Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mr Weller

Europa League

Europa league! 

Anyone interested, games on Thursday in some far flung club in the former Soviet states. 

Look what happened to Burnley, at the end of last season they were so excited and when they were playing the games in those countries they had enough. 

1 minute ago, Crispin LA said:

Europa league! 

Anyone interested, games on Thursday in some far flung club in the former Soviet states. 

Look what happened to Burnley, at the end of last season they were so excited and when they were playing the games in those countries they had enough. 

Err. Yes. Got to be in it, to win it.

Back door to our rightful place in the CL!

• Like 4

Man City need to win the FA cup.

And we need to make up a (probably) six point gap and goal difference.

Our fixtures are more challenging than Watford and West Ham's. And they're as difficult as Wolves'. Watford and Wolves' fixtures are more congested because of the FA Cup though.

Definitely possible and I would love for us to do it, but realistically we’d probably have to win 5 or 6 of our remaining 7 games, which is a tough ask given our last 3 fixtures. Particularly as Arsenal, Man City and Chelsea are all likely to have something to play for until the end this year. Either a title or top 4. 

Edited by rn9013

25 minutes ago, Lionheart10 said:

Not sure that Brendan needs the distraction of Europa Cup at this stage of his job. I'm sure he will want to concentrate on getting his squad sorted and playing his way.Look what it did to Everton & Burnley!

Be a complete contrast to last pre season that's for sure. 

I still think we was way short on games going into this season. 

• 2 weeks later...

After today there’s a realistic chance of 7th and it is most likely that will win a Europa League place. Next week we could be 3 points clear of Wolves by Sat evening though they’d be a game in hand.

This could be significant and help us keep Tielemans never mind give us a route into a new era and even the Champions League. Today felt like a new dawn.

7th has to be the aim, then fingers crossed Man City don’t run out of steam for the FA Cup with them chasing two other bigger prizes.

Between Wolves, Watford, West Ham, Everton and ourselves it’s anyones.

We need to win our next three and hope we can get something from those tough looking last three while Watford and Wolves  get preoccupied with the cup.

1 hour ago, Aus Fox said:

7th has to be the aim, then fingers crossed Man City don’t run out of steam for the FA Cup with them chasing two other bigger prizes.

Between Wolves, Watford, West Ham, Everton and ourselves it’s anyones.

We need to win our next three and hope we can get something from those tough looking last three while Watford and Wolves  get preoccupied with the cup.

So, in basic terms, we need then to win the FA Cup if we do finish 7th beforehand - to qualify?

Edited by Wymeswold fox

This is starting to look back on the cards after 3 good wins on the bounce. What a difference not conceding stupid injury time goals to drop both the point at Wolves and the point at Watford would've made though. We're reliant on City to win the cup of course but it'll be exciting to see if we can give it a decent go.

5 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Anyone know what would happen if:

The Premier League finishes

Liverpool

Man City

Spurs

Arsenal

Man Utd

Chelsea

Leicester

and 

Man Utd win the Champions League

and Chelsea win the Europa League?

UEFA only allows a maximum of 5 teams per nation to enter the champions league. In this scenario Liverpool, Man City, Spurs and Man Utd enter the champions league and also Chelsea (I think they get priority over Arsenal). Only 2 teams would play in the Europa League so probably Arsenal and us

Edited by RutlanderFox

The race for 7th will be interesting. Wolves, Watford and ourselves each have 3 games against teams in the top 6 so I think it's going to come down to getting points against those teams. Wolves have been very good at that this year so I can see them being the main threat when it comes to that. 

What we do have going for us is that Wolves and Watford play each other in a couple of weeks so something's got to give there. 

53 minutes ago, sdb said:

What's the financial side of Europa look like? I'd love to watch us in Europe again but the squad would need strengthening to cope with the frankly awful Thursday, Sunday schedule.

16 million pounds if you win the whole thing, and that's total prize money along the way, not the winning pot.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Foxy_Bear said:

The race for 7th will be interesting. Wolves, Watford and ourselves each have 3 games against teams in the top 6 so I think it's going to come down to getting points against those teams. Wolves have been very good at that this year so I can see them being the main threat when it comes to that. 

What we do have going for us is that Wolves and Watford play each other in a couple of weeks so something's got to give there. 

As do Everton, to be fair to them. 

• Like 1