Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

6 minutes ago, VIKTOR-LE5 said:

They were bound to it was a 2 horse race and Liverpool have yet to win the PL.

The Daily Mail a prime example a proper United fanzine.

The media in general look at United as Englands no 1 club like the Spanish do Real Madrid and the Germans do Bayern Munich.

Why are they simply referred to as United ?? There's loads of others. 

1 minute ago, Spudulike said:

Why are they simply referred to as United ?? There's loads of others. 

Probably because their the biggest club in England and arguably the world, just don't know how to act like one.

8 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

See, strange as this may sound, I disagree with the part in bold.

I do however feel the media look at Utd as England's #1 BRAND, not the #1 club, as that has become Man City of late, followed closely by Pool.

THAT is where Utd are, the country's biggest brand, unfortunately for them (Utd), their footballing side business lags behind some what.

By no 1 i mean everything finance, fanbase, trophies, prestige, just useless on the pitch.

This is pissing me off now.  We are not standing in his way and forcing him to stay at all costs.  We have a valuation for him which if met means he can go.  If Man Utd do not want to pay that much then move on to someone else.  It is what I would do.

OGS pay the money or **** off.  Man Utd stop whining like a little bitch!! :mad:

Edited by Zaphod Beeblebrox
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, VIKTOR-LE5 said:

Probably because their the biggest club in England and arguably the world, just don't know how to act like one.

I think that we're all contributing to this by this allowing them to own the name. Perhaps it's just me. I like to wind up a colleague, plastic Man U, about it. Told him that we were playing United last week, much to his surprise. I said, it's at Glanford Park. 

1 hour ago, Alf Bentley said:

I've done an exclusive interview with Humpty Dumpty and got some great quotes.

Egg citing times ahead.

@Izzy @Wortho Is there any escape from this hellish addiction or do I have to spend the rest of my life in the Joke Thread?

Im sure it'll be a cracking read

• Haha 1

Nah, they sold Kante and Mahrez with ease who were even more integral than Maguire to them.

We are getting mugged of because we are United and he’s English. Don’t get me wrong though, he’s a great player. Back to the point, I think West Ham would be harder to deal with.

They do realize Kante had a release clause and it took Mahrez a few windows to get out and West Ham you're avin a bubble.

Edited by VIKTOR-LE5

40 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

I have not bitten on anything and as for creating negative gossip ffs ???  I just made a personal comment. That's all. Simples.  Calm down. This will pan out eventually and there is nothing we can do about it.   Have a nice day

I am calm..when either you or I make a comment,don't be so sensitive ,one rightly should expect discussion and contra arguments!!

I just don't like the idea of making comments and "seemingly" create an agenda on non-truths and gutter press scribblings .

Our next posts might find us totally agreeing with each ,and give each "likes"

Some counter arguments from other posters might come over has somewhat gruff...We are not facing each other across a pub table,so we really can't express that friendly or even sarcastic

Whims of discussion,so I presume all of us can come over incorrectly as self-opinionated..but it's just the banter over a cold social media platform and everybody will have regularly opposite opinions....friends and nerve-grinders alike....!! I don't suffer fools,but I am sure for some,I am that fool..!! So to my Wiener-freund.

:cheers:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dooflip said:

This is a bit off topic, but kind of relates as it’s our contrast to united.

You know what’s really so special about our club?

the majority of our fans, and by that I’m talking probably 90% at least, are born in Leicester/lived here/parents or grandparents were from here etc. Not just bobs who have never been to a game, live half way around the world or even the other end of the country with no knowledge of our area or the clubs history. Those old enough will be able to tell us about their favourite players from when they were kids etc. That for me is worth so much more than the likes of Man Utd and Liverpool have, and more recently arsenal, Chelsea and Man City. We are a proper club. Not a brand. Not a club people choose to follow because we win or are globally known. The people who pick our amazing club who don’t have local ties etc do so for completely wholesome or cool/quirky reason. Which makes our fan base and club that extra bit special. Nobody can ever take that away from us. They can poach our best players for a premium but they will never take the shhht that matters!

I've converted my girlfriend. She is born in Southampton. Mwahahahaha :banana:

5 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

My own experience is that Man Utd fans generally are THE most arrogant and blinkered 

Let's be fair, every fanbase has their % of twats, its just their fanbase is larger than most so proportionately you're going to encounter more of them. What makes it worse is the fact you have to deal with them locally day to day knowing they actually have no real connection to the club they "support" which makes it all the more annoying. 

• Like 2

Just now, nwl fox said:

Let's be fair, every fanbase has their % of twats, its just their fanbase is larger than most so proportionately you're going to encounter more of them. What makes it worse is the fact you have to deal with them locally day to day knowing they actually have no real connection to the club they "support" which makes it all the more annoying. 

But I don’t want to be fair 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Charlie Adam can get in the bin! Worked out really well for him when he got his big move to Liverpool! Fu*kin clown! 

Totally, isn't the first time he has had a shady comment about a player at LCFC.. such a pleb

Honestly this is great. In our squad we easily have four players who could go for north of seventy million. When we come to sell every club will realise we're absolutely no push over. I honestly hope we don't sell until the summer to give clubs and the media the finger.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Charlie Adam can get in the bin! Worked out really well for him when he got his big move to Liverpool! Fu*kin clown! 

Probably never spoke to Talksport,!!!

Probably found a Adams interview and cherry picked then twisted every word he said..That is how crap,they have shown themselves to be..on many stories..

I honestly think he'll stay at this point. Funny that less than a week ago I was certain he was going when everyone and their nan was saying we'd agreed an £80m deal. Now that that has all been proven to be complete bull I think more likely than not he'll stay.

Man u are so far off what we would even consider looking at right now. £60m + £20m in add ons is an absolute joke. I think they can't afford him, if they could they would've got the deal done before preseason. Normally with these drawn out deals, the bidding side is waiting for the selling side to buckle and sell for the lower offer because they know the selling club needs the money. We know for a fact we won't compromise because we don't need the money. The only way this happens is if Harry pushes for it imo. 

• Like 1

Much more interested in who we are going to sign and build our team around than yesterday man Maguire.

Ask for a transfer Harry if you want to go (oh but that might cost you and your agent a few quid) then take him out of training and don't play him in friendlies. 

• Like 1