Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fox in notts

Fans leaving early

On ‎09‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 18:53, fox in notts said:

Much better today from the lads. So why do people leave so early.3/1 up ground should be jumping but 10 minutes to go it started and I mean start. At the final whistle half empty  ground. Rogers came on the pitch to applaud the fans. Most had gone. Shocking support. Shows him we are a small club. Plastic fans only there for the prem. Don't bother if you cannot see the game to the end. Muppets

:frusty:You are the muppet, talking puerile banal tripe. If people wish to avoid the rush after a game, then that is their prerogative. It has happened ever since football crowds grew in numbers, and ever since I started watching City in 1960. Not just at Leicester, but everywhere.

Get a life and grow up sonny.

• Thanks 4

• 1 month later...
20 minutes ago, dayday said:

Considering how well we played, I was shocked to see how many people had left the ground prior to Vardys third.

I can understand midweek games, but a midday match on a Sunday.

Firstly, I think the amount that actually left is being exaggerated and secondly, as this game had been rescheduled twice is it, some supporters probably had other things to attend and needed to avoid the rush. Either way, it's their money and their perogative to do what they wish. I always usually stay until the end 'just in case' but a few weeks ago had to leave 15 minutes before the end to attend a family event in Nottingham with a time deadline, rather than not go at all I wanted to attend and see as much of the game as I could. Sometimes things clash. My money, my business.

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Disgusting, couple in front of us leave at 82 every week regardless. Again, seems to be the modern day era of people clearing off downstairs at 38 mins to avoid rush and again at 88 mins to avoid rush. Absolutely no interest in showing appreciation to the players for entertaining and grafting. Scenes on MOTD showed a half empty stadium just before Vardys finish to an excellent move. Embarrassing. 

• Like 4

Depends on how you get to and from the game - personally on occasion I have to leave 5 mins early to ensure I get my train back home.  I wouldn't criticise anyone for leaving early just as long as they wait for a break in play.

As long as I remember from way back when, fans have always left early.

Some due to not wanting to be caught up in the crowd all trying to exit the stadium at the same time.

Some due to age or infirmity, some to catch transport home, some because they've seen enough crap under Puel!

Some because they know we have the game won / lost.

Some even left early when we won the PL and the trophy was being presented!

It doesn't bother me, I always wait until the final whistle before leaving.

I sit on the back row with my son so we always make our way down on 87 and watch the last few minutes in the concourse to avoid getting stuck at the back. 

I am not sure why fans leaving early trigger so many people, you have paid your money so your entitled to leave when you want. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

As usual, my only issue is the ones who stand on the stairs and block the view for everyone else. 4 minutes injury time so even the ones who start to leave 5 or so early are still lingering around and blocking the view.

If you're gonna go, go. Don't start to leave and then block the view for those near the stairs. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Blanchflower78 said:

Disgusting, couple in front of us leave at 82 every week regardless. Again, seems to be the modern day era of people clearing off downstairs at 38 mins to avoid rush and again at 88 mins to avoid rush. Absolutely no interest in showing appreciation to the players for entertaining and grafting. Scenes on MOTD showed a half empty stadium just before Vardys finish to an excellent move. Embarrassing. 

It's not embarrassing it's their perogative. For all you know they may have a train to catch, I know that to where I live at weekends the times are shit and non existant after 9.30pm for night games. Luckily I don't have to rely on them but some people do. Either way it's their money, their choice and really none of your business particularly as you haven't a clue why they have to leave early. Supporters aren't clones, their circumstances due to travel, family commitments and employment all differ. In the past when on shifts, rather than miss the game altogether I've just attended the first half and rushed off,  I don't think that's in the slightest way disrespeful to players, if they thought that way, which I doubt,  then tough titty. Years ago i used to have to leave early in order to meet my wife just before she started her Saturday evening job and pick our two young children up and take them home etc. My season ticket,  my money,  my choice. Nobody else's business. 

Edited by volpeazzurro

1 hour ago, volpeazzurro said:

It's not embarrassing it's their perogative. For all you know they may have a train to catch, I know that to where I live at weekends the times are shit and non existant after 9.30pm for night games. Luckily I don't have to rely on them but some people do. Either way it's their money, their choice and really none of your business particularly as you haven't a clue why they have to leave early. Supporters aren't clones, their circumstances due to travel, family commitments and employment all differ. In the past when on shifts, rather than miss the game altogether I've just attended the first half and rushed off,  I don't think that's in the slightest way disrespeful to players, if they thought that way, which I doubt,  then tough titty. My season ticket,  my money,  my choice. 

It's possible for it to be both. No-one's denying some people have a good reason for leaving early, I know a few who have to at evening games to make the last train home.

But almost half the stadium? Come on. It was never the case that many were streaming out regularly, whatever the scoreline, 10-15 years ago or during the title-winning season.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Kopic said:

I've paid my money so I stay in my seat until security kick me out. Anyone who leaves straight after the whistle is plastic.

Absolute garbage. Remember a game lasts for 90 minutes but rarey do we see 90 minutes of football with all the time wasting tactics, the rolling about at every opportunity and it taking a colossal amount of time for free-kicks and sometimes goal-kicks to be taken. Go when you're ready. It's more annoying to me that folk aren't in their seats for the kick-off and the disruption that's caused by turning up late.

39 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

As usual, my only issue is the ones who stand on the stairs and block the view for everyone else. 4 minutes injury time so even the ones who start to leave 5 or so early are still lingering around and blocking the view.

If you're gonna go, go. Don't start to leave and then block the view for those near the stairs. 

Worse than that is the same guy that comes down the stairs and then stands at the bottom of the stairs to clap the players off, I have no issue with him clapping them off but just do it from your seat.

21 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Worse than that is the same guy that comes down the stairs and then stands at the bottom of the stairs to clap the players off, I have no issue with him clapping them off but just do it from your seat.

Clapping them off block your view of the game though. It's irritating, but blocking  the view of the actual game as you're leaving but don't want to miss the end are just selfish. 

Yes they may have perfectly valid reasons to leave, but blocking everyone else as you want to make a quick exit is selfish

• Like 1

There was a group of four on Sunday dressed to the 9s that arrived 15 minutes late, left 15 minutes before the half, came back 15 minutes after half, and left 20 minutes before the final whistle.They saw less than 30 minutes of the game. A friend was with me -- wife couldn't make it due to the schedule change -- and he was truly perturbed by the spectacle. 

8 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

There was a group of four on Sunday dressed to the 9s that arrived 15 minutes late, left 15 minutes before the half, came back 15 minutes after half, and left 20 minutes before the final whistle.They saw less than 30 minutes of the game. A friend was with me -- wife couldn't make it due to the schedule change -- and he was truly perturbed by the spectacle. 

I'd be perturbed by Leicester fans dressing well also.

I was right at the top of the East Stand, hemmed in next to the commentary area, and needed a pee. I got to the concourse just as the 3rd went in. I gambled slightly and missed a goal, but I didn't have to be incredibly uncomfortable and stand in 2 queues as a result, likewise my companion. If that behaviour offends people, then they can be offended, it simply is not my problem. 

2 hours ago, Kopic said:

I've paid my money so I stay in my seat until security kick me out. Anyone who leaves straight after the whistle is plastic.

I'm glued to the IPTV stream from Canada 2 hours before kickoff, during the game and 2 after. I also have chest hair and a hairy sack (although i just trimmed it because you have to be fair to the ladies or gents if that floats your boat). All these plastics showing up to a game early, late, on time,  tsk tsk. Easy for you lot you live in England!

57 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I was right at the top of the East Stand, hemmed in next to the commentary area, and needed a pee. I got to the concourse just as the 3rd went in. I gambled slightly and missed a goal, but I didn't have to be incredibly uncomfortable and stand in 2 queues as a result, likewise my companion. If that behaviour offends people, then they can be offended, it simply is not my problem. 

You mean you didnt want to become an internet meme like that west brom fan? Shame! Where is the LTID commitment at all costs?? Tskkk

Lol on a serious note who cares about all this it's not like you can nanny state fans. Much bigger issues to worry about. Smoke a joint before the game and see if that changes your perspective.