Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Tielemans

So looks that United haven't made any offers yet.  

Hope YT sees that he's one of many options at United, whereas he's our main option and would be a main cog here rather than used here and there especially if pogba stays 

Edited by UniFox21
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Hope YT sees that he's one of many options at United, whereas he's our main option and would be a main cog here rather than used here and there especially if pogba stays 

True. We need to meet the valuation and show him that he's our priority. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Eden De Bruyne said:

The Belgian newspaper HLN (also quite reliable) knows that Man Utd wants to keep Pogba in the first place. But since Pogba has told he wants to leave this summer, those chances are getting slimmer. Tielemans is the absolute number 1 priority to replace Pogba. So United hopes that Tielemans keeps on stalling the negotiations with Leicester.

I’m gonna be straight with you... every time I get really optimistic you sh*t on my parade, I don’t appreciate it.

• Haha 3

22 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Thats a big thing in our favour.

I don't think he would suit Man Utd. They seem to want a Galactico like Real Madrid in the 00s.  His match fitness is still something of an issue and playing Europa League also will test that.

Not only that but he will link up better with Maddison, Barnes and Vardy than he will with a Pogba, Sanchez or Lukaku. The latter is one of the most troublesome in the game now regardless of ability.

Should he sign for us he could be go to be a Kante like success, with Utd he might go the same way as Darmian or Di Maria. Given their current state the latter would be nearer the mark.

1 hour ago, Mullet1 said:

Man Utd might be purposely putting “feelers” out about YT in the hope we say ok we will sell

you HM to you as long as you back off YT 

1 hour ago, ARM1968 said:

I think that is exactly what they are doing. 

really ? you think its that sophisticated ?   how do you think a player is going to feel about being treated like that ?  this isn't a trade in nuts and blots …… its real people.  i can assure you guys that there is no connection.  yanited are interested because YT is a great young prospect and this is where they are moving to in their transfer policy. 

we are all mushrooms - kept in the dark and fed sh1t !!!!!

• Like 2

Leicester City remain in pole position to sign midfielder Youri Tielemans on a permanent basis.

Tielemans spent the second half of the season on loan at Leicester from Monaco and impressed with a series of eye-catching performances.

That sparked interest from Italian club AC Milan, while Manchester United and Tottenham Hotspur have also been linked with moves for the 22-year-old.

But Leicester are still front-runners to sign Tielemans for around £40million unless a new club emerges as a rival for his signature.

It is believed Tielemans would rather stay at the King Power Stadium than move to Milan or re-join Monaco, where he had lost his place.

Tielemans scored three goals in 12 appearances for Leicester last season, quickly making himself a favourite with the Foxes fans.

Leicester face a fight to keep hold of central defender Harry Maguire, who is wanted by both Manchester clubs, United and City.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/06/17/leicester-leading-race-sign-40m-youri-tielemans/

YT is on holiday and Monaco are not desperate to sell quickly; they'll want to see what happens elsewhere in the market and if any other clubs firm up interest.

We probably are in pole position and we suspect YT is prepared to play for us. I think we all recognise there are clubs he would probably prefer (otherwise the deal might already even be done?) but let's face it, until he's back from holiday, nothing happens.

Just now, The People's Hero said:

YT is on holiday and Monaco are not desperate to sell quickly; they'll want to see what happens elsewhere in the market and if any other clubs firm up interest.

We probably are in pole position and we suspect YT is prepared to play for us. I think we all recognise there are clubs he would probably prefer (otherwise the deal might already even be done?) but let's face it, until he's back from holiday, nothing happens.

Wouldn’t surprise me if everything is already agreed with YT, but Monaco, as you said, are waiting to see what happens, probably with Man Utd, before they agree to an actual deal

45 minutes ago, Mehrez said:

Anyone know where he is on holiday? Time to get into full stalking mode, I want to know if he has red or blue sauce on his Massarella ice cream

fixed...

Edited by norwichfox
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Choosing Leicester over AC Milan... Silvio Berlusconi, La Gazzetta dello Sport, Luciano Pavarotti, Papa John, Cornetto... your boys took one hell of a beating. 

Anyone who is old enough to remember that great Milan side of the 1990's never thought they'd live to see the day when someone would prefer Leicester to Milan. :D

They were one of the great sides of all time and rightly mentioned alongside the Brazil 1970 side and Barcelona 2008. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Wouldn’t surprise me if everything is already agreed with YT, but Monaco, as you said, are waiting to see what happens, probably with Man Utd, before they agree to an actual deal

I think it's far more likely the other way round. We have agreed in principle with Monaco and Tielemans is interested in coming to Leicester but is stalling to see what offers he gets. I'm of the opinion no news is good news about Tielemans and the time decay favours us.  

28 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Anyone who is old enough to remember that great Milan side of the 1990's never thought they'd live to see the day when someone would prefer Leicester to Milan. :D

They were one of the great sides of all time and rightly mentioned alongside the Brazil 1970 side and Barcelona 2008. 

You've forgot Wolverhampton Wanderers 2018?

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Gerard said:

I think it's far more likely the other way round. We have agreed in principle with Monaco and Tielemans is interested in coming to Leicester but is stalling to see what offers he gets. I'm of the opinion no news is good news about Tielemans and the time decay favours us.  

Can’t see that - any delay throws up the chance of a curve ball as other clubs targets disappear and YT becomes a more attractive option for them ..... my take is that YT wants to come here but he is doing as he is told by his agent to get a slightly better deal from us ..... in the meantime a ‘better’ option might crop up ....

• Like 1