Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fox in notts

Fans leaving early

34 minutes ago, nettle said:

I wouldn't worry about it mate that's modern football unfortunately there's plenty of plastics at Leicester now.

There’s always been games where people have left early nothing to do with modern football.

5 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

Stadium parking fans have to leave 15 mins early otherwise they can’t leave until 45 mins after the match, it may have something to do with that, but I don’t know lol 

And demographics - when I first went probably 80% of fans lived in the city.

Hardly anyone went by car.

Now it's different. More affluent. More county-based, a bit more entitled. 

Football mirrors society. The urban working-class are still around, but not so many go to the match.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stoopid said:

And demographics - when I first went probably 80% of fans lived in the city.

Hardly anyone went by car.

Now it's different. More affluent. More county-based, a bit more entitled. 

Football mirrors society. The urban working-class are still around, but not so many go to the match.

People used to leave to retrieve their bikes parked down peoples entry in the local terraced houses when I first went. :P

• Like 2

Had some absolute donkey brained tool behind me today. 

Moaned about everything, even when we scored he moaned that we didn’t pass the right places, stupid twat was unhappy even though Vardy just passed it into the back of the fecking net.

When we passed round the back and started a move forwards he shooted BOOT IT FORWARDS, we almost scored from that period of play lol 

Not saying there’s a correlation :ph34r: but he left on 80 minutes. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, nettle said:

Well I can't remember many leaving filbert street early when stood in the kop??

Depends on your definition of many plus it’s much easier now to see that people have left rather than when everyone is in a proper standing terrace.

My bigger gripe is the amount of people filming the match. The odd clip when you are not annoying someone is fine but I've lost count of the amount of corners/free kicks/penalties I've had to watch through some pric k's phone just because it was in the way of me and the action on the pitch ffs.

Not talking about today as I wasnt there, more so in general really.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Why as a person with mobility issues like myself and many many others, stay right to the end, so we can wait endlessly on the stairs, getting knocked about, which is not good for me as I would probably have a fall, just to watch the dying minutes of a match, I can walk down 5 minutes early and watch on a screen.

These threads do my head in, there are many reasons people leave early, even post puel, during the title winning season, what’s it matter, as long as the don’t stand at the bottom off the stairs obstructing peoples views

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, davieG said:

Depends on your definition of many plus it’s much easier now to see that people have left rather than when everyone is in a proper standing terrace.

I honestly don't think many left early years ago I believe it's how modern supporters are now they go for the food, merchandise etc the whole experience of the day. I'm only going on my own experience and years ago it was just about the football kids could go on the pitch at the end get autographs shake the players hands etc.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, fox in notts said:

Much better today from the lads. So why do people leave so early.3/1 up ground should be jumping but 10 minutes to go it started and I mean start. At the final whistle half empty  ground. Rogers came on the pitch to applaud the fans. Most had gone. Shocking support. Shows him we are a small club. Plastic fans only there for the prem. Don't bother if you cannot see the game to the end. Muppets

As others have said, then there are the few who have maybe parked illegally and so are panicking to get back to their cars to minimize risk of getting ticketed so leave early when they think the game is done and dusted, as well as those who genuinely have to catch the train but it is definitely an increasingly modern day phenomenon sadly - even if it still happened at times back in the 80s. Your description of a 'half empty' ground in the closing stages when 3-1 up under a great new manager is rather worrying though. Maybe the majority of those fans are still disappointed we're not 10 points clear at the top?! As you alluded to, muppets if so! I've never once left a game early in 35 years of going to various games, although have never had an emergencies to encounter....

• Like 2

lol theres an old lady who sits near us and she has a right strop on if you try to get past her in a reasonable amount of time. Proper thunderous temper. 

Me and the old man have never left early even if we are losing badly. Always stay to the end. Except for the cardiff game when that goal went in near enough in injury time.

She screamed and said "CALL YOURSELF LOYAL SUPPORTERS!!!???" lol

Absolutely mental.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, davieG said:

People used to leave to retrieve their bikes parked down peoples entry in the local terraced houses when I first went. :P

Yeah - we lived near the ground and my brother ( who didn't like football) tried to charge people a tanner to leave their bikes in our yard.

When my Mam found out she clobbered him for being a grabbing bleeder!

1 hour ago, fox in notts said:

New around here don't thing so. Been following city for 43 years. I stick to my guns shocking plastic fans

He means in terms of how long you’ve been signed up to foxes talk,

just some advice,as much as it’s a forum where we all have an opinion,

do you best to not be an arse with your posts or responses,

just some constructive advice

Fox in notts? Why do you live in notts? Plastic fan. Actually i dont care why you live in notts, and you dont have to explain yourself to me, just like i dont have to explain to you why its none of your business why i leave my seat early, watch the rest of the game on big screen, and decide that my sons first swimming gala is more important to me than whether brendan gets to see me while he claps.

Ps. Just in case you decide to try to validate me for todays reasons, i do this every home game, just have a better excuse this time and genuinely don't care how you feel about it.?

Edited by gw_leics772