Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Watford, A Match Thread

3 CBs..... Hmmmm. Watford are a physical team so it's not really that surprising. Thought he would go with a safer formation for his first game.

Just don't let them score in the first half AND defend corners.

Edited by the fox
  • Like 1

Defensively we have been suspect this season, so three at the back is welcome. Both Full backs will push up and hopefully the creativity of Tielmans, Maddison, Barnes can help Vardy get the goals.

Up the City!

3 minutes ago, Will1981 said:

Schmeichel

Evans -- Morgan -- Maguire

Ricardo -- Ndidi -- Tielemans -- Chilwell

Barnes -- Maddison

Vardy.

Schmeichel

Evans -- Morgan -- Maguire

Ricardo -- Ndidi -- Tielemans -- Chilwell

- Maddison -

Vardy -Barnes 

????

• Like 3

Brendan said Wes has an important role to play so not surprising to see him back in, looking forward to seeing how the formations plays out! Expect to see Chilwell and Ricardo bombing up and down the wings and joining in with the attack.

Like the idea of 3 at the back. will be interesting to see how Wes plays under this system. I not sure who it was. may have been Sam Allardyce,who thought Wes was a big influence on games due to his leadership quaiities ,but due to age and slowing down needed cover beside him in case of errors. 

• Like 1

Morgan in a back 3 is far better than Morgan in a back 2. Less reliant on pace and more on positioning - which he's excellent at. Also allows Maguire to roam and the FBs to push up without leaving us short at the back.

If Maddison is playing wide then it's a bit harsh on Gray who has done well lately, but if he's behind a front 2 of Vardy/Barnes then it's a much closer pick, for me. Imagine we'll see Gray getting some minutes though.

Surprised we're seeing such a notable change already - he's had less than a week with the players and already changed formation. Wonder if BR is planning on 3atb for every match or just the away/tough home games.

Excited to see how this works out.

*** NEWS ALERT *** NORTHERN IRISH MANAGER PICKS TWO ENGLISHMEN AND A NORTHERN IRISH LAD AS PART OF A BACK THREE (Ive seen this somewhere before LOL)

The plus points are we now look better prepared for set pieces both defending and attacking, We also give two of the best attacking full-backs in the division the chance to do more attacking than defending and we load up midfield positions which can look quite open at times. The only thing I dont like to see is the lack of Hamza from the bench but otherwise I have no complaints.

Don't know why some are saying that Puel would be slated for the same line up. Many on here, myself included, have been baying for a three at the back formation for ages.

However I am worried that it might not be so well drilled. But it seems to get the best out of the players that we have and so could be an interesting experiment moving forwards.

• Like 1