Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

2 hours ago, Simoken said:

From Charlie Adam himself... cant stand the bloke.

former Liverpool and Stoke midfielder Charlie Adam believes Maguire should be more active in pursuing an exit from the King Power Stadium.

The England international has not submitted a transfer request and will only get his move if one of his suitors meet Leicester’s valuation, which is thought to stand at more than £75 million.

“I think he's got to force the move because he is at the next stepping stone in his career where he thinks he is going to develop again,” Adam told talkSPORT. 

Charlie Adam's the biggest worm of an ex-player going. Biggest one season wonder going as well and still ended up relegated anyway. Given he's someone who left to a big club and did absolutely nothing his stance is very weird. Found it particularly funny that he tried to out Shaqiri when Stoke went down as well - whose contributions clearly outweighed his own.

Fat headed snide.

• Haha 1

Charlie fecking adam now poking his fecking nose in. What the fvck has it got to do with him. I bet he dont know harry and trying to send him to his previous clubs fiersest rival. 

Keep your nose out you silly fat cvnt.

3 hours ago, Matt said:

And there is the crux of it all.

Why aren’t these big clubs doing their research, ground work and scouting, finding ‘gems’ - I’m not saying we found or made Maguire into what he is - he was fairly well known before he came here but we saw a ‘bargain’ for £17m, the potential he had and a decent investment.

If these ‘big, fantastic, super power, massive clubs’ did some digging to find such players they wouldn’t be in the position of this inflated transfer market, which I’ll say again, they caused.

We took the gamble on several players, it payed off several times, we want reward for that so pay the money.

Exactly. The fact is, however good HM looks, he has mistakes in him, which is fine and comes with the territory of playing a proactive game. For us, these mistakes are overlooked on the whole, they cost us a goal here and there, maybe 3pts every couple of months (maybe a tad harsh). 

If he’d had gone to Man Utd from Hull, he would have been vilified by now for not being at their standard (what the fans expect). 

If he went to Man Utd, the goals he gives away could be the difference between CL football or Europa League. At Man City, it could be a title or a runners up medal. 

I think he’s a brilliant footballer and a good defender. Is he worth £85m? Probably not. Should we bow to the pressure of the mighty Man Utd... absolutely fuching not.  

1 hour ago, Bert said:

We’re not even being bastards. We have valued our player at a certain price that we are happy to sell at. Clubs know this, not sure how much clearer it has to be made. We just won’t be bullied like we used to be when we were desperate for the money. It’s not our fault they don’t want to meet our valuation. 

Not sure how true this is but if you believe the media we want £85m and Man Utd have bid £70m.

I just think they are desperate for a top CB to partner Lindelof and with Van-Bissika joining want a new back four to settle and build from there. Another 20% on your bid to get the player you really want and need is surmountable even if they don't want to pay it. 

I expect the price will be settled in the £80m-£85m region with maybe Leicester knocking a few million off just to get it done and Man Utd negotiators at least walking away with Maguire knowing that they've not been violated and done their jobs. I don't think Man Utd can afford to walk away and start the season with an inferior CB for the sake of a few million quid. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, joachim1965 said:

The club should issue a statement about all these untruths and how it's unsettling our player and hampering pre season preparations therefore the club will not sell.

It's only upsetting some foxestalk posters/fans.

Transfer issues are part of club

Life,I doubt that any player is that easy

Unsettled.They will be concentrating first on their own form/training and Rodgers plans and tactics for the up and coming season..

The club through Rodgers,issued a statement,plus his own short thoughts..

What more do you want ?  

3 hours ago, MrSpaM said:

We could offer him that if we wanted to!

Honestly feel like half the press have shares in Man United and would literally cry if they started to drop down the pecking order

We made 1 million profit last season, if HM was on 350K we'd be losing money and that'w without other (better?) players then wanting a payrise.

3 hours ago, Fox85 said:

Realistically he is not worth more than 20m I generally think soyuncu and benkovic will be better than Maguire 

Why is he only worth £20m?

He's worth waht someone is willing to pay or what we believe he's worth.

Man U paid £50m for a kid with one season in the PL.

19 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

We made 1 million profit last season, if HM was on 350K we'd be losing money and that'w without other (better?) players then wanting a payrise.

Why is he only worth £20m?

He's worth waht someone is willing to pay or what we believe he's worth.

Man U paid £50m for a kid with one season in the PL.

Only worth £20 million ??? **** me glad he's not in charge of our transfer negotiations

Edited by nwl fox
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Matt said:

And there is the crux of it all.

Why aren’t these big clubs doing their research, ground work and scouting, finding ‘gems’ - I’m not saying we found or made Maguire into what he is - he was fairly well known before he came here but we saw a ‘bargain’ for £17m, the potential he had and a decent investment.

If these ‘big, fantastic, super power, massive clubs’ did some digging to find such players they wouldn’t be in the position of this inflated transfer market, which I’ll say again, they caused.

We took the gamble on several players, it payed off several times, we want reward for that so pay the money.

This is what the bigger clubs do. They let the smaller clubs than themselves find these gems, develop them for a few seasons (and then come in with the big bucks when they feel said player is ready to play for them. It’s very rare the big clubs in England these days develop younger players. Just look at Jaden Sancho. Man City weren’t prepared to take the gamble and Dortmund were. He will now leave Dortmund for big money when the time comes. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, urban fox said:

From just now on red café.

Seems that some MUFC fans actually are intelligent

Capture.thumb.PNG.ce5450ef32e3e3eaf105c48ae45ac9b4.PNG

Lets be fair - this would be a 100% accurate post on every single fan site/discussion board anywhere in the world.......maybe even on here occasionally

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Jacnah said:

Lets be fair - this would be a 100% accurate post on every single fan site/discussion board anywhere in the world.......maybe even on here occasionally

Occasionally?  I pride myself on being a dickwad. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Leeds Fox said:

Exactly. The fact is, however good HM looks, he has mistakes in him, which is fine and comes with the territory of playing a proactive game. For us, these mistakes are overlooked on the whole, they cost us a goal here and there, maybe 3pts every couple of months (maybe a tad harsh). 

If he’d had gone to Man Utd from Hull, he would have been vilified by now for not being at their standard (what the fans expect). 

If he went to Man Utd, the goals he gives away could be the difference between CL football or Europa League. At Man City, it could be a title or a runners up medal. 

I think he’s a brilliant footballer and a good defender. Is he worth £85m? Probably not. Should we bow to the pressure of the mighty Man Utd... absolutely fuching not.  

I don't think this is true since the general consensus seems to be that he was better in his first season here (direct fron Hull) than he was last season.

4 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

Hence why everyone hates them. Vile club with vile fans! 

Utd have got some fantastic fans that back the team 100%.

Yes they've got the plastics, who are extremely annoying, but so have we. 

After the recent success of our club, we have some right idiots supporting us, who barely watch games and are loud, abusive and have no respect for the people around them. 

Every club has great fans, Every club has nobheads.

Edited by Hollyfox
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, Hollyfox said:

After the recent success of our club, we have some right idiots supporting us, who barely watch games and are loud, abusive and have no respect for the people around them. 

According to Vardy (allegedly) we had one managing us. :giggle:

• Haha 3

23 minutes ago, Hollyfox said:

Just that some have more than others. Man U fans have been arrogant for the last 40 years, outside of Manchester, just glory hunters. Could never understand why football fans in Leicestershire supported Man U, Liverpool or Spurs, bit like in the South East, you have a number of major clubs and half of Epsom and Crawley support Man U and in Ireland.