Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fox in notts

Fans leaving early

32 minutes ago, kyleolly said:

I usually sit in the family stand but today I sat in the kop and was amazed to the amount of people who left early felt sorry for Brendan going round applauding the fans when half of um had left 

I left at full time and didnt see him doing that. If i had known he would then fair enough id have stayed a bit longer but not desperate too. Just get up and walk to the exits as usual so most people probably doing same thing?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, smr said:

I left at full time and didnt see him doing that. If i had known he would then fair enough id have stayed a bit longer but not desperate too. Just get up and walk to the exits as usual so most people probably doing same thing?

It was like we were 3-1 down the amount of fans that left,fair play to the lads in the corner of sk1/ union fs they sang throughout (don’t usually hear it from the family stand)

1 hour ago, lifted*fox said:

I literally don't know why some people bother going to the football.

turn up 10 mins late, go for a pie on 30 minutes, come back on 55 minutes, leave on 80 minutes.

spend the few precious minutes they're actually looking at the pitch moaning and bitching and booing with their miserable faces. 

stay at home ffs and stop ruining other people's entertainment. 

The bloke next to me did exactly this today. But I don't mind because it means I can do a bit of manspreading.

2 hours ago, fox in notts said:

Much better today from the lads. So why do people leave so early.3/1 up ground should be jumping but 10 minutes to go it started and I mean start. At the final whistle half empty  ground. Rogers came on the pitch to applaud the fans. Most had gone. Shocking support. Shows him we are a small club. Plastic fans only there for the prem. Don't bother if you cannot see the game to the end. Muppets

The traffic is crazy at moment after games , try understand that most people have to travel to games 

1 hour ago, Stoopid said:

And demographics - when I first went probably 80% of fans lived in the city.

Hardly anyone went by car.

Now it's different. More affluent. More county-based, a bit more entitled. 

Football mirrors society. The urban working-class are still around, but not so many go to the match.

I think your making a good point , but sneering a little at the affluent fans who can afford to live in the countryside ? 

Most of the urban working class types are the ones shoving pints down their necks in the symphony rooms and then rushing to make KO ☺️?

From what I can see the family stand empties way before the West stand (where the afffluent sit) and that’s because with kids the crowds at full time can get a bit scary after games especially as many are walking through the away fans with cops and heavy security around. 

so I think Your point is interesting but wrong as  the west stand is very well populated at full time and they are the so called “entitled” “affluent” fans 

hope the chip on your shoulder clears up ?

32 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

I think your making a good point , but sneering a little at the affluent fans who can afford to live in the countryside ? 

Most of the urban working class types are the ones shoving pints down their necks in the symphony rooms and then rushing to make KO ☺️?

From what I can see the family stand empties way before the West stand (where the afffluent sit) and that’s because with kids the crowds at full time can get a bit scary after games especially as many are walking through the away fans with cops and heavy security around. 

so I think Your point is interesting but wrong as  the west stand is very well populated at full time and they are the so called “entitled” “affluent” fans 

hope the chip on your shoulder clears up ?

Nice of you to be concerned.

Don't think my point depends on which side of the ground empties quickest though.

It's about football fans in general. It's a different crowd now than when I first went.

Though admittedly that was a long, long time ago...

• Like 1

I think it should be like tennis rules. Once the game has started you are only allowed to enter/leave the stands during a break in play, either a substitution, injury or medical emergency (dodgy pie giving you the shits for example). 

It's not fair to keep blocking peoples view and interrupting their enjoyment of the game just because people cant go 45 minutes without grabbing food, a drink, the toilet or can't arrive on time. 

Edited by Durnerz
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, fox in notts said:

Much better today from the lads. So why do people leave so early.3/1 up ground should be jumping but 10 minutes to go it started and I mean start. At the final whistle half empty  ground. Rogers came on the pitch to applaud the fans. Most had gone. Shocking support. Shows him we are a small club. Plastic fans only there for the prem. Don't bother if you cannot see the game to the end. Muppets

Some people don’t want to be sat in long traffic after the game. Get over it.

Thing that pisses me off is people that will happily leave their seat 10 minutes before but will stand right at the entrance to the stand, blocking the way out and stairs.

If you’re leaving early, fvck off and go not hang about blocking the way.

• Like 3

I’m getting seriously annoyed by it now. embarassing that our new manager come see onto the pitch to applaud and 30% have long since disappeared. That said, it took me an hour to legit out the car park so maybe I’m the embarrassing one!

7 hours ago, Itsthejoeker said:

“I pay for my ticket so can do what I like”

And that is a true story !!

There are no rules attached to the ticket purchase and as we see at Arsenal the game is sold out but the stadium is only half full. Getting there early and staying late doesn't make you a true fan and leaving early doesn't make you plastic.

Personally I'm cheap and want full value for my money so always stay to the end.

Edited by gurru991
correction
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, gw_leics772 said:

Fox in notts? Why do you live in notts? Plastic fan. Actually i dont care why you live in notts, and you dont have to explain yourself to me, just like i dont have to explain to you why its none of your business why i leave my seat early, watch the rest of the game on big screen, and decide that my sons first swimming gala is more important to me than whether brendan gets to see me while he claps.

Ps. Just in case you decide to try to validate me for todays reasons, i do this every home game, just have a better excuse this time and genuinely don't care how you feel about it.?

Lighten up mate we finally won a game 

5 hours ago, gw_leics772 said:

Fox in notts? Why do you live in notts? Plastic fan. Actually i dont care why you live in notts, and you dont have to explain yourself to me, just like i dont have to explain to you why its none of your business why i leave my seat early, watch the rest of the game on big screen, and decide that my sons first swimming gala is more important to me than whether brendan gets to see me while he claps.

Ps. Just in case you decide to try to validate me for todays reasons, i do this every home game, just have a better excuse this time and genuinely don't care how you feel about it.?

it could be worse, he could be from cov.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, kyleolly said:

It was like we were 3-1 down the amount of fans that left,fair play to the lads in the corner of sk1/ union fs they sang throughout (don’t usually hear it from the family stand)

you still couldn't, I don't know how the people around them don't join in; not enough of them

4 hours ago, buzzer_b said:

Thing that pisses me off is people that will happily leave their seat 10 minutes before but will stand right at the entrance to the stand, blocking the way out and stairs.

If you’re leaving early, fvck off and go not hang about blocking the way.

Where does it end,   bet the true fans stick around to the last staff leaves for the  night and shuts off the floodlights. Real city fans. None of this stay to clap the manager/players off then run home for a chippy and pint. How about you stick around with the groundsmen after the game fixing every blade of grass. Plastics.

On a side note i do agree. If you go fck off and go. If you stay, fcuk off and get out the gardening tools its going to be a long night!

Edited by Jattdogg

1 hour ago, gurru991 said:

And that is a true story !!

There are no rules attached to the ticket purchase and as we see at Arsenal the game is sold out but the stadium is only half full. Getting there early and staying late doesn't make you a true fan and leaving early doesn't make you plastic.

Personally I'm cheap and want full value for my money so always stay to the end.

Spot on .... I too fall into the I’ve paid my money give it to me ‘TIL the bitter end! ... but if some folk wish to leave early to suit their schedule/personal agenda then that’s fine, just don’t loiter and stand in front of those still watching until said bitter end!

Some areas of the ground are a nightmare to get out of at the end of the game. The back of the Kop takes ages to get out. The mix of not letting those in the lower part of the stand use the massive exits pitchside and people standing on the stairs to applaud doesn't help. It's a genuinely ridiculous situation. You'll look around you and every other section of the ground is flowing out easily whilst we're all clogged up still.

As a result I tend to saunter down in injury time unless the game is tense or on a knife-edge. Have missed one goal, only seeing it in the concourse, though as it was Zaha to make it 4-1 the other week I won't be crying about it.

I'm also opening a sweepstake on when the next ultra loyal fan starts a thread with this topic. I'll go for November when we've had a routine 3-0 win against Newcastle.

• Like 2