Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

Guest Markyblue

They know the price,  if they want him surely they would get him now. Unless they think we will fold nearer the deadline or harry puts in a transfer request.

35 minutes ago, srbfox said:

It’s all pretty clear to me. United must pay the £80m or he will be a Leicester player next season. I can’t understand why United can’t get that round their heads! 

Because it's what you do..Barter!! Negotiate!!  It's Business,and after spending 90 mil for Pogba,very wise to question 75-85 mill for Harry!!!

The frustration is only the fans side!!!

Harry just might be thinking (descision)

"A good toss to lose"

He has most likely had a raise,he will remain an English International,he is still playing for a club with great potential and future ,not a top player with a struggling club ,he has made that step up....

and he Likes the deers at Braggie park.

Now his WAG might have other ideas,but he has next summer to ponder!!

I would suggest the fact he played at all last night means a serious bid is a long way off.  No way we play a player who could go for that sort of money and risk injury if things were as progressed as the press would have you believe.  The fact he did play shows he is more than likely to be ours by the end of the transfer market unless Man U or City come up with the 80 mil.

I’m increasingly getting the impression without Champions League football and their existing wage liabilities, the budget is dry at Man U. 

They need to sell and that’s probably been the biggest surprise with their transfer dealings. They haven’t lose any of their deadwood players 

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

Interesting. After las nights friendly, Brendan was asked about replacements, quote from Beeb - so maybe sticking with what we have is premature

Asked by Sky Sports News about potential replacements should Maguire leave, Rodgers added: "The club have been very good. If we lose him, we'd have a number of targets we'd look at."

Mangala available for free from Man City.

2 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I’m increasingly getting the impression without Champions League football and their existing wage liabilities, the budget is dry at Man U. 

They need to sell and that’s probably been the biggest surprise with their transfer dealings. They haven’t lose any of their deadwood players 

No chance. Their turnover is colossal. It is however fair to say that their footballing aspect is deteriotating, but their brand remains very strong.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

No chance. Their turnover is colossal. It is however fair to say that their footballing aspect is deteriotating, but their brand remains very strong.

Thinking more liquid cash. Judging from what Rodgers said, they have tried lowballing us twice 

6 hours ago, WigstonWanderer said:

It would also depend on the wage, but if valued at 15m surely just to provide cover for injuries it wouldn’t be a bad deal? What do people find so bad about him? Obviously Maguire is better, but an experienced England international. Just don’t want to shell out 45m for a CB that we probably don’t need at all.

I’d take Smalling despite him being older. Not sure why everyone has convinced themselves all their CB’s are awful. They have finished above us all but once and continued to win trophies despite being awfully managed from the top.

Evans wasn’t wanted there but we all seem pretty happy with him. They are all under the microscope there and any mistake doesn’t go under the radar like those of our players.

You also end up paying less to Hull, you get yourself a great position to wangle them to cover a huge chuck of his wages and a player who knows the league in and out. Described by Vardy I think as the hardest CB to play against not so long ago.

• Like 4

Just now, mikey54 said:

Why has he stuck a strawberry on his chin?

Footballers eh? :dry:

Edited by Dahnsouff

10 hours ago, STUHILL said:

So Rob Dorsett talking shite earlier then as BR saying here that "there's going to be targets in mind if Harry moves on" 

Doesn't necessarily mean those targets are direct replacements though, could mean that it increases our available budget to look at a higher tier target for strengthening in other positions, who knows. 

Just now, nwl fox said:

Doesn't necessarily mean those targets are direct replacements though, could mean that it increases our available budget to look at a higher tier target for strengthening in other positions, who knows. 

As I said earlier, that is a stretch to be honest. I think we would all like the rumours of Dunk/Tarkwoski for £40-50m not to be true, but listening to BR's interview again, I'm very sure he is alluding to targets to replace Harry. Hopefully these targets are better value though than the rumoured ones. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I’d take Smalling despite him being older. Not sure why everyone has convinced themselves all their CB’s are awful. They have finished above us all but once and continued to win trophies despite being awfully managed from the top.

Evans wasn’t wanted there but we all seem pretty happy with him. They are all under the microscope there and any mistake doesn’t go under the radar like those of our players.

You also end up paying less to Hull, you get yourself a great position to wangle them to cover a huge chuck of his wages and a player who knows the league in and out. Described by Vardy I think as the hardest CB to play against not so long ago.

Under Mourinho for the most part they were very good defensively but we know that Jose is pragmatic. I think with Evans we have the experienced and calming influence who is comfortable on the ball without being too adventurous and just gets the job done at all costs. He is the lynchpin to partner the modern ball playing Soyuncu/Benkovic/Maguire etc. Smallng is a solid player, equally comfortable on the ball as Evans but not what you'd call classy. Would we need to bring someone like that in if Maguire went given we already have Evans? If we had to take one of their defenders it would be Eric Bailly, he is quick and that is one attribute Maguire won't have in this life or the next.

What struck me about Harry last night, was how he brings the ball out defence unlike any other player we currently possess. Caglar being the most relatable type player for such things, but his consistency is lacking compared to Harry in this regard.

Certinaly not Evans or Morgan. Benkovic, need more evidence to comment. Harry would sure be a miss in that regard.

Edited by Dahnsouff

35 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

As I said earlier, that is a stretch to be honest. I think we would all like the rumours of Dunk/Tarkwoski for £40-50m not to be true, but listening to BR's interview again, I'm very sure he is alluding to targets to replace Harry. Hopefully these targets are better value though than the rumoured ones. 

Even if we were not going to buy a new CB to replace Maguire, Roger's would say we need to: It's a negotiating position. If we say we have to plunk down 45-50 million to replace Maguire, then we have basically not made a profit on the sale when factoring in sell-ons and original outlay. This means Harry's agent and the Man teams have less of a push to lower the asking price.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

What struck me about Harry last night, was how he brings the ball out defence unlike any other player we currently possess. Caglar being the most relatable type player for such things, but his consistency is lacking compared to Harry in this regard.

Certinaly not Evans or Morgan. Benkovic, need more evidence to comment. Harry would sure be a miss in that regard.

It is obviously a huge talent of his but i'm confident Soyuncu would thrive at this in time. What might be instantly clear though if Maguire goes, Ndidi's position in the team might be under threat. It already appears we want the midfield anchor to be much better on the ball and it will be even more crucial if we don't have Maguire's ability to take the ball forward and stretch play.