Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mr Weller

Europa League

Fancy us to get 8 points from our remaining games. 

Newcastle W

West Ham D 

Arsenal D

Man City L

Chelsea W

Still outsiders for it but it’s looking a hell of a lot healthier than a month or so ago

Edited by Goober

35 minutes ago, Goober said:

Fancy us to get 8 points from our remaining games. 

Newcastle W

West Ham D 

Arsenal D

Man City L

Chelsea W

Still outsiders for it but it’s looking a hell of a lot healthier than a month or so ago

Nah, lets keep it interesting at the top by getting points at the Etihad. 

I want 15 from these games! ? 

Newcastle (h) W

West Ham (a) W 

Arsenal (h) D

Man City (a) L - unless they have won the league by then, which might see them field a weaker starting XI

Chelsea (h) D

Eight points should be realistic.

But in the end, it all depends on how Wolves, West Ham, Watford and Everton perform over the same period of time.

The West Ham away game in particular should be very revealing.

Apologies if this has been asked, but if either Watford or Wolves both finish 7th and win the FA Cup, would that advance the 8th place team into the Europa League or is 7 teams the cap?

Edited by Deeg67

14 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Apologies if this has been asked, but if either Watford or Wolves both finish 7th and win the FA Cup, would that advance the 8th place team into the Europa League or is 7 teams the cap?

7 is the cap, we only get Europa League if we finish 7th and Man City win the FA Cup.

15 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Nope,

7th only qualifies for the Europa League if Man City win the FA Cup. Otherwise it’ll be 5th, 6th and the FA Cup winners 

2 hours ago, Nalis said:

Looking at the run ins I reckon Watford will get 7th.

I wouldn't rule out either winning the FA Cup too. Man City are going to have a draining schedule mentally over the next six weeks.

16 hours ago, KFS said:

You know what’s annoying? I just did a ‘who’d get into our squad’ on the 4 teams below us. 3 at max. 

Annoying we didn’t get Rogers sooner

Annoying we didn't get Tielemans sooner.

For me the qualifying rounds can be used instead of friendlies as part of pre season.

It's a competition that should take very much a back seat to the PL. I would like to see us play a team full of squad players as this gives them plenty of game time and if squad players aren't good enough to beat the third best team in Bulgaria or Belarus then they aren't worthy of being in the squad. 

I'd like to see us play a mostly second string whilst the first XI play in the league and hopefully are still in the competition at Christmas and then we can reevaluate our priorities. 

Our next two are entirely winnable. Win against Newcastle and we’re in the driving seat. Remember Watford and Wolves play each other in a few weeks time, a draw there blows it all wide open again. 

Arsenal and Man City are our toughest games left. 

17 hours ago, KFS said:

You know what’s annoying? I just did a ‘who’d get into our squad’ on the 4 teams below us. 3 at max. 

Annoying we didn’t get Rogers sooner

It's funny though because West Ham are below all of them and they have a handful of players that I'd take. Felipe Anderson for instance would walk straight into our team. 

Edited by BenTheFox
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

It's funny though because West Ham are below all of them and they have a handful of players that I'd take. Felipe Anderson for instance would walk straight into our team. 

Yeah they were the team with the most i’d take:

Anderson

Rice

Lanzini

I’d back us to finish 7th. Issue is the FA Cup for me. If wolves get through I fancy them in a straight shootout against a City side who might be post title celebration and pre champions league final. 

Pep is right theres a reason the Quad is supposed to be impossible lol 

On 03/04/2019 at 14:12, That_Dude said:

Ready means you have the squad depth to be able to sustain the marathon the Europa League implies without throwing away your league or Cup games. Which we don't have, we are just a bloated squad, full of dross we're still desperate to ship before even thinking about reinforcements. The financial reward isn't nearly as good as the CL without counting the countless lenghty travels to god knows where, which you don't have when playing in the CL. 

it's not lack of ambition, it's about getting the priorites right. You'll be one of the first to complain if we play a B-team the PL, or the Cup league which we have more chances to win, and which would lead us to the latter, just because there is a game against Vorskla Poltava a few days later.

It is a lack of ambition or at least a lack of vision. We have some great young players, an excellent manager and superb owners. The squad is not bloated with dross as you put it, there are a few who will move on but that’s normal. Players who leave us tend not to do so well-Kante was the exception-so they’ll think twice about moving on in the future.

If we’re not ready for the Europa league  who on earth is? How would we attract or keep players if we’re content with mid-table? Your plan would simply take us backwards. There’s only 2 gears in football, forward and reverse. If you’re not in one you’re definitely in the other.

Edited by Mr Weller
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, AjcW said:

I’d back us to finish 7th. Issue is the FA Cup for me. If wolves get through I fancy them in a straight shootout against a City side who might be post title celebration and pre champions league final. 

Pep is right theres a reason the Quad is supposed to be impossible lol 

Wolves do have Brighton on the 20th, Arsenal on the 24th and Watford on the 27th. We will need to make up three points and goal difference while we play Man City, Arsenal and Chelsea however.