Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

6 hours ago, henrik_62 said:

Did you ever see the transfer years ago where Monaco got round something like this?  Not advocating this or anything it just popped into my head, iirc it was when they signed James Roudriguez and Joao Moutinho from Porto for some silly combined fee.  Anyway, can't remember which one it was but one of them had a chunky sell on clause and the official fee for said player was £100k or something and the other player officially cost 50 odd million or something as a way to circumvent the sell on lol!

I think Man Utd did the same thing when we bought De Laet and Matt James off them at the same time. I think De Laet had a sell-on clause that Stoke were due, but Man Utd valued him at next to nothing as part of a £2m deal, IIRC.

Edit: Just seen I was beaten to this more than once. It was De Laet and James. Nothing to do with Drinkwater. And it was Man Utd dodging paying a fee owed, not us.

Edited by Raw Dykes

5 minutes ago, reynard said:

Rodgers on radio this morning saying there was a cut off date after which we wouldn't be interested.

I suppose if we were offered 100 million up front that could change.

Got the impression listening to Dorset’s that he had done some more digging and that we may allow Harry to leave late on but we certainly wouldn’t buy a replacement at that stage cos we would be rinsed by the selling club 

Just now, reynard said:

Rodgers on radio this morning saying there was a cut off date after which we wouldn't be interested.

I suppose if we were offered 100 million up front that could change.

And I am sure that the relevant agents and interested clubs have been informed of this. It would be nice though if this was also made public knowledge so that we all knew where we stood. The media meltdown during the last 24 hours of such a deadline would be gold, although I am sure there would be headlines along the lines of "utd still hopeful of Maguire deal despite Leicester deadline" or some such.  I would willingly place a wager that they are that arrogant that they would think that we will be forced to drop the price if they let the deadline go by.  The media heat and stories of little Leicester blocking Harrys dream move would no doubt be everywhere when we told them to F**k off and do one.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, urban fox said:

And I am sure that the relevant agents and interested clubs have been informed of this. It would be nice though if this was also made public knowledge so that we all knew where we stood. The media meltdown during the last 24 hours of such a deadline would be gold, although I am sure there would be headlines along the lines of "utd still hopeful of Maguire deal despite Leicester deadline" or some such.  I would willingly place a wager that they are that arrogant that they would think that we will be forced to drop the price if they let the deadline go by.  The media heat and stories of little Leicester blocking Harrys dream move would no doubt be everywhere when we told them to F**k off and do one.

Agree. Can just hear Jim bloody White on Talk Sport Maguire to Man Utd we're all over this etc etc. Frankly if his agent is any good he should be persuading Man Utd to pay what we want. After all he would make even more money.

16 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Got the impression listening to Dorset’s that he had done some more digging and that we may allow Harry to leave late on but we certainly wouldn’t buy a replacement at that stage cos we would be rinsed by the selling club 

Fair enough. I only heard this quote this morning whilst driving. Money tends to talk at the end of the day.

2 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

I rate any manager that refuses to discuss another teams player in public/press conferences. 

I do too but with Guardiola, my mind immediately goes to all his Barca players tapping up Fabregas for over two years. He's got form. He dismissed the Maguire question just because Man City aren't interested in him.

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Usually found this to be a reliable account in the past but not sure who Alfredo Pedulla is or what his 'record' is.

Saw a comment that pedulla is considered to be ‘tier 1’ informative by yanited fans .... can’t think how he would know details of a domestic transfer unless there was an associated deal being done on the back of a maguire purchase (lindelof or Baily going to Italy? )

7 minutes ago, Danizen said:

I do too but with Guardiola, my mind immediately goes to all his Barca players tapping up Fabregas for over two years. He's got form. He dismissed the Maguire question just because Man City aren't interested in him.

I fully agree with you, he may not do it in his speeches but he does it in other shadey ways. 

Needs clamping down on tbh

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, z-layrex said:

I don't want him to go :cry:.

I think our actions yesterday have sharpened their attitude ...... whilst we wouldn’t want him to suffer an injury pre season, neither do they .......they really need to sign him to keep their fan base quiet ......

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Maguire 'loves the club'?

That's bullshit - wherever he moves to, he'll be kissing the badge before the ink is dry on his contract. We're his current employer, end of.

4 minutes ago, Buce said:

Maguire 'loves the club'?

That's bullshit - wherever he moves to, he'll be kissing the badge before the ink is dry on his contract. We're his current employer, end of.

That’s a tad cynical ....he won’t love the club like we do but I’m sure he has a lot of fondness for us. 

he he wants to play for Man City and win things or he wants to secure his family’s next fifty years + with a forty million quid contract from yanited 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Goober said:

Why can’t he love the club and want to better his life/career? 

I imagine he’s extremely thankful of the platform the club gave, how they’ve looked after him and has a genuine bond with a lot of the people here.

No reason at all why he can’t. I imagine a lot of the players we’ve sold look out for City’s results still (maybe a tad optimistic but I reckon so). All of the players we’ve had right the way back to the MON days have always said how fantastic the club is. 

• Like 1