Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

41 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Brendan talking ..   would strongly suggest to me that if he goes we will look to bring in someone else ...    ie Caglar and  Benko not, at this moment in time, the answer ...

61F6D8A0-C123-40A7-BFFC-B45235BFF99A.jpeg

But then his quotes to James Bourne on Tuesday suggested otherwise and we would only bring another in for the long term future.

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

But then his quotes to James Bourne on Tuesday suggested otherwise and we would only bring another in for the long term future.

No idea when this quote was made but is on the back of todays Mercury ...    mixed messages.

I wonder what we'd consider 'too late'. 3 weeks left of the window, it'd probably take half a week to bring someone new in (assuming we're making preparations already), which only leaves 2.5 weeks (with numerous preseason games and travelling in there disrupting any training). If we want to sign someone and get them up to speed and ready to play against Wolves then we're going to have to wrap it all up pretty swiftly.

Either that or Rodgers is putting pressure on Utd (especially with the 'two clubs bidding' comment) to make them panic and overpay so he has more to spend elsewhere.

Just now, Xen said:

I wonder what we'd consider 'too late'. 3 weeks left of the window, it'd probably take half a week to bring someone new in (assuming we're making preparations already), which only leaves 2.5 weeks (with numerous preseason games and travelling in there disrupting any training). If we want to sign someone and get them up to speed and ready to play against Wolves then we're going to have to wrap it all up pretty swiftly.

Either that or Rodgers is putting pressure on Utd (especially with the 'two clubs bidding' comment) to make them panic and overpay so he has more to spend elsewhere.

I'm sure that's a subtle way of telling the player and the other clubs, if you think you are going to low ball us at the end of the window and try and force it through, think again. 

6 minutes ago, Xen said:

As long as they've lined up targets and aware what's needed to get said player I imagine they could get a deal done quickly, Silva (albeit, fax machine and 14 seconds late saga) came within a couple of hours. I'm confident the club have it all in hand should they spring on up deadline day and snap up Harry.

I'd rather Maguire stays, but if he is to go I'd wish Utd stop messing about and get on it with... it's disruptive to our training schedule and not any good to anyone.

So Lineker and heskey (just two examples) didn’t love the club because they left?

harry will always be remembered in a positive light for us. Him and mahrez/drinky are worlds apart. He’s a professional young man who has handled this saga that has been ongoing since last summer extremely well. I’ll wish him all the best. We can’t blame him for wanting to win things or set his family up for life.

Edited by dooflip
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Man Utd us a massive club, will continue to be so for the next 10 years should they even finish 6-8th every season during that time.

Certain clubs are just huge, almost despite their on field antics. 

He doesn't love Leicester, he greatly appreciates what his time here has given him. To claim otherwise is just hyperbole and disingenous

Fans see things in a very binary way, you are either a) a fan, or b) a dick

Key Point (Dare I say fact..) Players are rarely fans.

:scarf:

It's not disingenuous, it's just a figure of speech.  For example, I might say that I love jaffa cakes.

I don't doubt he has genuine affection for the club and his team mates and maybe even the fans, that will endure beyond his playing days.

1 minute ago, Fox in the North said:

Can Sky like feck off? I wish the club could just issue click bait nonsense about sky sports!

Impartial my ar$e. They really are unable to cover football stories beyond 4-6 clubs :nono:

8 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

What's the point in this? 

Why are the spinning this to us holding Maguire back rather than simply United aren't paying his value. 

Got to pander to the big boys and make anyone not giving them what they want look bad

Edited by moore_94

1 minute ago, murphy said:

It's not disingenuous, it's just a figure of speech.  For example, I might say that I love jaffa cakes.

I don't doubt he has genuine affection for the club and his team mates and maybe even the fans, that will endure beyond his playing days.

You do raise a good point @murphy - specifically, but does your love for jaffa cakes reach dubious carnal desire?

(You are right of course, disungenuous was the incorrect word :thumbup: )

• Like 1

Just now, moore_94 said:

Jesus Christ; what part of "Pay the money and you can have him" is difficult for anyone to understand? 

If he's frustrated and wants out, hand in that transfer request and forfeit his loyalty payment.

• Like 1

MORE SKY BS, that doesn't make any sense.

BREAKING NEWS

Sky sources understand Harry Maguire would be honoured to play for Manchester United and follow in the footsteps of his heroes Nemanja Vidic and Rio Ferdinand.

We understand the England defender is frustrated at Leicester’s stance at the moment.

United are keen on bringing in a centre-back during this transfer window but Maguire is one of several options.

This is all to unsettle is ? 

They didn’t like it when we won it and upset the apple cart , disgusting really no quotes  ...

love our club ,do not bolt under the pressure..! 

They just want want us to turn on Harry and force the sale ? 

Which part art of world record don’t they understand? 

We we don’t need to sell !!!!

Edited by crisp packet