Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

26 minutes ago, Genesis1 said:

On a side note, could we all just say a prayer for Solskjaer.

After there performance today, 30 shots and 1 on target with essentially a full strength squad.

They will be in the bottom half by Christmas. Solskjaer doesn’t have a clue what he’s doing.

11 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Would tend to agree with this. The issue is not the loss of defensive ability, its the other side of Harry's game that would be a huge loss. His ability to move the ball forward from defence, in essence giving us an extra midfielder as he strides forward. On the flip side, I do agree that Evans is defensively as capable as Harry.

How often did Harry’s marauding runs actually result in a chance though? My impression of much of last season were that opposition teams were happy to let Harry have the ball. Seeing him dribble forward was usually an indication that we were struggling in a game and it was almost a desperation act. 

40 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

Firstly Ndidi is more important than Maguire IMO and finished the season very strongly. The defence you’ve listed at Man U, with him tucking in alongside Lindelof, Shaw and Wan Bissaka isn’t as good as our best 4 at the back. Chilwell is better than Shaw - Fuchs is better than Shaw ffs, Pereira is better than Wan Bissaka and I’d have Evans over Lindelof. That’s with or without Maguire. 

I agree, Ndidi is more important than Maguire. But Maguire definitely had the better season.

Our defence with Maguire is absolutely superb, definitely the best outside of Man City, Liverpool and Chelsea IMO. But Harry Maguire in Man United's back four is better than ours + Morgan/Soyuncu/Benkovic in his spot.

Fuchs isn't better than Shaw mate. I'd definley also have Lindelof over Evans, as much as I rate him.

26 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Harry dribbling forward is good to see. Harry trying to get back into position not so great. I’m not surprised teams like to see him marauding forward. 

I thought this was talking about his recent illness at first

• Like 1

Not fussed either way, now, but what a circus this has become.

Sky Sports, in particular, haven't covered themselves in glory much at all with this one - with their so-called 'reporting' via their 'sources'..

Hilarious but also a great shambles at the same time, from an apparent top sport media organisation.

Hard to trust them on anything, to be honest.

-

The season coming can't come quickly enough..

Edited by Wymeswold fox

United shot themselves in the foot paying  £50mill for a promising rb after a single good season. They showed their ability to pay premium prices, so that's what they get.

They then can't throw incentivised pay at us given their frankly poor performances for last few years. They're at the stage where they either pay the big money or look elsewhere. 

Initial offer was £60 million according to Percy, are they going to up their offer by almost half? I don’t see them willing to go 25 million more plus incentives despite them being able to afford too! 

Edited by Lesta2014