Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Tielemans

55 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Youri Tielemans, the Monaco and Belgium midfielder who spent last season on loan at Leicester City, is one of numerous players to have been offered to United but the club are not thought to be pursuing a deal for the 22 year-old and are instead focusing on other targets. Leicester would like to sign Tielemans permanently but have been put off by his €45m valuation”

In the telegraph article

I seriously doubt that.

• Like 2

Some reports saying we are at an advanced stage in talks with Tielemans and now reports saying we won't pay £40m. If he is our number 1 target, which im pretty sure he is, then I doubt we'd be squabbling over the £40m fee. If we miss out on him, i hope it will be because hes had a better offer rather than us pissing about over the fee! 

When the decision was made to replace Puel Top and the board had decided BR was the man. To put us off Celtic asked for a £9 million release fee to bring the Manager and his team in early to get their feet under the table for the new season. There was no messing around with Top and delaying just a simple fair enough do you do Amex or is paypal easier and shall I do friends and family to save you a few quid. Add this to the training ground complex and the cost of this and you can see the club mean business. We don't need to know the fine margins and nitty gritty of the deal but the club will be on this. They have an asset we want but they don't we have an asset they want but we don't but it would be foolish not to sort out a deal agreeable to everyone. Tielemans knows the set up, knows he fits in and is popular and he and his family have been in the area. We will be in the box seat so chill and keep the faith

54 minutes ago, LinekersApples said:

You wouldn’t be a very good agent if you weren’t trying to get the player you represent (and yourself) the biggest pay day possible.

They are single minded in their approach and I guess that’s what they should be. It’s a short career and loyalty is dead. Add a second player to the mix, a second agent, a second family....  

Luckily YT is an intelligent young man, has some good/well respected people around him (and I include Roberto Martinez, Brendan Rodgers and........Claude Puel in that list) and will make the right decision for his wallet, his family and his development. 

Through the smoke and mirrors of the football transfer rumours, from a media with very little to report on in mid June (as is often the case) we remain in an extremely favourable position. We continue to have a good relationship with Monaco (developed over the past few years through common business interests) and I continue to believe (and hear) that YT will become a Leicester player. 

Common business interests outside of football? (Sorry not on topic I know but found that comment interesting)

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Well we were in January

Yeah but that was before we saw just how brilliant he was.

In January he was on the bench/in the stands for a side in the bottom 3 of Ligue 1. Since then he's proven how good he is in the Premier League with multiple goals and assists and is now one of the first names on the star studded Belgian team sheet.

£40m is nothing for a talent like him. We can't seriously think we won't sell any of our players for under £70m yet think £40 for someone arguably as good as anything we have is too much.

1 minute ago, SO1 said:

Does anyone know when Training camp starts? After the internationals finish their holidays? 

Not 100% sure but think it’s 1st July, but players who played internationals post season generally come back a few days or so later. 

2 minutes ago, SO1 said:

Does anyone know when Training camp starts? After the internationals finish their holidays? 

2-3 weeks time, I would have thought. Internationals join up with the camp later, depending on when their last game was.

8 minutes ago, Liamlcfc1 said:

Top's new plane flying to the closest airport near Monaco 

IMG_afjxmu.thumb.jpg.2a9df9880035ce67aec4f21700e1dd6e.jpg

Top has a villa there - remember the boys went there when the season finished ....  it could be that it’s gone to bring him (and others)  back for royal ascot beginning tues 

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 3
  • Sad 2

15 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Top has a villa there - remember the boys went there when the season finished ....  it could be that it’s gone to bring him (and others)  back for royal ascot beginning tues 

Thought we were on for a good old plane tracking saga and you have to come in here with all that logic to bring me down 

Current distopian nightmare: Youri goes to United, Cattermole is directly contacted and signed by Congerton.

We have a player we want, a player we know wants to play for us, but 110 pages later still nothing. Monaco and his agent seem to looking for more appealing options. We don't seem to be biting their hand off.

Edited by Foxxed