Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

3 hours ago, UPinCarolina said:

I know it’s just an analogy, but - what kind of person would ever consider selling their  loving pet? Monstrous. 

I dunno.

Imagine the money you could make selling a homing pigeon...

• Haha 1

On 16/07/2019 at 13:39, lcfcfan97 said:

John Percy (very credible Midlands Journo for the Telegraph) has said this:

"Caglar Soyuncu, a Turkey international signed for £19million from Freiburg last year, is highly rated inside the club while Filip Benkovic played for Rodgers on loan at Celtic last year. Reports of a move for Brighton’s Lewis Dunk or Burnley’s James Tarkowski are said to be premature."

"United are reluctant to pay a fee which will be higher than the £75million Liverpool paid Southampton for Virgil van Dijk in January last year and it is understood the two clubs are still some way from agreeing a deal. Leicester want between £80m and £90m and have made that clear during negotiations.

Manchester City have also baulked at Leicester’s demands, and Maguire is now facing an anxious wait before the transfer deadline on August 8.

Leicester, however, have assured the 26 year old they will not stand in his way if either of the two clubs pay the fee required. Talks are understood to have been amicable and Leicester do not anticipate any mutiny from Maguire, who is a popular member of the dressing room."

I suspect that if and when any club pays an astronomical amount for Maguire, they’ll be paying not only for Harry, the player, but Harry the leader. He’s liked. Well respected and commands a presence both on and off the pitch. To be honest, exactly the type of figure Man Utd desperately need at the moment.

I can see him as a future England skipper

1 minute ago, Dan LCFC said:

The whole thing is one big self-fulfilling prophecy. Sky Sports have shown themselves up for what they are now.

:appl:

Do the Sky presenters realise how ironic and hypocrtical they sound?

So they go on about the Maguire situation, almost making Leicester out to be the bad party in this situation saying things like "Leicester want £80 but they have to understand that when a club like Man Utd come calling and are offering £70m is it that much of a bad deal?" they go on.

Attention then turns towards Lukaku and Inter Milan, basically saying why should Man Utd accept Inter's bid of around £10m - £15m less than their asking price citing such statements of "Man Utd don't need to sell", they also claim Inter are playing underhand tactics by offering such a lowball offer, causing Lukaku to become unsettled.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Master Fox said:

Sky Sports is the lowest common denominator in the media. It’s TV for imbeciles, cretins and morons. 

It’s desperate reporting because without Maguire, Lukaku, Progba & MUFC they have absolutely nothing of interest to discuss

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Matt said:

Do the Sky presenters realise how ironic and hypocrtical they sound?

So they go on about the Maguire situation, almost making Leicester out to be the bad party in this situation saying things like "Leicester want £80 but they have to understand that when a club like Man Utd come calling and are offering £70m is it that much of a bad deal?" they go on.

Attention then turns towards Lukaku and Inter Milan, basically saying why should Man Utd accept Inter's bid of around £10m - £15m less than their asking price citing such statements of "Man Utd don't need to sell", they also claim Inter are playing underhand tactics by offering such a lowball offer, causing Lukaku to become unsettled.

I’m ridiculously sick of Sky Sports, really really sick of them. 10-12 years ago they were a genuinely good source of information for football and their transfer coverage was fantastic. In fact, they were the first port of call when looking for a reputable football news source. 

However, last 5 years or so their agenda has altered somewhat and they’re now obsessed with providing shocking transfer articles based on sheer lies that push mug punters into backing their SkyBet offers. The whole Harry Maguire coverage is frankly a joke and it’s disappointing that the majority of the footballing world won’t realise how much of their Maguire stories are lies. How can it be illegal for footballers to not be allowed to bet on football but Sky can constantly make up stories to boost Skybet products? Couple that with their big club bias and social media activity that expands these lies into genuine rumours that people believe and it’s just a joke of an organisation.

Edited by TJB-fox
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, wattolcfc said:

We could do with someone in the media calling sky sports out for their hypocrisy in regards to the maguire/lakaku transfers.... MR PETERS YOUR CLUB NEEDS YOU! ??

I think given the ownership of most media outlets this is unlikely. 

• Like 1

Honestly hope he stays for at least this season as a big f**k off to Utd. They are in the shit and everyone knows it so they will hold out for as much money as they can get because they know the longer they hold off the bigger the bid will have to be when Utd get even more desperate than they already are.

hope they go into next season with only jones and smalling as there cbs. 

They will moan that they won’t get what they want for pogba or Lukaku then try being shits to other teams. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ian_marshall said:

I think given the ownership of most media outlets this is unlikely. 

The whole problem is compounded by the way the Premier League clubs operate which is food & drink for Sky. For example Maguire signed a 4-5 year contract months ago, but actually the majority of players who sign these long contracts have no loyalty to their clubs and at the first opportunity, big pay rise they are off. Surely it would make more sense to have 12 month rolling contract which must be adhered to

15 minutes ago, Fox1norfolk said:

The whole problem is compounded by the way the Premier League clubs operate which is food & drink for Sky. For example Maguire signed a 4-5 year contract months ago, but actually the majority of players who sign these long contracts have no loyalty to their clubs and at the first opportunity, big pay rise they are off. Surely it would make more sense to have 12 month rolling contract which must be adhered to

Which is something I’ve always said. The power should be in the clubs not the players. The clubs are who we support and players come and go, support them while they’re here because they are part of the club but once they’ve gone they are history as far as I’m concerned, unless it’s someone me like the  birch who actually loves the club

1 minute ago, Joefox said:

At this point I hope we sell him to Man City for 40 million just to troll them.

I hope not! ?

Glad you're not making our transfer decisions!!!!???

I hope we keep him. Even with the silly money likely to be on offer. And definitely hope when Rodgers  said United need to make a bit soon or they'll miss out regardless of the offer it means we wont entertain any new bids well before the start of August.