Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

1 hour ago, mozartfox said:

The saving grace in all this, if Harry starts playing silly buggers with us, I can see Southgate binning him off from England.  The snotty FA will not want to see one of their role Models behaving like this.

I have no idea what makes you believe this

"No matter if we sign him or not, I do enjoy the newly found cockiness of the Leicester supporters. With or without Maguire, I really doubt that you‘ll even be getting close to pushing any team out of the top six. At the end of the day you‘re just Leicester City. A fantastic and exciting league title, which I also enjoyed, but I really don‘t see anything more than an easy upper mid-table finish."

I really, really hope they absolutely flop this year. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

"No matter if we sign him or not, I do enjoy the newly found cockiness of the Leicester supporters. With or without Maguire, I really doubt that you‘ll even be getting close to pushing any team out of the top six. At the end of the day you‘re just Leicester City. A fantastic and exciting league title, which I also enjoyed, but I really don‘t see anything more than an easy upper mid-table finish."

With that squad and manager? They're going nowhere.

2 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Absolute cockwombles, the lot of them.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Matt said:

And there is the crux of it all.

Why aren’t these big clubs doing their research, ground work and scouting, finding ‘gems’ - I’m not saying we found or made Maguire into what he is - he was fairly well known before he came here but we saw a ‘bargain’ for £17m, the potential he had and a decent investment.

If these ‘big, fantastic, super power, massive clubs’ did some digging to find such players they wouldn’t be in the position of this inflated transfer market, which I’ll say again, they caused.

We took the gamble on several players, it payed off several times, we want reward for that so pay the money.

They haven't needed to do in the past as most of the young top talent went through Man Utd's academy giving them first dibs. Not so much the case now.

I think the penny might've started dropping with the signing of James from Swansea, a very unlikely type of signing for them and the sort that LCFC would employ.

7 hours ago, Red Squirrel said:

If the big 6 want to weaken us then they'll have to do more than take Harry. You can easily include Ricardo, Chilwell, Ndidi, Maddison, Vardy. On my casio calculator this adds up to over £300M 

Harry will go - this is just a game of chicken. As someone said earlier in the thread Jim White will be all over it on transfer deadline day and "now lets go to Carrington where we have some major news. The toilet light is on and we believe Harry Mcquire is having a piss"

True but we are unlikely to be able to replace Harry with someone as good/better than him so technically that does weaken us. Of course the likes of Maddison and Ricardo would be bigger losses. 

The saving grace in all this, if Harry starts playing silly buggers with us, I can see Southgate binning him off from England.  The snotty FA will not want to see one of their role Models behaving like this.

Where is any inclination,that you find to

Even or imply such Drivel..

This just proves click bait works!!!

There is absolutely no grounds to take take such a stance,from such a crap source!!  Maguire and Club have been purely professional with each other on the matter...

Why on earth would he have to "Push the move"

Is he that desperate to play in the Europa league next season?

What exactly can Man U offer him apart from that that we cant?

The press are getting absalutly ridiculous about this

Dont be daft. If hes at United he'll be the 1st name on the team sheet. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

For years and years we went without other clubs trying to poach any of our players

Shows how far we have come 

Eggciting times ahead. 

I've done an exclusive interview with Humpty Dumpty and got some great quotes.

Egg citing times ahead.

@Izzy @Wortho Is there any escape from this hellish addiction or do I have to spend the rest of my life in the Joke Thread?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, fuchsntf said:

Where is any inclination,that you find to

Even or imply such Drivel..

This just proves click bait works!!!

There is absolutely no grounds to take take such a stance,from such a crap source!!  Maguire and Club have been purely professional with each other on the matter...

I was just saying ffs.   There is every chance this will escalate to something more unsavory once Agents start to push this on.

Lovin' all of this!  Unlike the Mahrez saga, I'm not getting the slightest bit stressed over it, as we're in a win/win situation.  If he goes, it'll be for a fee that strengthens the Club, (and I believe we already have an adequate replacement in Soyuncu), if he stays, we keep a world class defender.  Added bonus is whatever happens, we'll piss off Man U. :D

Edited by PaulW
typo

2 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

350 grand a week

We could offer him that if we wanted to!

Honestly feel like half the press have shares in Man United and would literally cry if they started to drop down the pecking order

Edited by MrSpaM
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, PaulW said:

No sign of that happening so far.

Not yet - but plenty of advice on this being given by so called pundits and ex- players. One numpty on Talkshite just said he has given his all to Leicester and we should not hold him back as we are just a stepping stone.

• Like 1

Just now, mozartfox said:

I was just saying ffs.   There is every chance this will escalate to something more unsavory once Agents start to push this on.

I have said many times,majority of Players and agent deals run smoothly.

The odd one goes astray,then the media jump on it,then the fans create their own gossip...and fantasies.

It seems you have bitten and want to create negative gossip & Rumour,from

Deceitfull journalism and soap-style forum mentality..

Why even think it...it only helps to create

The Lies that stick for no reason!!