game wont tell us loads either way.

Like all new systems it will take time so lets not build this up as anything more than a learning curve.

One game will tell us how slow that back three is though.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Do you think that sort of player has to be someone 30+ experienced willing to play from the bench or someone young? 

I feel like the ideal is someone around 27 in their prime but don’t think you can keep them happy on the bench! 

Yes.

Maybe someone who has recently turned 30, now knows they can't do a full 90 every week, is happy to sit on the bench for 80k a week and in BR, has a big fan? :ph34r:

24 minutes ago, Analysethis said:

*** NEWS ALERT *** NORTHERN IRISH MANAGER PICKS TWO ENGLISHMEN AND A NORTHERN IRISH LAD AS PART OF A BACK THREE (Ive seen this somewhere before LOL)

The plus points are we now look better prepared for set pieces both defending and attacking, We also give two of the best attacking full-backs in the division the chance to do more attacking than defending and we load up midfield positions which can look quite open at times. The only thing I dont like to see is the lack of Hamza from the bench but otherwise I have no complaints.

Took me far too long to actually read your username correctly. 

Analy see this??!?

:facepalm:

3 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

I'd say Morgan's inclusion is a political decision to keep everyone happy and inside for the time being. Plus he can still do a job, though maybe caught out for pace.

Well he likely know what Morgan's game is. He's obviously seen him play. The likelihood of him having seen Soyuncu play is much lower and he's only taken like 2 training sessions.

Edited by Beechey

3 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

I'd say Morgan's inclusion is a political decision to keep everyone happy and inside for the time being. Plus he can still do a job, though maybe caught out for pace.

Why?  Who else should he have picked for 3 atb?  Caglar?

As if he is going to pick anything less than what he believes to be the strongest XI for this formation.