Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fox in notts

Fans leaving early

10 hours ago, Balj said:

Depends on how you get to and from the game - personally on occasion I have to leave 5 mins early to ensure I get my train back home.  I wouldn't criticise anyone for leaving early just as long as they wait for a break in play.

This, I have the same issue

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

It's possible for it to be both. No-one's denying some people have a good reason for leaving early, I know a few who have to at evening games to make the last train home.

But almost half the stadium? Come on. It was never the case that many were streaming out regularly, whatever the scoreline, 10-15 years ago or during the title-winning season.

Spot on, I acknowledge the previous posters comments however as well. It is their choice and I have no idea personally why 10,000 people up sticks at 2-0 in a meaningless game.  They have their reasons and I'm also entitled to my perception that not all these people had to meet their wives, kids, train etc.

As you say, funnily enough when the times were amazing or even European midweek nights, the ground mysteriously remained near as damn it full....

The guy I sit near leaves at 85/86 every week regardless. I know him so know his reasons,  he gets home potentially 30 mins earlier by getting a head start.

No wife, no kids, no dog. Just would sooner see his speedometer working at 50mph as opposed to applauding his team off come thick or thin

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

It's possible for it to be both. No-one's denying some people have a good reason for leaving early, I know a few who have to at evening games to make the last train home.

But almost half the stadium? Come on. It was never the case that many were streaming out regularly, whatever the scoreline, 10-15 years ago or during the title-winning season.

There we go again 'almost half the stadium ', if you mean this Saturday that's a wild exaggeration!  Even so, it's their business if they want to leave or not and absolutely none of your business, just look after yourself. I don't personally leave but it's up to them. The only time it narks me is when they mince around on the stairway blocking the view which is pig ignorant. If they want to go,  go. Don't hang around.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, volpeazzurro said:

There we go again 'almost half the stadium ', if you mean this Saturday that's a wild exaggeration!  Even so, it's their business if they want to leave or not and absolutely none of your business, just look after yourself. I don't personally leave but it's up to them. The only time it narks me is when they mince around on the stairway blocking the view which is pig ignorant. If they want to go,  go. Don't hang around.

This made me chuckle more than it should have ??

• Haha 1

Leicester fans should seriously have a word with themselves if they leave early in the Chelsea game. 

Whatever your normal reasons to get away, after what's happened this season, Top and Co deserve our full appreciation and applause when do the lap at the end. 

Last season was a bit of a misunderstanding, this season the whole ground should stay for the extra 15 minutes or so. 

They deserve the recognition for their pain and how they've set our club up for years to come ??

• Like 2

12 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

I've never claimed it is any of my business. I just think it's a weird phenomenon. :dunno:

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
6 minutes ago, BirminghamFox said:

Never leave early and I live in South Brum

I take it you don’t drive other wise I can’t imagine why your boasting about living less than an hour away. I know season ticket holders on the south coast and in North Yorkshire.

If you do drive I suggest you try taking public transport one week and you might understand why people leave early.

Edited by Manwell Pablo
  • Like 2

We have plenty of fans who live in Melton Mowbray, Oakham and beyond who get the train. Today, the last train left at 6.18pm due to cancellations- after that it was coaches which would no doubt be crammed or they'd have to make alternative arrangements. Some of us were unable to even make the match as we couldn't get back.

There were extenuating circumstances today at least.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Corky said:

We have plenty of fans who live in Melton Mowbray, Oakham and beyond who get the train. Today, the last train left at 6.18pm due to cancellations- after that it was coaches which would no doubt be crammed or they'd have to make alternative arrangements. Some of us were unable to even make the match as we couldn't get back.

There were extenuating circumstances today at least.

Trains are shit every Sunday, buses are shit every Sunday. 

I have two choices when attending a midweek game, leave early or sleep on the streets of Leicester.

Folk live in different places, park in different places, and use various methods of getting from A to B. Why people have to worry about what other people do with their time I’m not so sure. I’d have better questions to ask in terms of fan loyalty such as where the 14,000 extra attendants today were when we played the MK Dons in our opening game in league one. 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Trains are shit every Sunday, buses are shit every Sunday. 

I have two choices when attending a midweek game, leave early or sleep on the streets of Leicester.

Folk live in different places, park in different places, and use various methods of getting from A to B. Why people have to worry about what other people do with their time I’m not so sure. I’d have better questions to ask in terms of fan loyalty such as where the 14,000 extra attendants today were when we played the MK Dons in our opening game in league one. 

I was there for that game and missed most our title season. 

Feel like I should be on that Rhodri Giggs Paddy Power advert about loyalty never being rewarded!

7 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

I take it you don’t drive other wise I can’t imagine why your boasting about living less than an hour away. I know season ticket holders on the south coast and in North Yorkshire.

If you do drive I suggest you try taking public transport one week and you might understand why people leave early.

Boasting??? Lol

Some people who leave early live locally so was clearly stating I’ve never left early!

i travel by whatever means to see the whole game, sometimes car sometimes train.

On Boxing Day I’ve booked a hotel as public transport is crap.

14 minutes ago, BirminghamFox said:

Boasting??? Lol

Some people who leave early live locally so was clearly stating I’ve never left early!

i travel by whatever means to see the whole game, sometimes car sometimes train.

On Boxing Day I’ve booked a hotel as public transport is crap.

Booked Highcross Travelodge Boxing Day for £33, will make a day of it. Will even stay till end!

• Haha 1