Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fox in notts

Fans leaving early

Guest Markyblue

We have the singing at away matches police. We have the dont sit down/stand up police. We have the dont leave early police.  I'm just waiting for someone to start a thread telling people what to wear. Why not go the match and stop trying to impose your views on others.  Last time I looked we were still a free living democracy. 

I go down concourse early in first half otherwise it's impossible to get something to eat or drink and still make kick off. Stay until the end but did leave early on a few occasions under Puel.

Some people just want to beat the traffic I guess.

50 minutes ago, Markyblue said:

We have the singing at away matches police. We have the dont sit down/stand up police. We have the dont leave early police.  I'm just waiting for someone to start a thread telling people what to wear. Why not go the match and stop trying to impose your views on others.  Last time I looked we were still a free living democracy. 

We also have the 'I wish people would read the entire thread' police - then the point about blocking views and being generally thoughtless and inconsiderate to those still watching might not get lost. 

I presume, in a 'free living democracy', we are still allowed to complain about people wilfully acting without care for anyone else...

• Like 1

Guest Markyblue
1 minute ago, HighPeakFox said:

We also have the 'I wish people would read the entire thread' police - then the point about blocking views and being generally thoughtless and inconsiderate to those still watching might not get lost. 

I presume, in a 'free living democracy', we are still allowed to complain about people wilfully acting without care for anyone else...

Never had a problem with people wanting those leaving early to move out of the way of exits and blocking people's views. My problem is with the super fans on here telling everyone else how to enjoy going to a football match. I stay until the end anyway but to try to claim those leaving early are plastics is rubbish. 

i guess if a fans leaves because they are ill or something they'd be called as well then,

i dont care if people leave early, think the only gripe id have is if they left within the first half but i honestly couldnt care either way,

its upto the person 

so people need to get off their high horse about this crap

Edited by FrankieADZ
  • Like 1

Just now, Markyblue said:

Never had a problem with people wanting those leaving early to move out of the way of exits and blocking people's views. My problem is with the super fans on here telling everyone else how to enjoy going to a football match. I stay until the end anyway but to try to claim those leaving early are plastics is rubbish. 

Yes, and I think in the main, most would agree with you. Best ignored.

People pay,  people have the right to choose, we're all different but, as one poster said, if you're going, go. Stop standing in the aisles and round the stairs. Whilst you have the right to leave, we also have the right to stay and watch the game we paid for without looking at the back of your big fat selfish necks! Just piss off if you're going ?

1 hour ago, Mr Weller said:

The family stand in particular, seems to empty and that’s bad for the team.

Wouldn't say it's particularly worse than the rest of the ground. 

People leave early, if that's what they wish to do then leave them to it. If you're worried it'll impact the team, shout louder to compensate

I'm not sure why we're supposed to hang around after the final whistles gone on the off chance the manager and players decide to thank us for being there, I don't want to be thanked that way my thanks is for them to perform to their utmost during the game.

Back on topic though, it is quite weird.

I've never been to the cinema and had swathes of people leaving with 5-10 mins to go. Maybe the odd individual, but never more than a family and that is rare. I haven't been to the Tigers for a long while, but it never happened there, at least not in a way that left large sections of Welford Rd empty at the final whistle. It might just be nostalgia, but I also can't remember it happening at Filbert St.

Defend yourself all you like, but I can't understand why a real, passionate fan of their team (any sport) would leave before the end and potentially miss a moment of stunning, world-class, action unless it was some kind of medical emergency.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Back on topic though, it is quite weird.

I've never been to the cinema and had swathes of people leaving with 5-10 mins to go. Maybe the odd individual, but never more than a family and that is rare. I haven't been to the Tigers for a long while, but it never happened there, at least not in a way that left large sections of Welford Rd empty at the final whistle. It might just be nostalgia, but I also can't remember it happening at Filbert St.

Defend yourself all you like, but I can't understand why a real, passionate fan of their team (any sport) would leave before the end and potentially miss a moment of stunning, world-class, action unless it was some kind of medical emergency.

I've also never had to wait 20-30 mins to get out of a cinema if I watch until the closing credits are in full flow. The club might want to think about how they improve that.

Never mind the ones leaving early, it's the ones who arrive late that get my back up.

Some ignoramus thought it was good idea to arrive 10 minutes late. Shuffled back to let him through, and he stopped right in front of me to watch an attack develop. Don't pay hard-earned cash to watch the back of his head. Rant over.

PS. Always have stayed to the end unless there is somewhere I'd have to be right after the game and don't particular fancy waiting 20-25 minutes to get out the stadium after the players and manager have been applauded off the pitch. And trust me, losing 4-1 to Palace was difficult staying for.

• Like 1