Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Harry Maguire

John Stones went for 50 mil in 2016. That's almost 4 years ago. 60+ mil is not an unreasonable number. If Maguire wants to leave and the number is right then he's gone. Indentured servitude has been over for a while now and he's not going to be giving up any more 100,000+ a week pay packets. Sorry.

7 hours ago, SO1 said:

John Stones went for 50 mil in 2016. That's almost 4 years ago. 60+ mil is not an unreasonable number. If Maguire wants to leave and the number is right then he's gone. Indentured servitude has been over for a while now and he's not going to be giving up any more 100,000+ a week pay packets. Sorry.

This is of course is right but players also have to remember that it's not all about them. Maguire, Marhez and others are completely happy to commit to what is a huge wage and a good career move for them at the time of signing a deal but, at the sniff of something better,  with some of them, any sense of decency and loyalty flies out of the window fuelled by greed and ambition. The latter is perfectly understandable in as much as any footballer would surely want to play at the highest level they can and after all, to them it's a job. Sometimes it's just the way they try and go about it, oblivious to other parties and their rights and position in this situation (see selfish boy Marhez). Maguire in fairness seems to be handling things in a decent way whatever the truth and speculation. He does however have to realise and expect that our owners are quite rightly have the right to refuse or at least hang on for absolute top dollar. If their attitude is to just treat it as a job then they in turn have to accept to just being treated like a commodity or investment. 

4 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

This is of course is right but players also have to remember that it's not all about them. Maguire, Marhez and others are completely happy to commit to what is a huge wage and a good career move for them at the time of signing a deal but, at the sniff of something better,  with some of them, any sense of decency and loyalty flies out of the window fuelled by greed and ambition. The latter is perfectly understandable in as much as any footballer would surely want to play at the highest level they can and after all, to them it's a job. Sometimes it's just the way they try and go about it, oblivious to other parties and their rights and position in this situation (see selfish boy Marhez). Maguire in fairness seems to be handling things in a decent way whatever the truth and speculation. He does however have to realise and expect that our owners are quite rightly have the right to refuse or at least hang on for absolute top dollar. If their attitude is to just treat it as a job then they in turn have to accept to just being treated like a commodity or investment. 

Sorry. I'm as negative as they come when dealing with employer relations. Harry has 11 yrs barring injury to make hay. He's given us a year to work it out and unless United's playing extreme low ball he will leave. Lets leave the honor and fairness for public relations. The lawyers and agents are at work now.

23 hours ago, st albans fox said:

with respect to your opinion …………….

as many have said, we shouldn't be selling our best players. if you are clever, then you sell those below the top level for a big fee and keep the ones at the top happy. however, this is the real world and if a player wants to go then as long as we get an obscene amount of money for them then we likely have to sell - i wouldn't allow both to leave in the same season though. if maguire has been promised a move for the right price then he should take precedence over chillys request

If you can replace them with equally as good or even better (under the radar) then it would be acceptable to sell the likes of Chilwell and Maguire. I get what your saying though.

5 hours ago, SO1 said:

Sorry. I'm as negative as they come when dealing with employer relations. Harry has 11 yrs barring injury to make hay. He's given us a year to work it out and unless United's playing extreme low ball he will leave. Lets leave the honor and fairness for public relations. The lawyers and agents are at work now.

It's not about honour and fairness I agree, what I mean is it's about business  and it works two ways. Maguire was happy to move and except the lucrative package and I suppose in fairness we've been a good platform for his talent. I would also accept his motives for leaving which would be very understandable. But, that's his business ambitoons and he also has to accept it's the club's business as well so, if United don't offer the top dollar that our owners think right then tough titty Harry, it's a business and works two ways. Petulance shouldn't come into it now as he signed a 5yr deal, though there may have been behind the scenes agreements. In fairness he does seem a level headed sort of bloke.

9 hours ago, LestaAl said:

Everyone has a fair value and if a big club comes for him with an appropriate sized cheque then I am happy for him to go.....

In BR we trust.

I don't trust them. 

1. Their trains are never on time. 

2. Overcrowded. 

3. Feeble excuses for cancellations like leaves on the line! 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, sm1 said:

Given the amount of CBs we brought last summer,  I think we've  already

made preparations for Maguire leaving. Any decent offer and he'll be gone,  and good luck to him (whatever he does). 

Of course but if we manage to talk him into another season (or buying club won’t meet our valuation) then we would easily loan out caglar 

21 hours ago, SO1 said:

'us'???

I know I'm being churlish but aren't you a Brendan fanboy rather than a Leicester fan? ;)

4 hours ago, Ted Maul said:

I wouldn't be totally against the sale of Maguire, providing:

- The fee is astronomical (£65m+)

- We don't sell Chilwell, or any other first team player

- We make our own statements of intent in the transfer market (Tielemans & a quality winger)

We don't want to fall into the same trap Southampton did- they were in a better state than we currently are a couple of years ago and ballsed it all up by selling too many and buying on the cheap.

Spot on.

6 hours ago, Ted Maul said:

I wouldn't be totally against the sale of Maguire, providing:

- The fee is astronomical (£65m+)

- We don't sell Chilwell, or any other first team player

- We make our own statements of intent in the transfer market (Tielemans & a quality winger)

We don't want to fall into the same trap Southampton did- they were in a better state than we currently are a couple of years ago and ballsed it all up by selling too many and buying on the cheap.

Exactly this. We wouldnt want to waste this money on another load of rubbish.

However, I trust that Rodgers would make good signings.