Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Tielemans

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

This is from what Duncan Castle's has said, but it's in contrast to what the Belgian journalist has said who has repeatedly been one of the first to break actual information regarding Tielemans transfer. I personally don't think he will be their number one, there is no way they'll sell a player for £140-150m and replace him with a player for £40m, they'll feel pressured for going for a bigger name. I could see them wanting him as well as Pogba though but the question is, will he be as influential there as he is here? Man Utd is a dodgy gaff right now and he's already had to put up with that at Monaco.

Difference is Monaco were probably paying him peanuts compared with what Man U are going to offer him..... Money talks in this game I'm afraid. 

5 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Difference is Monaco were probably paying him peanuts compared with what Man U are going to offer him..... Money talks in this game I'm afraid. 

He's on £90k I heard and that'll be mostly tax free wouldn't it?

Just now, Ric Flair said:

This is from what Duncan Castle's has said, but it's in contrast to what the Belgian journalist has said who has repeatedly been one of the first to break actual information regarding Tielemans transfer. I personally don't think he will be their number one, there is no way they'll sell a player for £140-150m and replace him with a player for £40m, they'll feel pressured for going for a bigger name. I could see them wanting him as well as Pogba though but the question is, will he be as influential there as he is here? Man Utd is a dodgy gaff right now and he's already had to put up with that at Monaco.

Agree with this Ric. As great as Tielemans was for us, Pogba's on a completely different level, and if it was somehow possible that we had the choice between the two I'd have Pogba all day long as he has the capability to single handedly control the tempo of a game. 

Tielemans would certainly be a downgrade for United should Pogba leave, and I can't see him going there if Pogba stays as he won't get game time especially now Mata has signed a new contract. 

For me there are too many variables involved in a transfer to United for Tielemans to be a genuine option and I'm not entirely sure that there is enough time in this window for such a move to come to fruition. As such I believe that realistically we are the only viable option at the current time should Tielemans wish to leave Monaco. 

• Like 1

Just now, weller54 said:

What would he be on at Yanited though?... At least double that? 

Possibly, they don't pay all their stars that though initially. I reckon more like £140-150k which is about £50k more a week than we'd pay him as one of our top earners.

With regards to the Duncan Castles info, it is from his podcast and taken out of context in the fact that Youri is 1st choice to replace Pogba after/if he is sold, which is a transfer saga that could drag on for the whole window

From comments previously from YT, it seems like he is pretty sure on a transfer happening by the end of the month/in the next coming weeks, which makes me think he isn’t willing to wait around to see what happens with Pogba and United

*Also according to the Express which is pushing the Youri being 1st choice angle, Duncan Castles has also commented that Youri isn’t convinced he is actually Man Utds first choice

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

With regards to the Duncan Castles info, it is from his podcast and taken out of context in the fact that Youri is 1st choice to replace Pogba after/if he is sold, which is a transfer saga that could drag on for the whole window

From comments previously from YT, it seems like he is pretty sure on a transfer happening by the end of the month/in the next coming weeks, which makes me think he isn’t willing to wait around to see what happens with Pogba and United

*Also according to the Express which is pushing the Youri being 1st choice angle, Duncan Castles has also commented that Youri isn’t convinced he is actually Man Utds first choice

Image result for clutching at straws

Have a bit of a feeling that Tielemans is still considering his options.

If he wants to stay at LCFC 100%, then would've imagined this would be sorted by now tbh.

If this is unresolved after another couple of weeks, then concerns over the chances of him staying at the club can be understandable - but it's still too early in the market to worry about this.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

11 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

If he wants to stay at LCFC 100%, then would've imagined this would be sorted by now tbh.

If this is unresolved after another couple of weeks, then concerns over the chances of him staying at the club can be understandable - but it's still too early in the market to worry about this.

Maybe he is happy to come here, but using possible United interest to bump up his wages?

14 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

i suspect there is a degree of truth in this, and that's his prerogative to ensure this next move is the best one for him as his last one didn't work. but i also think out board will make it clear they wont wait and he will be aware he could end up without a choice if we move on and united aren't actually interested.

Edited by JJS84
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Is he still on his jollies ?? ...    I'm losing track ...   I'm very, very, confident he's on his way here and the big unveil is not too far away after a few I's are dotted and t's crossed.   I just hope (as I keep saying), that, if and when this is sorted and Maguire (hopefully) decides to stay it won't be the usual "Wow we've kept our best players and got Youri !!" ...   as if that is enough.   We had them last season and to move on we need talented goal scorers up front (wing or central) to make progress in the league ...   this for me is a key time for our future ...   we have a fantastic base of new young talent which we must keep and add to .....   if not we will lose them and go backwards ...   :fc:

• Like 1

I think many underestimate the pulling power of Silva being an option for Monaco considering how well he did. No Deal = No Silva.. No media mentions this prospect and i think its due to the fact that linking Man Utd makes the papers money. Its a corrupt greedy life and its best to just wait it out, rather than getting worked up with speculation as per usual.

13 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Is he still on his jollies ?? ...    I'm losing track ...   I'm very, very, confident he's on his way here and the big unveil is not too far away after a few I's are dotted and t's crossed.   I just hope (as I keep saying), that, if and when this is sorted and Maguire (hopefully) decides to stay it won't be the usual "Wow we've kept our best players and got Youri !!" ...   as if that is enough.   We had them last season and to move on we need talented goal scorers up front (wing or central) to make progress in the league ...   this for me is a key time for our future ...   we have a fantastic base of new young talent which we must keep and add to .....   if not we will lose them and go backwards ...   :fc:

He probably is, smiling about this thread - seeing how quick some fans' reactions can be from what certain 'sources' say about his situation..:whistle:

Edited by Wymeswold fox

Getting fed up with the media tittle tattle. This business about a phone call from Man Utd, supposedly. Let close this thread and open a new one when we get some concrete information on his future from the player and his agent.  Its becoming boring. 

• Like 2

Just now, wokinghamfox said:

Getting fed up with the media tittle tattle. This business about a phone call from Man Utd, supposedly. Let close this thread and open a new one when we get some concrete information on his future from the player and his agent.  Its becoming boring. 

Close the thread !!! .....      :pearson: ....     not a hope in hell sunshine !! ....   :)

Silly boy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, wokinghamfox said:

image.thumb.png.f702a608a03bb2c8a4793015aa3daafa.png

This button is your best friend during Transfer season.. :thumbup:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Simoken said:

I think many underestimate the pulling power of Silva being an option for Monaco considering how well he did. No Deal = No Silva.. No media mentions this prospect and i think its due to the fact that linking Man Utd makes the papers money. Its a corrupt greedy life and its best to just wait it out, rather than getting worked up with speculation as per usual.

If we don't get YT we will still want to sell Silva.

If Monaco offer us the most then that's where he will go (assuming he's happy to move there).

2 hours ago, hackneyfox said:

If we don't get YT we will still want to sell Silva.

If Monaco offer us the most then that's where he will go (assuming he's happy to move there).

Exactly, if we offer more than Man Utd, Monaco will want to sell to us. They want the most for their player, they won’t be bothered who the buyer is. Obviously they may know they can get Silva a bit cheaper if we strike a deal for Tielemans.