Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Tielemans

Merc reckon Spurs don't want to bid for him at the price he's at. Sounds about right, the Belgian reporter suggested they had other priorities. 

With Utd saying Pogba won't be sold, looks like we may had the advantage on this one 

Just now, UniFox21 said:

Merc reckon Spurs don't want to bid for him at the price he's at. Sounds about right, the Belgian reporter suggested they had other priorities. 

With Utd saying Pogba won't be sold, looks like we may had the advantage on this one 

Good start to the week. Assuming that means Ericsson isn't going, as they would be expecting a lot of cash for him. 

1 minute ago, rachhere said:

Good start to the week. Assuming that means Ericsson isn't going, as they would be expecting a lot of cash for him. 

It's not about Eriksen going it's that they just want someone else other than Tielemans to replace him. 

Just now, rachhere said:

They were also more interested in Lo Celso than Tielemans initially too.  They've got maybe 5+ players for 2-3 positions, so YT wouldn't be number one anyway.

9 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

It's not about Eriksen going it's that they just want someone else other than Tielemans to replace him. 

Surely that's a bit factor though in terms of how much they have to spend... anyhow, the stars seem to be aligning for us, which is the main thing. 

5 minutes ago, rachhere said:

Surely that's a bit factor though in terms of how much they have to spend... anyhow, the stars seem to be aligning for us, which is the main thing. 

Tottenham only really have to spend what they sell plus a small bit extra tbf. 

They're obviously more attractive than we are as a prospect to a player but I don't think they actually have more spending power than us in the current context of our situations. 

That's not really a criticism either. I actually much prefer Levy's approach to Liverpool, Man City or United. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

Tottenham only really have to spend what they sell plus a small bit extra tbf. 

They're obviously more attractive than we are as a prospect to a player but I don't think they actually have more spending power than us in the current context of our situations. 

That's not really a criticism either. I actually much prefer Levy's approach to Liverpool, Man City or United. 

They've got the runners up Champions League Money which is a decent amount id imagine. 

Spurs I'd say are in the same position as us, just higher up. They have the talent and need to kick on and do something otherwise people will leave. 

The next few years could  massively shake up the top 7/8 of the prem for a while.  With 3rd down to 9th almost able to compete with each other.

Still think he’s in the bag ...   and if we can bring the Maguire issue to a head whilst in our strongest position (see my post in that thread), then we can move on to our other targets.  Don’t forget we had Youri and Harry last season so to move us forward we need more goal power as a priority..  whether that’s the scoring wide players that BR is after or a proper alternative to JV ...   or both !!   :)

2 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Still think he’s in the bag ...   and if we can bring the Maguire issue to a head whilst in our strongest position (see my post in that thread), then we can move on to our other targets.  Don’t forget we had Youri and Harry last season so to move us forward we need more goal power as a priority..  whether that’s the scoring wide players that BR is after or a proper alternative to JV ...   or both !!   :)

A significant investment in a quality wide man should be the next priority. Its the one remaining slight weakness to address in the starting XI. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

They've got the runners up Champions League Money which is a decent amount id imagine. 

Spurs I'd say are in the same position as us, just higher up. They have the talent and need to kick on and do something otherwise people will leave. 

The next few years could  massively shake up the top 7/8 of the prem for a while.  With 3rd down to 9th almost able to compete with each other.

They have a lot more income than us, definitely, but I don't particularly think they've got a great deal more net they're willing to reinvest in the playing squad either. 

They have a very shrewd man at the helm who, like ours, wants to run a well maintained and sustainable club. They've spent an absolute wedge on a stadium and regardless the rhetoric that comes out of the club, that will necessitate a drop in player spend. 

4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

They have a lot more income than us, definitely, but I don't particularly think they've got a great deal more net they're willing to reinvest in the playing squad either. 

They have a very shrewd man at the helm who, like ours, wants to run a well maintained and sustainable club. They've spent an absolute wedge on a stadium and regardless the rhetoric that comes out of the club, that will necessitate a drop in player spend. 

Can that drop below £0? :D

But i agree, they don't chuck money as it is, but after spending whatever it was on a ground they'll have to cut back more.

Seriously wouldn't be surprised to see them sell this summer.

But back to YT. I think we have a good chance of signing him due to the bits floating around and the other teams having preferred options. We want him and he'd be our number 1 

The Belgian newspaper HLN (also quite reliable) knows that Man Utd wants to keep Pogba in the first place. But since Pogba has told he wants to leave this summer, those chances are getting slimmer. Tielemans is the absolute number 1 priority to replace Pogba. So United hopes that Tielemans keeps on stalling the negotiations with Leicester.

Just now, Eden De Bruyne said:

The Belgian newspaper HLN (also quite reliable) knows that Man Utd wants to keep Pogba in the first place. But since Pogba has told he wants to leave this summer, those chances are getting slimmer. Tielemans is the absolute number 1 priority to replace Pogba. So United hopes that Tielemans keeps on stalling the negotiations with Leicester.

But presumably this is clouded/confused by the fact Man Utd want Maguire as well?

5 minutes ago, Eden De Bruyne said:

Just because he wants to go doesn't mean they will sell him though. In the UK it's just been reported today that Pogba isn't going anywhere, so... 

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

I'm going to celebrate him signing with a pitcher of beans and little sausages

1 hour ago, whoareyaaa said:

we don't want to see your cock mate

How many cocks has he got ?!?! ....   :o

1 hour ago, Eden De Bruyne said:

Not sure if thats the case tbh ...   there are others.