Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

2 hours ago, sylofox said:

Jones will have a value in the deal. So we will still pay hull the full amount

Jones value to us is negative 20m so Hull won't get so much.

2 hours ago, desertfox2 said:

Sounds like Martial may go surely we should be all over that if possible instead of Jones. It would be Way less money for Maguire but then less we would have to give Hull and we get the Wide left player it looks like we need and if god forbid Vardy gets injured he can play central. 

I like this idea but Martial wouldn't want play for Leicester and his salary too high. However many Manchester players are not wanted by Ole. Who could we want and take?

2 hours ago, ROB-THE-BLUE said:

I'd take £75m + Jones personally. We'd owe Hull less of a cut and pick up a decent squad player in the process. 

Pretty sure it doesn't work like that.

For example we couldn't just swap Maguire for Lukaku and expect Hull to get nothing. It would go to some sort of arbitration to decide the value of the player and then Hull would get their percentage still. 

56 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

The only way that could happen would be if Maguire and Van Dijk got together and, for a joke, decided to mutually undergo extensive plastic surgery in order to assume each other's appearance, and then swap places.

VVD would need a superb sense of humour to voluntarily want to look like HM ?

3 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

I’ll put my tin hat on before I say this, but I’d accept £75m + Marcos Rojo!

Rojo is a horrible player, but he’s entertaining if nothing else, and i kinda like him. He’s Happy to sit on the bench, can be used across the back line, plenty of experience, a few international caps and still in his twenties. Must be horrible to play against. Stick him in the left centre back position for cups, and watch the fireworks. Also, if you have him on the bench as defensive cover, CB and LB, it frees up another spot in the 7 for another attack minded player, which we have a few of. 

I appreciate he’s a walking red card, but as I say, it’s entertaining, and that’s ultimately what footy is all about 

Happy to sit on the bench at Man U collecting upwards of £100k per week.

He also goes through periods of lunging in 2 footed and evading referees - with VAR coming in and him not being with United anymore he isn't getting away with it anymore.

He's technically alright, has a fighting spirit and is just above average as a defender but you've got to expect more

10 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Pretty sure it doesn't work like that.

For example we couldn't just swap Maguire for Lukaku and expect Hull to get nothing. It would go to some sort of arbitration to decide the value of the player and then Hull would get their percentage still. 

Did you ever see the transfer years ago where Monaco got round something like this?  Not advocating this or anything it just popped into my head, iirc it was when they signed James Roudriguez and Joao Moutinho from Porto for some silly combined fee.  Anyway, can't remember which one it was but one of them had a chunky sell on clause and the official fee for said player was £100k or something and the other player officially cost 50 odd million or something as a way to circumvent the sell on lol!

21 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

I’ll put my tin hat on before I say this, but I’d accept £75m + Marcos Rojo!

Rojo is a horrible player, but he’s entertaining if nothing else, and i kinda like him. He’s Happy to sit on the bench, can be used across the back line, plenty of experience, a few international caps and still in his twenties. Must be horrible to play against. Stick him in the left centre back position for cups, and watch the fireworks. Also, if you have him on the bench as defensive cover, CB and LB, it frees up another spot in the 7 for another attack minded player, which we have a few of. 

I appreciate he’s a walking red card, but as I say, it’s entertaining, and that’s ultimately what footy is all about 

If he played for anyone else in PL, apart from a major club, he’d have been sent off a record number of times by now. 

Edited by TrentFox

Cash only please.  No useless make-weights.  We have enough deadwood as it is without expanding the Forest with more sick trees.    This endless rumors are truly scary  - Dunk, Townsend and now Jones. These are bottom 6 signings. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lestajigs said:

There would be only 1 good reason for us to sign jones, im afraid  not his football abilities though, but a thread on here “the many faces of phil jones” 

7E1F5070-A9A7-49D9-AA44-C0207B7A353A.jpeg

Funnily enough, that's my actual reaction to the thought of us signing Phil Jones

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

Did you ever see the transfer years ago where Monaco got round something like this?  Not advocating this or anything it just popped into my head, iirc it was when they signed James Roudriguez and Joao Moutinho from Porto for some silly combined fee.  Anyway, can't remember which one it was but one of them had a chunky sell on clause and the official fee for said player was £100k or something and the other player officially cost 50 odd million or something as a way to circumvent the sell on lol!

You mean like we did with man u for Drinky and james. But im prety sure rules dont allow it now. So jones has to have a realistic value. Plus his signing on  fee would be affected if we under valued him.

2 minutes ago, sylofox said:

You mean like we did with man u for Drinky and james. But im prety sure rules dont allow it now. So jones has to have a realistic value. Plus his signing on  fee would be affected if we under valued him.

Never realised you guys did something similar, as said wasn't advocating the story just popped into my head when it was suggested.

25 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

I'm fairly certain we've done the exact same thing ourselves. Matty James/Ritchie De Laet signed at the same time from Man Utd for £2m combined, iirc, but RDL had a clause from his time at Stoke or something similar so rather than a £1m/£1m split it was something daft like £1k / £1.999m.

Edit: Took way too long posting and was beaten to it haha. But it was definitely James/RDL, not Drinkwater.

Edited by Xen
  • Like 1

Phil jones was the great white hope of england when he went to utd. He massively under achieved. Roy keane said he needed to man up... every time he say him he was on a stretcher.... and indeed he is injury prone.  He is crap.  He is a liability. He would take up a spot in our squad that could be filled by a football player.

It's a no from me.

Edited by foxinsocks
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

Never realised you guys did something similar, as said wasn't advocating the story just popped into my head when it was suggested.

Its fine i know you was not having a dig at us

21 minutes ago, OntarioFox said:

JONES JUST SCORED FOR THE FIRST TIME SINCE 2014, HE'S ON FIRE :nigel:

Give Man Utd. a Wispa and £5 and gerrimin.

He’s on Fire?  It will go out by itself very quickly.