Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

Just now, Thecarrickfan said:

Phil Jones is on the bench. 

Any ideas if there is any truth in the cash + Phil Jones for Harry nonsense?

Bloke on Aussie TV just said Lakaku pulled out of the United squad tonight and will sign for Inter Milan soon.

This could inject some funds into United to raise their bid.

Everyone on the panel saying United should go all out for Maguire and he could do for them what Van Dyke did for Liverpool

Guest Markyblue
2 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Bloke on Aussie TV just said Lakaku pulled out of the United squad tonight and will sign for Inter Milan soon.

Everyone on the panel saying United should go all out for Maguire and he could do for them what Van Dyke did for Liverpool

He might do if they sign 6 other players as well.

35 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

The only way that could happen would be if Maguire and Van Dijk got together and, for a joke, decided to mutually undergo extensive plastic surgery in order to assume each other's appearance, and then swap places.

Edited by ClaphamFox
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

The only way that could happen would be if Maguire and Van Dyke got together and, for a joke, decided to mutually undergo extensive plastic surgery in order to assume each other's appearance, and then swap places.

Harry’s will need to take a detour on the way to Old Trafford and change his name from Maguire to Van Dijk. 

Edited by Leeds Fox

1 minute ago, RowlattsFox said:

Jones was pretty decent at one point, could he be good again outside of Man United, much like Evans has? Maybe but I wouldn't want to take the risk given how much wages he would cost.

We'd force them to pay most of them, the deal would need to be very good for us to accept it... they are paying about £1m a week total to Rashford, De Gea and Sanchez, I don't think wages concern them lol

1 hour ago, lestajigs said:

There would be only 1 good reason for us to sign jones, im afraid  not his football abilities though, but a thread on here “the many faces of phil jones” 

7E1F5070-A9A7-49D9-AA44-C0207B7A353A.jpeg

This is what he will look like in 5 years

20190717_074953.jpg

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Thecarrickfan said:

Bailly is injured.

Not good - what happened?

Reading "The Caf", both Bailly and Rojo getting a lot of hate :nono:

Edited by Dahnsouff

1 hour ago, henrik_62 said:

Jones is a travesty of a defender, Leicester, or indeed any premier league club would be off their head to accept Jones as a makeweight in any deal.

I disagree..He has been a good PL

B.line player.IMO deserved his chance

at international level.but just not quite good enough..Until his niggling injuries

a good player,who wasnt scared to be

on the ball.and could play about.

Unfortunately those injuries took their toll on a consistent Manutd career,coinciding with the decline of that

Squad...I wouldn't want him now.Nor Smalling...for similar reasons.

I am happy to stay with what we have even if Maguire goes..!! But the management will decide...!!

I ain't going to worry about it...!!

I for one wouldn't be dead against Phil Jones, but like others have said Man U will have to pay a lot of his wages.

Like many other players, he was once a real talent who has gone to Man U who are proving to be the graveyard for decent players careers and just gone stagnant.

If he could get back on track and cut down on the gurns, I think he could be a really decent signing and a good partner for Evans.

• Haha 1

I’ll put my tin hat on before I say this, but I’d accept £75m + Marcos Rojo!

Rojo is a horrible player, but he’s entertaining if nothing else, and i kinda like him. He’s Happy to sit on the bench, can be used across the back line, plenty of experience, a few international caps and still in his twenties. Must be horrible to play against. Stick him in the left centre back position for cups, and watch the fireworks. Also, if you have him on the bench as defensive cover, CB and LB, it frees up another spot in the 7 for another attack minded player, which we have a few of. 

I appreciate he’s a walking red card, but as I say, it’s entertaining, and that’s ultimately what footy is all about 

• Haha 1