Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

1 hour ago, VIKTOR-LE5 said:

Man United are the media darlings, always have been.

But we also don't spit on the media,when they have good write ups,on our players or club,and throw around the

Plaudits in our direction..even halftruths.

Estate Agents and sporting-media seem to be cut from the same cloth..!!

I will say it now.... i think utd will not stump up for maguire.  If they were going to pay the money they would have done so by now so as to get him in for preseason. 

We need to stop lettting this soap opera distracting us from aiming for top 6

1 hour ago, foxinsocks said:

I think the club need to draw a line now.  We need to get on with preseason and maguire has to accept he is a lcfc player. 

Utd can play phil jones at cb

The club should issue a statement about all these untruths and how it's unsettling our player and hampering pre season preparations therefore the club will not sell.

Edited by joachim1965
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Simoken said:

From Charlie Adam himself... cant stand the bloke.

former Liverpool and Stoke midfielder Charlie Adam believes Maguire should be more active in pursuing an exit from the King Power Stadium.

The England international has not submitted a transfer request and will only get his move if one of his suitors meet Leicester’s valuation, which is thought to stand at more than £75 million.

“I think he's got to force the move because he is at the next stepping stone in his career where he thinks he is going to develop again,” Adam told talkSPORT. 

Described as "Ex-Premier League ace" :nigel:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

2AD27DF4-EB53-4B5C-BCD6-AE85034D5C6A.jpeg.6037d16af9be43ce1015c641df386103.jpeg

I guess the spud head realised he wasn’t going to have a career in modelling after hanging up his boots so is trying to make a living from the media

A man who speaks with integrity and believes that its important to honour a contract. Poor comment to be honest (thats if he made it). 

24 minutes ago, Billy Big Balls said:

I honestly think he'll stay at this point. Funny that less than a week ago I was certain he was going when everyone and their nan was saying we'd agreed an £80m deal. Now that that has all been proven to be complete bull I think more likely than not he'll stay.

Man u are so far off what we would even consider looking at right now. £60m + £20m in add ons is an absolute joke. I think they can't afford him, if they could they would've got the deal done before preseason. Normally with these drawn out deals, the bidding side is waiting for the selling side to buckle and sell for the lower offer because they know the selling club needs the money. We know for a fact we won't compromise because we don't need the money. The only way this happens is if Harry pushes for it imo. 

Not so much can't afford rather don't want to pay.   Woodward and co would not stump up the cash last summer when JM was desperate to sign him and I think the situation has not changed.  They probably need to offload one or more CB before they are given the go ahead (hence why the rumoured offer of a player swap deal.)

5 minutes ago, Manini said:

**** me it doesn’t take much to wind us up on here does it? It’s Charlie Adam who actually gives a shit what he thinks? No need to revolt against the bloke - I’m pretty sure part of his remit is to wind listeners up anyway on TS. 

Nah that's not their style at all! ?

4 minutes ago, Manini said:

**** me it doesn’t take much to wind us up on here does it? It’s Charlie Adam who actually gives a shit what he thinks? No need to revolt against the bloke - I’m pretty sure part of his remit is to wind listeners up anyway on TS. 

The remit of all the presenters on TS is to wind listeners up to the extent that they phone in, which makes TS money. More phone calls also probably means more advertising revenue, so it's absolutely in their interests to get people phoning in.

Football fans are very sensitive. If you're ever bored enough to browse through the discussion forums of other clubs, you'll quickly find that the fans of every single other club out there are convinced that the media is engaged in a sinister conspiracy against their club. There are no exceptions to this.

15 hours ago, Master Fox said:

Sky Sports is the lowest common denominator in the media. It’s TV for imbeciles, cretins and morons. 

to fair, the bar for journalistic rigour set by HITC and the Metro doesn't move off the floor, so poor as skysports are on occasions they are they arent the lowest.  They just pander to a global marketing vision of football that its really just about a few elite clubs and everything else is, well a bit quaint, but not really of interest to all you super fans across the globe

• Like 1

Ahhh, good ol' Charlie Adam. Half Hitman, half binman.

Why should we take anyone like him seriously? He never took his own career seriously. 

I had a pal who played for St.Mirren youth when he was there and on the days he would train with the senior team, he would look around the canteen and all the players would be having lunch, all on diets and nutrition kicks and there Charlie Adam would be with his two slice rolls and bottle of Irn Bru. Guys a joke. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

The remit of all the presenters on TS is to wind listeners up to the extent that they phone in, which makes TS money. More phone calls also probably means more advertising revenue, so it's absolutely in their interests to get people phoning in.

Football fans are very sensitive. If you're ever bored enough to browse through the discussion forums of other clubs, you'll quickly find that the fans of every single other club out there are convinced that the media is engaged in a sinister conspiracy against their club. There are no exceptions to this.

Agree wholeheartedly 

From RedCafe:

I don't disagree with that, but in a negotiation, you can't start at the price you want, someone will always bid you lower.

Plus maybe we the club actually want to keep Pogba, hence pricing him out of a move?

They're so close to cottoning on, bless 'em. They'll figure it out eventually...

• Haha 1

Man United know they can't beat us on the pitch so they're trying to beat us off it instead. We are a big threat to them and they're aware of it, hence their relentless failure of an attempt to derail us. 

It's all just a case of the bully becoming the bullied and they're not used to it. They need to learn their role and realise it isn't 2008 anymore. 

They've got bigger problems then not being able to bully clubs of our stature anymore. They've got a team full of individuals and their biggest dressing room role model is an absolute ass clown that's more interested in being an Instagram personality then anything that resembles a top level footballer. 

In their current state, they are an embarrassment of a football club with a manager that has even worse credentials than Neil Warnock.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bert said:

We’re not even being bastards. We have valued our player at a certain price that we are happy to sell at. Clubs know this, not sure how much clearer it has to be made. We just won’t be bullied like we used to be when we were desperate for the money. It’s not our fault they don’t want to meet our valuation. 

Agree.

It’s just the media making out that it’s us that are stopping him from moving. The Media/Sky/TalkShite are absolute cretins.

• Like 2