Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

5 minutes ago, MrSpaM said:

We could offer him that if we wanted to!

We could but what's the point.

Is he in the top 10 best defenders in the world? No

The only reason Utd want him is because he is currently 1 of 2 best england centre backs at this moment in time.

Realistically he is not worth more than 20m I generally think soyuncu and benkovic will be better than Maguire 

Edited by Fox85

1 minute ago, mozartfox said:

Not yet - but plenty of advice on this being given by so called pundits and ex- players. One numpty on Talkshite just said he has given his all to Leicester and we should not hold him back as we are just a stepping stone.

Fancy Harry is far too canny to be sucked in by such ill informed nonsense. What about what Leicester has done for Harry? This is a two-way street. With Leicester he got to perform week in/week out for a ambitious club, looking to push for European football, and more importantly he is now an England regular.

Edited by Dahnsouff
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

We could but what's the point.

Is he in the top 10 best defenders in the world? No

The only reason Utd want him is because he is currently 1 of 2 best england centre backs at this moment in time.

Realistically he is not worth more than 20m I generally think soyuncu and benkovic will be better than Maguire 

I understand that and agree to a certain extent

What I don't understand is why the press are basically demanding this transfer to happen, almost as if they simply can't accept that Man U may have a worse squad than Leicester next season. Why are they so invested in Man U's success and not ours. I find it bizarre

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

What amuses me about all this is the constant hypocrisy from the press, pundits and even players.

6 months ago we were vilified for daring to want better than what Puel was giving us with his dour football, pragmatic expectations and general disconnect with the fans. The media said we had no right to demand better. We press ahead anyway and get Rodgers and are applauded for such a coup. The same people instantly contradict themselves.

Now we are being talked about as the most exciting team outside the top 6 brimming with young English talent and a manager renown for getting the best out of young players and being a master in player progression. We start to sign some impressive talent to push for top 6 next season, we get Perez and Tielemans and fans of other clubs, the same media and pundits shower us with adulation and predict we are going for it and will be the dark horses of next season. Some even predict us being back in the top 4.

Maguire, whilst on international duty talks about how good Rodgers has been for the club and the ambition and excitement that is building. The squad he is part of is top drawer. 

Then, then Man Utd and Man City make bids for him. We don't want to sell so we set a huge price, very much like what a lot of minimum release clauses are in players contracts. It is designed to basically tell clubs to fcuk off. However, if they desperately want the player then you know the price and pay it. Now we are getting the same media, fans, pundits and said player moaning that we are unreasonable. That we should sell him for the going rate and let him join a club who most of the same media and pundits are ridiculing for being in disarray and that our club are set to finish better than them next season. 

Unbelievable. Make up your fcukin mind. It's actually astonishing. It's making me now want us to just refuse to sell, even if in the long run it's to the detriment of the value we get or benefit we get out of Maguire. Teach these slags a lesson. YOU JUST LOVE TO SEE IT.

Unlike some..we have to stand above it,ignore it..don't click on the trash..

Don't worry !! According to trash media we will soon have every Leicester player,bedding teammates WAGs!!

And because it fits some debauched fans agenda it will be turned into forum fact...oh yes fans also give in too easily to the cynicism and negative vibes...

As a group the fans w.wide are twats!!

So far ,thankfully this forum isn't biting,though some individuals are starting to bite....!!!

3 minutes ago, MrSpaM said:

I understand that and agree to a certain extent

What I don't understand is why the press are basically demanding this transfer to happen, almost as if they simply can't accept that Man U may have a worse squad than Leicester next season. Why are they so invested in Man U's success and not ours. I find it bizarre

Man United are the media darlings, always have been.

1 minute ago, Thecarrickfan said:

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer was asked about transfers in his press conference earlier, He didn't mention Harry Maguire, But he said that we're working on 1-2 cases. 

Bore me later. Zzzzzz

4 minutes ago, Thecarrickfan said:

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer was asked about transfers in his press conference earlier, He didn't mention Harry Maguire, But he said that we're working on 1-2 cases. 

... Of Red Wine for Fergie... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

I have said many times,majority of Players and agent deals run smoothly.

The odd one goes astray,then the media jump on it,then the fans create their own gossip...and fantasies.

It seems you have bitten and want to create negative gossip & Rumour,from

Deceitfull journalism and soap-style forum mentality..

Why even think it...it only helps to create

The Lies that stick for no reason!!

I have not bitten on anything and as for creating negative gossip ffs ???  I just made a personal comment. That's all. Simples.  Calm down. This will pan out eventually and there is nothing we can do about it.   Have a nice day

4 minutes ago, Thecarrickfan said:

I disagree, Sky were desperate for Liverpool to win the league last season, They were going overboard to be honest. 

A bit like they are desperate for Harry to join United. They'll be paying towards the transfer fee soon. The media are hugely biased towards the top teams as they make them the most money. Even when United are turd like they are at the moment, the media still cant get out their arse! 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, whoareyaaa said:

If I was Maguire I'd much rather prefer to play under Rodgers than Ole Gunnar Frodo, its a no brainer as they say.

Agree with your point but there will always be more prestige in playing for Man Utd rather than us, despite the fact it looks like they’ll be plenty of exciting times ahead for us.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

If I was Maguire I'd much rather prefer to play under Rodgers than Ole Gunnar Frodo, its a no brainer as they say.

If he does go, it wont be because of OGS or because of winning trophies. Its simply to make his bank balance bigger! 

From Charlie Adam himself... cant stand the bloke.

former Liverpool and Stoke midfielder Charlie Adam believes Maguire should be more active in pursuing an exit from the King Power Stadium.

The England international has not submitted a transfer request and will only get his move if one of his suitors meet Leicester’s valuation, which is thought to stand at more than £75 million.

“I think he's got to force the move because he is at the next stepping stone in his career where he thinks he is going to develop again,” Adam told talkSPORT. 

17 minutes ago, Thecarrickfan said:

I disagree, Sky were desperate for Liverpool to win the league last season, They were going overboard to be honest. 

They were bound to it was a 2 horse race and Liverpool have yet to win the PL.

The Daily Mail a prime example a proper United fanzine.

The media in general look at United as Englands no 1 club like the Spanish do Real Madrid and the Germans do Bayern Munich.

1 minute ago, VIKTOR-LE5 said:

The media in general look at United as Englands no 1 club like the Spanish do Real Madrid and the Germans do Bayern Munich.

Hence why everyone hates them. Vile club with vile fans! 

Just now, VIKTOR-LE5 said:

See, strange as this may sound, I disagree with the part in bold.

I do however feel the media look at Utd as England's #1 BRAND, not the #1 club, as that has become Man City of late, followed closely by Pool.

THAT is where Utd are, the country's biggest brand, unfortunately for them (Utd), their footballing side business lags behind some what.

• Like 1

Guest ttfn
6 minutes ago, Simoken said:

From Charlie Adam himself... cant stand the bloke.

former Liverpool and Stoke midfielder Charlie Adam believes Maguire should be more active in pursuing an exit from the King Power Stadium.

The England international has not submitted a transfer request and will only get his move if one of his suitors meet Leicester’s valuation, which is thought to stand at more than £75 million.

“I think he's got to force the move because he is at the next stepping stone in his career where he thinks he is going to develop again,” Adam told talkSPORT. 

Putting to one side the clubs in question, in what world are your chances of developing better under Solskjaer than Rodgers? 

I don’t think there’s a bad outcome for us now - we obviously won’t sell for less than   £75 million which is a huge amount of money. If he stays great, if he goes for £75 million, great.