Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

2 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Can we offer them Slimani?  

The rate Mashley is shipping out players, we should offer them Slim, Nacho, Diabate, Silva and a packet of ready salted to seal the deal quick sharp.

It looks to me as if no club will meet valuation, oherwise I think something would have been done by now. That's good news as wedon't have to pay inflated prices for Dunk etc (and I guess the story about Jones- who does not fit the profile of a player we would want - is just filling column inches in the press).  If we keep Maguire for next season, it will be suffucient time to know if Soyuncu/Benkovic will be able to replace him.

4 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

Phil jones was the great white hope of england when he went to utd. He massively under achieved. Roy keane said he needed to man up... every time he say him he was on a stretcher.... and indeed he is injury prone.  He is crap.  He is a liability. He would take up a spot in our squad that could be filled by a football player.

It's a no from me.

It's not so many years ago he was first choice for England. In midfield. IN MIDFIELD!!

I couldn't understand at the time, a shocking midfield, surely we had someone better? Dark, dark days.

1 hour ago, oxford blue said:

It looks to me as if no club will meet valuation, oherwise I think something would have been done by now. That's good news as wedon't have to pay inflated prices for Dunk etc (and I guess the story about Jones- who does not fit the profile of a player we would want - is just filling column inches in the press).  If we keep Maguire for next season, it will be suffucient time to know if Soyuncu/Benkovic will be able to replace him.

If a bid comes in matching our evaluation i think it will be a last minute deal, simply to prevent a counter-bid coming in from Man City as there won't be enough time. 

25 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

If a bid comes in matching our evaluation i think it will be a last minute deal, simply to prevent a counter-bid coming in from Man City as there won't be enough time. 

I don´t think we will accept a last minute deal even if the price is met. We have our own plans for the season and the side and these would be disrupted if a last minute transfer takes place. If they want him meet the price now - or maybe it will be next year - but by then who would leave the champions for Utd? :)

Edited by TheStig
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, TheStig said:

I don´t think we will accept a last minute deal even if the price is meat. We have our own plans for the season and the side and these would be disrupted if a last minute transfer takes place. If they want him meet the price now - or maybe it will be next year - but by then who would leave the champions for Utd? :)

You can get a lot of steaks for £75 million though.

16 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Rodgers on radio this morning saying there was a cut off date after which we wouldn't be interested.

I suppose if we were offered 100 million up front that could change.