Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

2 hours ago, STUHILL said:

To be fair, Maguire starting is an indication that a deal is nowhere close. Leicester wouldn't risk and injury, just as well as the buying club wouldn't want to either.

I think it's smart by Leicester and just backs up what the club have been repeating since day 1. Don't need to sell and happy for him to stay if valuation not met. Simples! 

This was pretty much my thought although the cynical side of me wonders if we've played him to try and force united to cough up. We've pretty much shown that all the media nonsense was just horse shit and like you say, have proved a deal isnt close. The ball is now firmly in Uniteds court. They either cough up or piss off. 

Rodgers and the rest of the players will be in his ear now encouraging him to stay. One more year to show him that we can offer European football, if not than let him go. Would love us to accept a bid for him to turn around and say "nah" and stay for at least another season.

13 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Sounds like they have learned from the Adrien Silva debacle and given a deadline for the deal to happen as don't want to have to possibly rush if we want to get a replacement in

So Rob Dorsett talking shite earlier then as BR saying here that "there's going to be targets in mind if Harry moves on" 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, STUHILL said:

Thought that too but think that's a stretch tbh. More likely he meant to replace Maguire.

Maybe, even though I've done it to death that I don't think we should bring in a replacement I can see why Rodgers would be keen to prevent any problem should Benkovic then get injured and have only Wes, Evans and Soyuncu. The former two often get niggles too. 

I Just think though that monetary wise we have spent around £75m and if we'd like another central midfielder and a winger it'll likely depend on who we move on. Hopefully we get £10m for Silva and pick up another several million in fringe players like Diabate, King, Ghezzal, James, Jakupovic, Slimani etc but a net spend north of £100m is mega for us and selling Maguire could really allow us to push the boundaries in midfield and attack.

9 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

So Rob Dorsett talking shite earlier then as BR saying here that "there's going to be targets in mind if Harry moves on" 

I didn't think Soyuncu looked great tonight, maybe Rob spoke to BR before the match but now he's changed his mind

• Haha 2

Just now, splinterdream said:

I didn't think Soyuncu looked great tonight, maybe Rob spoke to BR before the match but now he's changed his mind

There's no way he changes his mind completely after 45 minutes of his first pre season game. 

• Like 1

On 15/07/2019 at 22:19, wokinghamfox said:

He hasnt actually put in a transfer request and surely that has to be his way forward if he wants to leave. So as I understand it.

1. No transfer request from Maguire

2. No increased bid from Man Utd

3. No word from LCFC.

Nothing is really happening at all other than the continued load of bull coming from the press. 

One of the conditions from the club to sell him surely has to be that he does the transfer request to make it formal, him leaving whilst collecting loyalty bonus at same time would be a joke.

• Like 1