Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

really getting tired of all this "negotiating" or in other words story telling and BS.  I know only too well that that in any business deal there is a certain amount of horse trading, but usually one side wants to buy and one wants to sell so its just a matter of the numbers. OK so this is a little more complicated as, one side does not really want to sell and there is a third party involved (the player). It seems that the third party is willing to go along with the terms set by the seller, ie LCFC, which are also pretty much in the public domain so why the haggling?  I have no problems with the buyer trying to sweeten the deal with add-ons, but surely they should be just that.  ie add-ons to the initial price to tempt us into actually taking the bait and agreeing to sell (which we don't really want to do but also have to consider the wishes of the player) not to try and defer stumping up the cash.  If United believe that they are in a strong position as preferred bidder, then they could be in for a shock if MCFC match any bid they put in. I don't think this will happen unless Utd actually meet the valuation, then they could be gazumped. It should be at this time that the so called add-ons are weighed up and not before.  If no-one meets the asking price by a declared cut-off date then the shop closes.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

Do not sell him to utd.

It will show that we have no way to hold on to our players

Disagree to a fashion.  Harry is an asset to the business but an expendable 1 

valued at 1/3 over what the market says he’s worth and if “big” clubs want to hit negative equity to purchase him it’s good business from us and poor business from them of which their stockholders will feel the pinch 

if you refuse to sell players that want to move despite other teams meeting the valuation we set no player of any class would want to come here to step up their career and potentially move on 

• Like 2

Just now, Thecarrickfan said:

We will in my opinion. 

I am sure you will eventually. its just all the playing about that is so frustrating and that counts for your sides fans too.  it should not be difficult. a)price is set. b) player seems happy with potential outcome c) Pay the price.  Simple deal done .

If don't fancy the deal then say thanks for the offer but not this time and we all carry on as before. Either way jobs a gud'un.

1 minute ago, crazies said:

valued at 1/3 over what the market says he’s worth and if “big” clubs want to hit negative equity to purchase him it’s good business from us and poor business from them of which their stockholders will feel the pinch 

if you refuse to sell players that want to move despite other teams meeting the valuation we set no player of any class would want to come here to step up their career and potentially move on 

100% agree.

The bit in bold is absolutely critical in my opinion.

We cannot offer the historical name/legacy/whatever-crap-you-want-to-call-it of the huge clubs, like the Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea, etc, etc

We cannot offer the highest wages

We cannot (currently) offer European football

But what we can, and do offer, is a strong defined route for talented youth to progress, get exposure to the 1st team football, AND if after all that they are worth a fortune, clubs want them, we will sell, at a cost of our choosing, but we do not stipulate that if you come to us, its a final destination, a cul-de-sac.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Christoph said:

I'd be quite disappointed if we don't use Soyoncu and/or Benikvic when/if Maguire leaves. I didn't think Soyoncu played bad at all in the few games he played for us. I'd rather give these two a go then spend 45 mill on an ok centre back. 

Yes agree, Soyoncu's last game was outstanding. He just made one near fatal error, but got away with it. So if he can cut out his fatal errors, he is a winner !

8 minutes ago, st martin said:

Yes agree, Soyoncu's last game was outstanding. He just made one near fatal error, but got away with it. So if he can cut out his fatal errors, he is a winner !

Shit!!!  Who died!! :ill:

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, crazies said:

Market worth ? England defender 26 with 4 years left on a 5 year deal, the only Market that matters is our valuation.

The days of us bending over for big clubs are long gone and holding all the aces is the main factor.

I can see Man U coughing up the asking price in next few days. 

The latest ploy was getting Maguire to make his intentions of moving known.

That hasn't made us budge and nothing will it seems. Pay the asking price and lets get it done.

11 minutes ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

Market worth ? England defender 26 with 4 years left on a 5 year deal, the only Market that matters is our valuation.

The days of us bending over for big clubs are long gone and holding all the aces is the main factor.

Out of all I said you only picked out market worth.  Jeez mate if you think harry is worth 85 mill you my friend are delusional !! Is dunk worth 43 mill ??? No they are BOTH priced over market worth as neither club wants to or needs to sell..

maybe read up on business studies a little selling for 1/3 over market worth is GOOD business   Same thing with mahrez 60 mill for a 500k investment and we held out until OUR valuation was met

wr are a stopgap club and we can only sell a player once so meet OUR valuation or jog on   Now that’s hardly bending over to big clubs is it ?

20 minutes ago, DANGEROUS TIGER said:

I understand it's a done deal if Harry passes his medical. Sixty million pounds, plus twenty million in add-ons, according to BBC.

Fook me, this was fake news about 2 days ago mate keep up. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, crazies said:

I agree with this... but i think we have to stop looking like a pushover.... for top 6 ..mmand for players agents. 

Maguire was given high wages based on him signing for n years.... yet now he allegedly wants out he is not offering to give any wages back.

Imo clubs should put third of wages into escrow to be paid at end of contract.. or upon a new contract. That would stop agents agitating 

Yea there are so many ways to do things   However IMO Harry as did mahrez expressed their desire to leave and all we can do (or any other club in this situation) is make as much money out the deal as possible 

at the end of the day every player is an asset (equity to the value of the club) and it’s good business to sell way above market valuation as you can only cash in once

with Harry having 4 years left it adds to the valuation as we all know so £85 mill is above market valuation IMO and it’s a “we don’t want or need to sell” price 

5 hours ago, Gerard said:

Some people are talking like having Dunk over Soyuncu or Benkovic is the difference between top four and mid table. 

I'll be gutted if we buy Dunk because that's also a statement about Soyuncu and Benkovic not being reliable or good enough now BR has assessed both players. Soyuncu is now 23 with some excellent assets of being quick, strong and good with the ball. I'd be buzzing if we signed a player of his pedigree  who has 24 caps for a good footballing nation like Turkey, 50 Bundesliga games under his belt and was named in a Bundesliga team of the season.

that's a very persuasive point of view

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, crazies said:

Out of all I said you only picked out market worth.  Jeez mate if you think harry is worth 85 mill you my friend are delusional !! Is dunk worth 43 mill ??? No they are BOTH priced over market worth as neither club wants to or needs to sell..

maybe read up on business studies a little selling for 1/3 over market worth is GOOD business   Same thing with mahrez 60 mill for a 500k investment and we held out until OUR valuation was met

wr are a stopgap club and we can only sell a player once so meet OUR valuation or jog on   Now that’s hardly bending over to big clubs is it ?

Where did I say he was worth £85 mil or Dunk was worth £45 mil.

Man Utd paid a ridiculous £50mil for AWB are loaded and desperate but that's the market forces. 

Who's saying we want too or have to sell ,like you pointed out btw, we're obviously holding out for the world record fee because we can and don't want too.

As for your snippy and unfounded business studies comment, I suggest you contemplate supply and demand and the crazy world that is football transfers.

Instead of pathetic personal jibes you might be better placed leaving the transfer dealings to Top and his qualified team of negotiators and not condoning selling our current no 1 asset on the cheap.

3 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Things currently in our favour:

1. We don’t want to sell and we don’t need the money. 
  2. The player isn’t forcing a move. 
  3. Man City claim not to want him as they like to pretend they’re not inflating the market by paying world record fees (instead they’ll buy 5 players a window at £50m each)
  4. Man Utd are way, way off on meeting our valuation and have spent weeks trying to structure a deal we just won’t accept. 
  5. Man Utd, despite their size, popularity and wealth, are in complete chaos with Ole Gunnar Shakespeare at the wheel, an untested manager with a mediocre squad, most of which they’re trying to get rid of. 
  6. We are very ambitious, have spent very well in the last two windows, have a quality young manager who shares our ambitions, and finally have the means to achieve them. 
  7. With Man Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal in absolute chaos, we CAN finish 4th this year. 
  8. Khun Top learnt from the best. We won’t be bullied and we won’t tolerate a player having the mardies. 
  9. We haven’t inflated the market. Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool and Man City have. We are strong enough to demand the fee we want and won’t sell for any less. 
  10. If he did leave, we don’t actually have to replace him. But with the newspapers desperate to sell him for us and pushing stories of us overpaying for a replacement, we can use that to our advantage.

Remember when Man City tried to bully us on the last day of the winter window in 2018? Vichai was demanding £90m then, but sold him for £60m 5 months later. We’ve got 3 weeks left of the window so I sincerely hope, considering all of the above points, that we add an extra £10m per week for the remainder of the window. 

Here here, fleece the feckers :appl:

Let's face it, not that many years ago,  Man City and Chelsea were far from being big clubs and that only changed with oligarch money!

We are progressing nicely and bowing down is never the way to reach our goals.

• Like 1