Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

What might be instantly clear though if Maguire goes, Ndidi's position in the team might be under threat. It already appears we want the midfield anchor to be much better on the ball and it will be even more crucial if we don't have Maguire's ability to take the ball forward and stretch play.

And Mendy/Hamza will have the rest of the pre-season, and possibly the first couple of games, to claim that spot.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

I think with a little more experience Soyuncu will become one of the best in the PL at bringing the ball out of the back. He showed flashes of brilliance at it last year.

I’m confident we don’t need a replacement for Maguire, I really hope Brendan gives Caglar the opportunity to step up. Cash in and spend the money on a top class winger - Carrasco would be nice but I’d imagine he’s on obscene wages. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, JJS84 said:

not really sure it relevant to any thread, but this one seems the busiest, the owners chopper just flew over blaby towards the training ground.

They have a new chopper? I'd of thought Top would be staying well clear of them after what happened last year. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fox_in_a_Box said:

They have a new chopper? I'd of thought Top would be staying well clear of them after what happened last year. 

i always thought they had a pair, same paint job, and make/model. it was very low.

Just now, Fox_in_a_Box said:

Ah I wasn't aware of this. Just assumed they only had one. 

I may be wrong, but i thought id seen a photo with both in. i'm sure someone will have a definitive answer for us at somepoint.

1 minute ago, JJS84 said:

I may be wrong, but i thought id seen a photo with both in. i'm sure someone will have a definitive answer for us at somepoint.

I believe they owned G-LCFC & G-VSKP (The one that crashed) 

Don't think G-LCFC has flown much since the other one crashed though. 

Edited by TheUltimateWinner
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

I believe they owned G-LCFC & G-VSKP (The one that crashed) 

Don't think G-LCFC has flown since the other one crashed though. 

It had flown a bit, mainly around where its based in london, I'm assuming for services etc. I'm surprised they'd use it for the club again though, especially as one the same make crashed about a week ago, sadly with no survivors.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

I think with a little more experience Soyuncu will become one of the best in the PL at bringing the ball out of the back. He showed flashes of brilliance at it last year.

Well he almost cost us a goal by attempting to do it last night.

His passing was mostly decent though and he dominated the air pretty well.

I'm still not sure I see him as a regular starter, but we'll see in the first few months of the season.

11 hours ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

A few Man United twitter news accounts saying that they will be offering cash + Phil Jones.

The contract better include a clause forcing FoxesTalk to merge the "Many Faces Of Andy King" thread.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

If the offer is actually £60m + Phil Jones we should just walk away and tell them no deal in any case. What a joke.

If they're offering us £60m to take Phil Jones off their hands how much are they actually going to pay for Maguire? :ph34r:

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

If the offer is actually £60m + Phil Jones we should just walk away and tell them no deal in any case. What a joke.

I'd take £75m + Jones personally. We'd owe Hull less of a cut and pick up a decent squad player in the process. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Last night he again showed those flashes. There was a bit during the first half we he performed a turn on our own by line and then hit a wonderful cross field to Mendy to play our way out of trouble.

It is also worth noting there was also a moment where a Scunthorpe player came in hard for the challenge, got the ball and left him down and then we were in trouble defensively. To be honest, this was also quite Maguire-esque as I think in general ball playing centre backs inevitably get into situations like that as it's part of their game. 

But basically I fully agree with you. With a steady run of games, I am sure the number of errors he would make would decrease, and he already has that calmness and ability to play his way out of trouble. The perfect Maguire replacement, and we already have him. 

5 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Well he almost cost us a goal by attempting to do it last night.

His passing was mostly decent though and he dominated the air pretty well.

I'm still not sure I see him as a regular starter, but we'll see in the first few months of the season.

is true. Maguire also has a mistake in him.

All CBs do.

Bailly and £65m.

• Like 1

Are utd fvcking stupid?

So reports on news now saying they will offer us cash and Jones for harry. I see us falling for that. 

Yes we'll take your shite you want to replace for our quality CB lollollol fvcking idiots

3 minutes ago, ROB-THE-BLUE said:

I'd take £75m + Jones personally. We'd owe Hull less of a cut and pick up a decent squad player in the process. 

Jones will have a value in the deal. So we will still pay hull the full amount

In terms of adding players to the deal, would rather have Smalling, then Bailly, then Jones - but only if they pay a large chunk of the wages and build a new instensive care unit on site at the KP :thumbup:

6 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Jones will have a value in the deal. So we will still pay hull the full amount

That’s pretty much how it will be structured unless the Hull negotiators are retarded . If we get the target fee of £80mill odd I certainly wouldn’t begrudge passing some of Man Us money to Hull