Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

2 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

funny enough I been awaiting admin approval for my registration for days, they dont seem keen on more of us going on there.

It really is a crap site TBH. Very restrictive. I have over 60 posts, 1 like, but I am newbie and make no more than 3 posts a day, all of which require approval from some kid in his bedroom. Also the formatting rules for posts are quite totalitarian.

Only reason to go on there is for a nose about and a wind up :thumbup:

7 hours ago, Tuna said:

Man United fans moaning about overpaying for players? They're the club that invented the concept.

They’ve always done it and they’ve always got an easy ride for doing it as well. They literally just overpaid for a player a few weeks ago.

The saving grace in all this, if Harry starts playing silly buggers with us, I can see Southgate binning him off from England.  The snotty FA will not want to see one of their role Models behaving like this.

21 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Still object to the phrase “Leicester’s bloated Premier League TV income”.

Another reason for the decline for clubs like Man U is that the huge sponsorship deals they used to get do not give them an edge anymore.

If they can pay £50 million for Wan Bissaka, why is Maguire (20 England caps, leading Premier League defender) not worth £80 million?

Theyve done this to themselves. 

Besides, I don’t think we’ve heard the last from Man City just yet...

Edited by car1os
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Not sure if mentioned earlier but talkSPORT were doing captains on yesterday’s drive program (not with Durham) and a yanited fan called in. Said they had no captains in the team.  He, rushden and gough decided that next season’s yanited captain should be maguire. Hardly a word that he isn’t their bloody player ............yet 

astonished at the disrespect 

Surprised Rushden would say that, he's usually very good and respectful. As for the captains and leaders comment, I think they're absolutely right... but don't think Maguire is much of a leader himself.

We've been blessed that actually our squad has a few leaders within the starting 11 and really do think that's what makes us so good. Teams like Arsenal, United and beginning to think Chelsea are starting to lack leaders... and it will hurt them massively.

22 minutes ago, buzzer_b said:

TalkSport this morning. Harry Maguire has ‘told’ Leicester he’s ready for the move the Utd, also he should ‘force the move’ and we are getting in his way lollollollol 

It's all nonsense, because if it were true then he would have handed in a transfer request.

TalkSport is just another Sky platform, the day BT bury Sky for televised football the better!

• Like 1

Anyone starting to suspect this is Mahrez Saga MK2 - in that he will stay this year and be allowed to leave next year at a slightly reduced price (say 70m) ?

Obviously without the airport lounge protestations and the knicker wetting.

9 hours ago, Leeds Fox said:

My favourite part is when he says we can afford to take a gamble on a youngster. Why can’t they take a gamble, like we did with Harry. 

And there is the crux of it all.

Why aren’t these big clubs doing their research, ground work and scouting, finding ‘gems’ - I’m not saying we found or made Maguire into what he is - he was fairly well known before he came here but we saw a ‘bargain’ for £17m, the potential he had and a decent investment.

If these ‘big, fantastic, super power, massive clubs’ did some digging to find such players they wouldn’t be in the position of this inflated transfer market, which I’ll say again, they caused.

We took the gamble on several players, it payed off several times, we want reward for that so pay the money.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, buzzer_b said:

TalkSport this morning. Harry Maguire has ‘told’ Leicester he’s ready for the move the Utd, also he should ‘force the move’ and we are getting in his way lollollollol 

This is all nonsense perpetuated by sky and Talkshite is just awful. I'm sure they wouldn't be as biased if United were selling Pogba. Would they be saying sell him he needs to develop his game, and let him leave at any price.

1 hour ago, mozartfox said:

The saving grace in all this, if Harry starts playing silly buggers with us, I can see Southgate binning him off from England.  The snotty FA will not want to see one of their role Models behaving like this.

No sign of that happening so far.

Guest Markyblue
6 minutes ago, Wortho said:

This is all nonsense perpetuated by sky and Talkshite is just awful. I'm sure they wouldn't be as biased if United were selling Pogba. Would they be saying sell him he needs to develop his game, and let him leave at any price.

Sky are only interested in the top 6 everyone else is an inconvenience or in cases like us a real irritation. Us winning the league was there worst nightmare and they will do everything they can to ensure we are kept in our place.