Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fox in notts

Fans leaving early

13 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

I don't think people are telling you what to do, if they are then i agree with you, they shouldn't.

But people have a right to voice their opinions on behaviour that goes against social norms. Whatever you do or think, leaving the football/any sport/cinema early clearly goes against social norms and will ensure people are bemused by what you're doing

And who exactly sets these " social norms "  Personally, I've never been that desperate to fit in. Basing your behaviour on what others might or might not think is pretty lame.

Edited by Bunyip
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

And who exactly sets these " social norms "  Personally, I've never been that desperate to fit in. Basing your behaviour on what others might or might not think is pretty lame.

I think what he means is being considerate, and not anti-social. Those that make to leave but then hang around, get in the way and block exits are being the opposite of that.

2 hours ago, Bunyip said:

Errrm society?! Who says anything about having to fit in? If you're not fitting in people question you. I don't like Game of Thrones or Harry Potter. Obviously people are amazed when i say that, they aren't telling me to like the two things, just wondering why i don't. Read what i've written and reply to what i've actually said, not what you think or hope i've said.

Being annoyed when people question your decisions is pretty lame, get over it, why are you justifying yourself on here if you are so cutting edge and free spirited

2 hours ago, Rob1742 said:

“People have a right to voice opinions on behaviour that goes against social norms”

Like leaving a football match early, or leaving the cinema if the film was tat.

Brilliant that, love it. 

Can i I ask you a question, looking to get a new car, which one should I get to fit in with the crowd? Don’t want to get one that doesn’t fit in with everybody. Genuine question.

What on earth are you talking about? Have you read what i've written or just replied to something that will fit your agenda? Who is is telling you what to do? I've literally said in my comment that if people are telling what to do that is wrong. 

Can i ask you a question. Why are you bothered about what people think of your decisions and feel the need to justify yourself on a football forum? Genuine question

On 09/03/2019 at 18:53, fox in notts said:

Much better today from the lads. So why do people leave so early.3/1 up ground should be jumping but 10 minutes to go it started and I mean start. At the final whistle half empty  ground. Rogers came on the pitch to applaud the fans. Most had gone. Shocking support. Shows him we are a small club. Plastic fans only there for the prem. Don't bother if you cannot see the game to the end. Muppets

Not just us, Seems to be everywhere. Take a look at last 10-15 mins of man city v Watford, ManCity winning the game , top of league, going for title and theres more blue seats visable than spectators.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Guy said:

Well Alan Shearer said it best towards the end of last season on MOTD following our defeat at home to West Ham, a team with everything to play for (survival) versus us who were only going to finish one place higher at best had we won....."Leicester fans must have very short memories"  - in reference to the ground being 90% empty when the players were doing their last lap of honour at the KP for the season. Spot on in reference to the majority of fans of the team that did the unthinkable and the best thing ever in football just two seasons earlier. Sometimes that Prem title win really has been a subsequent curse!   

I'm still wandering what most of the 'leave early' LCFC fans are on at times re their expectation levels, space cakes perhaps?!

That West Ham game has been misrepresented. The lap happened well after the final whistle, it wasn't the final home game of the season and it was a dreadful result and performance.

It doesn't get mentioned that after the final home game against Arsenal, where we had a much better performance and result, many fans stayed behind to clap the players and give them a send-off.

It wasn't entitled fans throwing toys out of prams, it was normal fans annoyed at a crap display.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

What on earth are you talking about? Have you read what i've written or just replied to something that will fit your agenda? Who is is telling you what to do? I've literally said in my comment that if people are telling what to do that is wrong. 

Can i ask you a question. Why are you bothered about what people think of your decisions and feel the need to justify yourself on a football forum? Genuine question

Go on, tell me what car to buy to fit in with the social norms you talk about? You didn’t answer.

In answer to your question / s . I am not bothered, hence why I come and go when I like. 

2 hours ago, Rob1742 said:

Go on, tell me what car to buy to fit in with the social norms you talk about? You didn’t answer.

In answer to your question / s . I am not bothered, hence why I come and go when I like. 

A quick one, so you can 'miss all the traffic' when you creep out of the KP when the clock hits 80 mins!!!

But seriously, hope you don't read any reviews, tips, magazines, take cars out for a test drive, check the registration docs, mot history, logbook and ask the seller questions before you buy a car. You don't want to fit in with society now do you? Don't let anyone tell you what to do! you're a free spirit, lighter than air, you laugh at norms and processes

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, oxford blue said:

I can understand why some may need to leave early. I struggle to understand why fans choose to miss the end of the first half to avoid queues to buy refreshments. Perhaps someone could explain?

It's the same case scenario as going early at the end. There are big screens in the concourse showing the match as it happens so they can watch the last few minutes while queuing for a pie and a pint. Get rid of those screens before the halftime whistle and before the full-time whistle and you will soon have them back in their seats.

2 minutes ago, deejdeej said:

Watford would still beat us in 90+ mins at their place.

Ah yes but that was slipped in fa rules by Elton John after he was invited to perform at one their famous raucously drunk Christmas do’s a few years back.

Playing time rule 19.1

The end of the match shall be signalled by 3 sharp blows of the whistle by the match official. However in matches between Watford and Leicester the end shall be signalled by a Watford injury time goal.

Apparently Engelbert used to bully him back in the sixties.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

A quick one, so you can 'miss all the traffic' when you creep out of the KP when the clock hits 80 mins!!!

But seriously, hope you don't read any reviews, tips, magazines, take cars out for a test drive, check the registration docs, mot history, logbook and ask the seller questions before you buy a car. You don't want to fit in with society now do you? Don't let anyone tell you what to do! you're a free spirit, lighter than air, you laugh at norms and processes

Social norms haha

On 11/03/2019 at 17:45, Corky said:

That West Ham game has been misrepresented. The lap happened well after the final whistle, it wasn't the final home game of the season and it was a dreadful result and performance.

It doesn't get mentioned that after the final home game against Arsenal, where we had a much better performance and result, many fans stayed behind to clap the players and give them a send-off.

It wasn't entitled fans throwing toys out of prams, it was normal fans annoyed at a crap display.

Yes, I appreciate that it was the Arsenal game that was our last one at home last season, capped with our first win over them since 1994 into the bargain with a much better display than against the previous Londoners! - although I wasn't sure if the West Ham game final lap of honour was as long after the final whistle until you just said : but even at the time as the last lap it was still surprising to see the ground mostly deserted, even if MOTD put their spin on it by only showing their footage late on......

On 09/03/2019 at 18:53, fox in notts said:

Much better today from the lads. So why do people leave so early.3/1 up ground should be jumping but 10 minutes to go it started and I mean start. At the final whistle half empty  ground. Rogers came on the pitch to applaud the fans. Most had gone. Shocking support. Shows him we are a small club. Plastic fans only there for the prem. Don't bother if you cannot see the game to the end. Muppets

season ticket holder of over 40 years. i'm not a plastic and ill leave when i want. if it annoys you, mores the better. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

I spent most of my working life trying to understand human behaviour. Impossible. Folk do what they do. Sometimes they do the exact opposite of what any sane person would do. Some, of course, are insane! A fair proportion, when asked, don't even know why they've done what they've done!

58 minutes ago, ftfagos said:

I spent most of my working life trying to understand human behaviour. Impossible. Folk do what they do. Sometimes they do the exact opposite of what any sane person would do. Some, of course, are insane! A fair proportion, when asked, don't even know why they've done what they've done!

Some would argue, continuing to go and watch your football team however horrific they are is insanity in itself ?