Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcnsk

Moussa Marega

http://sportwitness.co.uk/leicester-city-west-ham-old-love-striker-impressing-cl-keen-signing/

Leicester City and West Ham with ‘old love’ for striker, impressing in CL, both keen on signing

It’s been a while since these rumours disappeared, but Porto striker Moussa Marega is back being linked to Premier League clubs this week.

With the player showing some great form in the Champions League, newspaper Correio da Manhã says English and Italian sides are interested in signing him.

There are only two clubs who are named in the story, and that’s Leicester City and West Ham United. Correio da Manhã says both Premier League sides have some ‘old love’ for the 27-year-old.

The recent noise about the player is because of his great form in the Champions League, where he has six goals in seven appearances, with even UEFA highlighting his achievement of scoring in six consecutive matches.

Capturar-30-283x300.pngMarega has recently renewed his contract with Porto, but his release clause, which is of €40m, doesn’t seem like too big for either Leicester City or West Ham.

The player has a total of 17 goals and 10 assists in 34 appearances for Porto this season, and could be leading the club to a consecutive league title.

57 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

In with the "not a real rumour unless Everton are interested too" joke.

No longer necessary - Everton appear to have given us and the Hammers carte Blanche to engage in a two horse race on all these baseless and totally fabricated rumours 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I guess no one watched him last week against Roma. He worked so hard. Ran the channels. Got a goal. I actually think he'd be great in a two with Vardy. 

Yeah he's a decent player. For his age and fee I think we should pass but he could do a good job for somone midtable with ambitions to move up.

Raul for Wolves is on loan from Portugal and been pretty good here as a comparison. 

7 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

A lot, I imagine, are "easy" assists, like Vardy's to Tielemans last game. In a league like Portugals its not hard. He could do it but I'm very sceptical.

That's still not a bad assist though. It's taken a good run from Vardy in the first place to get into that position.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Another from the poor Portuguese league, aged 27yrs so little scope for resale value,  similarish age to Slimani and Silva who, if they had have been any good, would have been snapped up well before nearing their sell by dates. Unless he's really really cheap, as an old 'Who' song went 'don't get fooled again'!

1 hour ago, volpeazzurro said:

Another from the poor Portuguese league, aged 27yrs so little scope for resale value,  similarish age to Slimani and Silva who, if they had have been any good, would have been snapped up well before nearing their sell by dates. Unless he's really really cheap, as an old 'Who' song went 'don't get fooled again'!

Hopefully, Elvis in Scouting will not 'rush in' to BR's office with You Tube Video.

Edited by mozartfox
  • Haha 1