Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fox in notts

Fans leaving early

I left at about 60 minutes at Chelsea away once and got dogs abuse. Think we were three down and going nowhere.

Ended up getting back for a decent night out, so worked out well.

I object to people telling me what I should and shouldn’t do when it’s my purchase and it’s nothing to do with anyone else.

Have missed a few Puel games out as the football bored me. Season tickets just not used. My money, my choice and happy with the decision I have made thanks.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I've also never had to wait 20-30 mins to get out of a cinema if I watch until the closing credits are in full flow. The club might want to think about how they improve that.

I've never had to wait 20-30 mins to get out of the KP either. Ever. Was out in less than five yesterday. Probably worst case scenario, 10-12 mins, and it's really not a problem.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

I've never had to wait 20-30 mins to get out of the KP either. Ever. Was out in less than five yesterday. Probably worst case scenario, 10-12 mins, and it's really not a problem.

It is for the folk that are at the top of the kop, its horrendous mate. Takes 20-30 mins. I no longer stay until the final whistle, as soon as the injury time board is up I go down and can then be home by 6 for the missus to go to work. If I did stay it would be 6.30 minimum as the traffic is always the pits an'all.

35 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

It is for the folk that are at the top of the kop, its horrendous mate. Takes 20-30 mins. I no longer stay until the final whistle, as soon as the injury time board is up I go down and can then be home by 6 for the missus to go to work. If I did stay it would be 6.30 minimum as the traffic is always the pits an'all.

C00226DC-3C75-4058-9469-8A4870D2B454.jpeg.22a10b1a850ddc88d9d14cbfcbca6190.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

34 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Disagree with this, i si in row LL in sk1, few rows off the top, More often than not at soarpoint for the 5.30pm kick off, if we have kicked off at 3pm. I stay until the end and am often one of the very last out if the ground. Getting out of the KP is a breeze

1 hour ago, Rob1742 said:

I left at about 60 minutes at Chelsea away once and got dogs abuse. Think we were three down and going nowhere.

Ended up getting back for a decent night out, so worked out well.

I object to people telling me what I should and shouldn’t do when it’s my purchase and it’s nothing to do with anyone else.

Have missed a few Puel games out as the football bored me. Season tickets just not used. My money, my choice and happy with the decision I have made thanks.

I don't think people are telling you what to do, if they are then i agree with you, they shouldn't.

But people have a right to voice their opinions on behaviour that goes against social norms. Whatever you do or think, leaving the football/any sport/cinema early clearly goes against social norms and will ensure people are bemused by what you're doing

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

All I can say is, get a new missus.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Disagree with this, i si in row LL in sk1, few rows off the top, More often than not at soarpoint for the 5.30pm kick off, if we have kicked off at 3pm. I stay until the end and am often one of the very last out if the ground. Getting out of the KP is a breeze

It takes about 15 mins to walk to Soar Point, so do the maths and that's a good 20 mins to get out the ground mate hahaha

Really hoping this doesn't happen after the Chelsea home game. 

Fuchs, Shinji etc deserve a proper send off after what they've helped to achieve. 

Obviously, the club need to let the fans know, unlike after the West Ham game last season, when that was quite embarrassing for Khun and his family. 

• Like 1

Well Alan Shearer said it best towards the end of last season on MOTD following our defeat at home to West Ham, a team with everything to play for (survival) versus us who were only going to finish one place higher at best had we won....."Leicester fans must have very short memories"  - in reference to the ground being 90% empty when the players were doing their last lap of honour at the KP for the season. Spot on in reference to the majority of fans of the team that did the unthinkable and the best thing ever in football just two seasons earlier. Sometimes that Prem title win really has been a subsequent curse!   

I'm still wandering what most of the 'leave early' LCFC fans are on at times re their expectation levels, space cakes perhaps?!

6 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

I have the sense to park a 10 minutes walk away before kick off near Victoria Park, no problems getting out of Leicester/Knighton area for me and heading back to Northants to my folks. Have been doing that for most of the past few years. If people can't afford the time to get to the ground before whatever time KO by parking a mile or so away then fair enough but I guess a lot of people have forgotten they've got legs?

5 hours ago, Guy said:

Well Alan Shearer said it best towards the end of last season on MOTD following our defeat at home to West Ham, a team with everything to play for (survival) versus us who were only going to finish one place higher at best had we won....."Leicester fans must have very short memories"  - in reference to the ground being 90% empty when the players were doing their last lap of honour at the KP for the season. Spot on in reference to the majority of fans of the team that did the unthinkable and the best thing ever in football just two seasons earlier. Sometimes that Prem title win really has been a subsequent curse!   

I'm still wandering what most of the 'leave early' LCFC fans are on at times re their expectation levels, space cakes perhaps?!

This encapsulates one of the themes of this thread. This cult-like expectation that you should worship at the alter of your football club come what may, at whatever cost.

It's so manly to have PASHUN, THRU FIK AND FIN with your football club. Last year I seem to remember it was a lovely day when we played West Ham, we lost 2-0 and were on an absolutely dreadful run. I wasn't sticking around for an extra 25 minutes to applaud the players. I wanted to enjoy the day, my valued weekend, with my other half after the game. I suspect many others felt the same. I'm not sure the players cared too much, either. Essentially you're there applauding as they walk around, with half-hearted applause as they talk to their family and team-mates. That's not to say I wouldn't enjoy such a lap of honour if the team had a fantastic season, of course I would. If that makes me and the rest of us who left disloyal or on "space cakes" then so be it.

Guest Cujek
11 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

I don't think people are telling you what to do, if they are then i agree with you, they shouldn't.

But people have a right to voice their opinions on behaviour that goes against social norms. Whatever you do or think, leaving the football/any sport/cinema early clearly goes against social norms and will ensure people are bemused by what you're doing

**** other people then, just do what you want.

When ever this topic appears, I just wonder how ****ing sad you gotta be to care that someone else leaves a match when that person chooses to.

If you are one of the people who judge others, **** you.

6 hours ago, Guy said:

I have the sense to park a 10 minutes walk away before kick off near Victoria Park, no problems getting out of Leicester/Knighton area for me and heading back to Northants to my folks. Have been doing that for most of the past few years. If people can't afford the time to get to the ground before whatever time KO by parking a mile or so away then fair enough but I guess a lot of people have forgotten they've got legs?

I think it's more to do with how long it takes to get out the ground, that's what I've picked up on over the years and is the reason I leave in the closing minutes. Parking and the traffic are also an issue but as you say, learn where it's not as bad and park there. I park on Hinckley Rd which is a fair walk but usually the traffic isnt anywhere near as bad then getting back home.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

“People have a right to voice opinions on behaviour that goes against social norms”

Like leaving a football match early, or leaving the cinema if the film was tat.

Brilliant that, love it. 

Can i I ask you a question, looking to get a new car, which one should I get to fit in with the crowd? Don’t want to get one that doesn’t fit in with everybody. Genuine question.

This discussion has been has numerous times on here

In summary

• leaving "early" happens at all stadiums
  • some people leave early for a variety of reasons
  • some people don't like to leave early
  • if you are going to leave early, then FFS just leave and don't hang around blocking gangways and exits so those who don't want to leave early can see

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

This discussion has been has numerous times on here

In summary

• leaving "early" happens at all stadiums
  • some people leave early for a variety of reasons
  • some people don't like to leave early
  • if you are going to leave early, then FFS just leave and don't hang around blocking gangways and exits so those who don't want to leave early can see

Can we just copy this in for everytime this thread pops up