Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

The negative here is the later it is left, the more this will affect our own preparations.  

Woody has to play hard-ball as not to appear incompetent in the eyes of the Glaziers i.e. the Glaziers may be thinking how is it little old Leicester can dick their massive Club around like this?  Bad for them in the USA may be?  I suspect the Glaziers are used to getting their own way?

14 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

United just aren’t the powerhouse they were under Fergie, they’re in a bit of a mess at the moment and I hope Harry doesn’t go there, they’re not even the best team in Manchester!

They might not be the best team but their proper historical elite along with Liverpool.

Just now, mozartfox said:

The negative here is the later it is left, the more this will affect our own preparations.  

Woody has to play hard-ball as not to appear incompetent in the eyes of the Glaziers i.e. the Glaziers may be thinking how is it little old Leicester can dick their massive Club around like this?  Bad for them in the USA may be?  I suspect the Glaziers are used to getting their own way?

It won't if we refuse to sell him.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

United shot themselves in the foot paying  £50mill for a promising rb after a single good season. They showed their ability to pay premium prices, so that's what they get.

They then can't throw incentivised pay at us given their frankly poor performances for last few years. They're at the stage where they either pay the big money or look elsewhere. 

Maguire's only had one great season and World Cup, he's followed it up by an average year by his standards. We are asking this price as a massive fcuk you, we don't want to sell him. It's essentially a minimum release clause, nobody moans in the press about a team inserting a huge release clause for a player, you either pay it or you don't. Pay the £90m or get shitted.

• Like 4

Guest Cujek

We are just trolling them now. 

We want a higher percentage upfront as we don't believe they will qualify for the champions league meaning some add ons won't be paid. 

Go us. 

It serves them right the arrogant ****ers they are nobodies of world football now I can't believe anyone would actually want to sign for a club that will be manger less by Christmas, mid table with toxic "fans" shouting for the owners to leave. 

Their transfer policy is crazy, 50 mil on wan bissaka surely has to be a joke? If they spuff 80 mil on Harry then they look weak and can be bullied just like all but 2 or 3 other cubs in the world. 

Don't get me wrong I have nothing against them particularly, but I sure do hate people that have never been to Manchester "supporting" them. 

I sit next to one at work, he is a life long fan, I have been to old Trafford 4 times, he has never been there as a life long fan, so annoying. 

50 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

It won't if we refuse to sell him.

I honestly can't see us selling Maguire at the last minute - it would be such a reckless and disruptive thing to do. Besides, Rodgers has already said that we won't do that. Which means that Man Utd have probably got just a couple of days to offer the full £90m, which as things stand it looks like they won't do. In which case Maguire will stay.

4 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

I honestly can't see us selling Maguire at the last minute - it would be such a reckless and disruptive thing to do. Besides, Rodgers has already said that we won't do that. Which means that Man Utd have probably got just a couple of days to offer the full £90m, which as things stand it looks like they won't do. In which case Maguire will stay.

Probably won’t release him until we’ve got someone signed even if the offer is good. Learning our lessons from the Silva fiasco I’d hope.

8 hours ago, WigstonWanderer said:

So rumours of Leicester setting an early deadline are not true? That’s a shame.

My take on it is rodgers thinks one should have been set so his pre season prep isnt damaged (I agree with him), but whether or not the board agree is another thing.

Should introduce a single point deduction for every player or staff member you get/buy from clubs in the same league...................oh wait a minute...:doh:

This was a joke (a very small one) - please do not take seriously, do not moan about it or whinge about it. It was in jest.

5 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Man Utd can afford it. That's not even a debate. Their revenue is obscene.

Absolutely but they've set a trend of overpaying for players and they're trying to get out of it now.

Problem is that they've chosen the wrong club to do so.

Interesting Harry has not handed in a Transfer Request.  Must be quite a huge loyalty bonus of which his Leach Agent does not want to lose his percentage thereof.

So greed could be playing a part in holding this up?  Mind you, why give up this bonus if you can use the Red-Tops to do your work for you. 

4 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

Utd sniffing around other cbs.   If they were willing to pay the money they would have paid up and got harry in for preseason.  I think this needs to stop now... we should disengage now.

Totally agree. Contrary to all these complaints from whiny Man Utd fans that we keep upping the price, I don't think we've changed the price since they first enquired in May. I suspect we just told them that we wanted £90m and the ball has been in their court ever since. They could have coughed up the £90m by now or alternatively they could have bought another defender and already bedded them in. The fact that they're apparently still trying to get Maguire at this stage, and still failing to pay what we want for him, is their problem, not ours.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Abrasive fox said:

It might actually suit us to sell him at that price.

:unsure: and what, pray tell, is that price of which you speak...:surrender:

2 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

It might actually suit us to sell him at that price.

It’s the fact Utd are messing around though. Pay up and he’s there’s. The end of the window is edging closer and closer.