Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

Has he left yet? 175 pages in it should be a done deal by now?

I still recon Gunner will be gone by January. Their end of year form was crap so unless that changes for Manchester United from the offset any player going in will need to factor in a managerial change in a few months as a very real prospect with all that could entail with becoming an out of favour seat shiner.

I'd rather we sell our best players to other leagues or lower English leagues than to the the 'big boys' in the same division. That just weakens us relative to them. There is no way Liverpool would allow their top players to depart this summer for a Manchester destination.

4 minutes ago, Bazly said:

I still recon Gunner will be gone by January. Their end of year form was crap so unless that changes for Manchester United from the offset any player going in will need to factor in a managerial change in a few months as a very real prospect with all that could entail with becoming an out of favour seat shiner.

I'd rather we sell our best players to other leagues or lower English leagues than to the the 'big boys' in the same division. That just weakens us relative to them. There is no way Liverpool would allow their top players to depart this summer for a Manchester destination.

Sell out best players to lower English leagues?

Hmmm...There might be a flaw in that plan... lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

You are missing the point. He is nearly 28 and isn't anything special. For £45m its mystifying and unnecessary. There are many players who get relegated who go on to be superstars but 28 year old defenders playing their trade in the lower leagues for the majority of their careers aren't value for money at £45m. It's that simple. 

Yes £45m is a joke, £12-20m at best and that is probably high.

4 minutes ago, Bazly said:

I reckon if a clubs forum reaches 160 pages..on transfer topics and nothing reached...Transfer deals should be cancelled..!!!.:yesyes:

30 minutes ago, Dorkingfox said:

Yes £45m is a joke, £12-20m at best and that is probably high.

Behave.

We would be very disingenious if we expect 80-90m for Harry, who is an important player for us, and whom we do not want to sell, but then expect Brighton to sell their own important player AND captain for a trivial fee.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, lcfcfan97 said:

John Percy (very credible Midlands Journo for the Telegraph) has said this:

"Caglar Soyuncu, a Turkey international signed for £19million from Freiburg last year, is highly rated inside the club while Filip Benkovic played for Rodgers on loan at Celtic last year. Reports of a move for Brighton’s Lewis Dunk or Burnley’s James Tarkowski are said to be premature."

"United are reluctant to pay a fee which will be higher than the £75million Liverpool paid Southampton for Virgil van Dijk in January last year and it is understood the two clubs are still some way from agreeing a deal. Leicester want between £80m and £90m and have made that clear during negotiations.

Manchester City have also baulked at Leicester’s demands, and Maguire is now facing an anxious wait before the transfer deadline on August 8.

Leicester, however, have assured the 26 year old they will not stand in his way if either of the two clubs pay the fee required. Talks are understood to have been amicable and Leicester do not anticipate any mutiny from Maguire, who is a popular member of the dressing room."

I suspect this is pretty close to the actual truth, if not spot on.

The gutter rags just like to make up stories.

9 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Behave.

We would be very disingenious if we expect 80-90m for Harry, who is an important player for us, and whom we do not want to sell, but then expect Brighton to sell their own important player AND captain for a trivial fee.

Keep seeing this. Nobody is saying that. It really is the same situation. Harry worth 80 to us - then Brighton can say dunk is worth 45 to them. Fair all day

thing is just because we get a team to overpay for one of our players doesn’t mean we have to go and do the same thing. I’ll be very disappointed if this ends up happening. With hull sell on fee and what we paid for Harry we’d essentially be trading maguire for dunk. That’s going backwards. 

Either bank the cash, move forward with the CB we have (and/or use to strengthen elsewhere), or find another CB that’s a value and not just vaporizing the good business we did with Harry

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Dunk really isn't the second coming and the price being quoted is staggering. If there's a real need for an upgrade ... then go elsewhere. 

Nice paraphrase of 1,000 or so posts in the Red Cafe Maguire thread.  Just change the name.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

I think  we need to keep him until january, his value will go nuclear when Utd are in 10th. 

It's not a bad idea. I won't be surprised to see them seriously struggle this season. They will probably buy someone else if we keep Maguire, though.

4 hours ago, murphy said:

I assumed that the Maguire fee had already been spent?

So far we've spent £80m.  Where does it come from?  I think that we have already banked on selling Maguire and in an ideal world, he would go next summer.  If not, I can't see how we are able to spend that £80m and satisfy FFP.

I'm sure we will have some extra cash considering if we sell Maguire that will cover everything we've spent so far. There is no way the club is daft enough to spend that amount of money hoping someone will stump up for Maguire or him staying fit to be sold. If we sell Maguire I imagine there will be funds available.

2 minutes ago, WarehamFox said:

He should question why some top players are desperate to leave United. Then make a choice about happy environment (City) and money (United), I'm sure it will be toxic big club with big wages! :angry:

Not sure how happy it will be for him now we know he wants to fvck off ....

3 minutes ago, Thecarrickfan said:

I hope this gets done this week.

If it's going to be done, then I'm sure we'd all prefer it to be done soon. However, I get the impression that the two clubs are still far away from agreeing a price, so it could well drag on for a while yet. I don't expect our chairman to back down, so unless Man Utd significantly improve their offer, I don't think Maguire will be going anywhere.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, DANGEROUS TIGER said:

I understand it's a done deal if Harry passes his medical. Sixty million pounds, plus twenty million in add-ons, according to BBC.

That was last week's news.

This week's news is that last week's news is fake news.

I'd be quite disappointed if we don't use Soyoncu and/or Benikvic when/if Maguire leaves. I didn't think Soyoncu played bad at all in the few games he played for us. I'd rather give these two a go then spend 45 mill on an ok centre back. 

• Like 1