Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Tielemans

4 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

I don’t care whether the following is true or not, I’m just willing to believe absolutely anything. 

Fake news is still news :filbert_2:

They speak utter shite 

1 minute ago, DanNDH88 said:

They speak utter shite 

Law of averages, one day they will get it right :dunno:.

I am still optimistic. Things seem to have picked up again after the internationals, and key journalists in Belgium seem to think we are still in with a shout. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eden De Bruyne said:

If Tielemans would sign for Leicester. It would have happened already imo. And Leicester would have paid the 45M to Monaco. I think United will buy him.

I dont know if we would have paid the 45m, but I agree the signing would be already done by now.

I hope we have reasonable backup targets lined up.  Then hope after that since they completely untested in our team the transfer lottery works.

Guest Markyblue
12 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

I dont know if we would have paid the 45m, but I agree the signing would be already done by now.

I hope we have reasonable backup targets lined up.  Then hope after that since they completely untested in our team the transfer lottery works.

So why hasn't he signed for united then whats the difference. 

1 hour ago, Johnthefoxrayner said:

Tielemans is on holiday and it will be sorted out when he returns 

Yep. And Butlins at Skegness does NOT have Wifi.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Crispin LA said:

Just been looking at the man u forum 'redcafe', and it seems that poster's are mixed with the possibility of signing Tielemans, with some saying he not good enough for them. 

Bless ! A little humility wouldn’t go amiss - they need to adjust to a few years in obscurity in the shadow of their more successful neighbours . It’s gonna be tough :giggle:

• Like 1

I think it was always the case that he was happy to join us but if an elite club comes in for him he would go there instead.

He was never going to choose Leicester over Man Utd. Our hope is that he’s a fallback option for clubs like Man Utd and they get their first or second choices in.

39 minutes ago, Crispin LA said:

Just been looking at the man u forum 'redcafe', and it seems that poster's are mixed with the possibility of signing Tielemans, with some saying he not good enough for them. 

They're even more deluded than the fans they hate. The collection of overpaid frauds and the magnitude of the rebuilding job means any player with an ounce of heart and passion is good enough for their current team!

Can see them being in the shadows for quite a few years and it wouldn't surprise me if OGS wasn't an early casualty.

• Like 2

He'd have to be pretty silly to sign for United whilst Pogba is still there, as he'll just end up playing second fiddle. Take nothing away from United they are a massive club, however it'll take them some time to shift Pogba on a deal which meets both the club and player's expectations. I'd therefore be surprised if Youri's happy to take a chance on us not opting to look elsewhere by playing the waiting game as he could quite easily be in a position come the end of the transfer window whereby he's still at Monaco facing the prospect of half a season with no football whatsoever.

Fortunately, I think Youri comes across as a relatively bright boy by comparison to most footballer's so I think he'll opt to join us as he knows exactly what he'll get in return. Having said that nothing surprises these days so let's see what happens. 

• Like 1

He could play in a 4-1-4-1 with Pogba but their defensive midfield options are now horrible. Matic is a shadow of his former self and Fred is pony. McTominay is average at best. There's a huge gamble going to Man Utd, if they sort themselves out then he's at a huge club and his talent deserves it. If they carry on like they have been and Pogba continues to whiff the place up then he'll possibly be in and out the team with Lingard and the whole place will feel toxic. The Euros next summer, although will still be almost guaranteed for him (Benteke and Januzaj still even get in) won't be anywhere near as positive as if he was the top bollocks at Leicester.

Personally if he goes there he can fcuk off. This is a pivotal move for him after an iffy 2 seasons, he'll take the better option and join us I am almost certain.

• Like 3

Would be daft of Tielemans to join Man Utd in their current state. Relatively speaking United are as appealing to play for now as Leicester were from 2001-08.

Playing for Leicester next season would be the better option in the short term. Wait for a possible improvement in Man Utd or for Chelsea to get past the transfer ban. Even an Arsenal turning things around would be worth holding out for.

Going to Old Trafford in its current state is almost toxic.

Either way I'd like it resolved in the next 2 to 3 weeks. We don't another Drinkwater/Silva debacle. The fear is they sign him in mid-July and we don't have an alternative lined up.

Edited by Blue ROI

As bad of a state Man Utd are in currently, they're still Man Utd and are a giant of a club. 

The instability at the club massively helps us, and hopefully Youri draws similarities between the situation at Monaco and Utd and joins us. 

But not hopeful, have to say. We've done all we can and given a bloody good account of us. Coming to Leicester is a solid option, he gets guaranteed games in a team full of talent similar in age to him and all developing together. 

• Like 1

The very least we can do is get a fee agreed, if we don't atleast get that sorted then we've made a bit of a pigs ear of it. If we do and Utd then come in for a similar amount and he goes there then fine, we move on.

• Like 1