Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

7 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

Surely we’d say no to Phil Jones being part of the deal? 

Depending on how much it knocked off the fee, it might not be a terrible idea. If they saw him as a £15m player, meaning we get £65-70m plus Jones (that could be way out but IF), we would have a very capable CB for cover allowing us to play Benkovic or Soyoncu. Without spending £45m on Dunk. Plenty of money to play around with for a top midfielder and/or winger. 

I’m not saying I’d like to make this deal, but it’s not the worst we could do.

Edited by Leeds Fox
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

Depending on how much it knocked off the fee, it might not be a terrible idea. If they saw him as a £15m player, meaning we get £65-70m plus Jones (that could be way out but IF), we would have a very capable CB for cover allowing us to play Benkovic or Soyoncu. Without spending £45m on Dunk. Plenty of money to play around with for a top midfielder and/or winger. 

Wouldn't touch Jones with a barge pole. Absolutely horrendous player, and United would be delighted if we took him off their hands as they're struggling to move him on. Also believe he's on a pretty decent wage at United so would be far too expensive to just be a squad player. Personally if Maguire was to go I'd want as much as possible so we can pursue other options, as there are a lot of decent CB's who we could realistically attract. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

A few Man United twitter news accounts saying that they will be offering cash + Phil Jones.

This has nothing to do with the Maguire deal though.

Ed Woodward is basically just cold calling clubs, with a bag full of cash in one arm, and Phil Jones in the other.

2 hours ago, Leeds Fox said:

It would also depend on the wage, but if valued at 15m surely just to provide cover for injuries it wouldn’t be a bad deal? What do people find so bad about him? Obviously Maguire is better, but an experienced England international. Just don’t want to shell out 45m for a CB that we probably don’t need at all.

• Like 1

Last night showed what Harry brings, his ability to carry the ball out of defence is very important. Did see signs that with time, that this is something Caglar can do though, but not Evans.

Interesting. After las nights friendly, Brendan was asked about replacements, quote from Beeb - so maybe sticking with what we have is premature

Asked by Sky Sports News about potential replacements should Maguire leave, Rodgers added: "The club have been very good. If we lose him, we'd have a number of targets we'd look at."

Two things - we wouldn’t take on Phil jones’ salary commitment....

just as we would have to pay up when silva moves on, so would yanited with Jones

secondly, him playing last night simply told yanited that they are quite a way short of our valuation and we aren’t ‘playing games’ .... I believe that they are in a position where they cannot afford not to buy him now.  Cannot see him being here by the end of next week. 

1 hour ago, srbfox said:

It’s all pretty clear to me. United must pay the £80m or he will be a Leicester player next season. I can’t understand why United can’t get that round their heads! 

This quote from Rodgers last night was revealing:

“Of course, he has attracted interest with two bids coming in but they nowhere near meet the valuation of the club.”

So the bids haven’t even come close. Given Solskjaer’s comments about Man Utd not overpaying for players, this clearly suggests that unless they panic at the last minute and cave in to our valuation, Maguire stays. 

Edited by ClaphamFox

7 hours ago, Leeds Fox said:

facepalm-head.jpg

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

This quote from Rodgers last night was revealing:

“Of course, he has attracted interest with two bids coming in but they nowhere near meet the valuation of the club.”

So the bids haven’t even come close. Given Solskjaer’s comments about Man Utd not overpaying for players, this clearly suggests that unless they panic at the last minute and cave in to our valuation, Maguire stays. 

Rogers also said that last minute bids won't be considered, we won't be left panicking and spunking £45 million on Dunk.  Rogers played a blinder last night. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Lesta Legend said:

Rogers also said that last minute bids won't be considered, we won't be left panicking and spunking £45 million on Dunk.  Rogers played a blinder last night. 

Yes, was delighted to hear him say that a timeline for bids to be entertained exists :thumbup: