Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

11 minutes ago, murphy said:

Is that really what got everybody's kinckers in a twist about this Carrick guy? 

The abuse he got was much worse.  IMO he didn't come here on the wind up and behaved himself in the main but became the whipping boy of the forum as a large group of people decided to stick the boot in for no good reason other than his affiliation with United.   The post that you mention was in response to a much nastier post aimed at him, you should read it.  I thought he kept quite a cool head in the face of provocation.  Some of us behaved like a pack of playground bullies and I hate that.  Embarrassing and unnecessary.

He was definitely on the windup. You must not have been paying attention. All the more reason not to bite though.

11 hours ago, Rusko187 said:

Not in the slightest bit patronising is it? They just seem to look at football the wrong way, the comment about buying "one of Europe's best attackers, whilst Leicester wait to see if they need to bid for Lewis Dunk" 

1, Dybala is questionable, he's ok, but certainly not world class... so if they want to throw him £350k a week that's on their bad business practices.

2, Even these "Europes best attackers" would need a club to take a gamble on them, so it's all well and good belittling our transfer activity... but would they have looked at Maguire when he was at Hull?

3, It's quite likely that if Dunk ever came good (at any club mind), that United would find themselves clambering to get him.

You could never question their stature, but they're in a bad place right now.

And it's stuff like this why United are hated by everyone. Their fans cant admit that they aren't the force they once were. Of course, globally, they are still one of the biggest clubs in the world, but in terms of winning trophies, future ambitions etc, they are losing it massively. When Fergie was in charge, everyone feared playing United, like teams now fear playing Man City. You'd hope you don't get battered and if you could sneek a draw you'd be delighted. Most teams now will be genuinely disappointed if they lose to United as they really are bang average in comparison to the top clubs across Europe and are miles behind Man City and Liverpool. They don't seem to have any short term or long term strategy either with the manager or building their squad. Being patronising and belittling us is quite incredible considering the mess they are in and with them being a joke in English football right now. Really hope they don't get Harry or Dybala, as if they start the season with no more top signings, I highly doubt they'll be top 6 next season. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

Either the bid is bs or it just hasn't been 'offered' yet. 

What hits me is, if United were able to pay this and intended to, why wait till a week before the season?

To make sure we don't have time to replace him? This is all about weakening a rival.

Just now, z-layrex said:

To make sure we don't have time to replace him? This is all about weakening a rival.

If we can't replace him, We won't sell him, regardless how much they offer. Unfortunately it's likely we've already agreed a deal with Brighton for Dunk if he does go. 

Just now, jayfox26 said:

If we can't replace him, We won't sell him, regardless how much they offer. Unfortunately it's likely we've already agreed a deal with Brighton for Dunk if he does go. 

I meant have time to replace that ability in the team, not just get another body in.

1 minute ago, jeffschlupp said:

I thought Sky said the valuation was £80m. If they're prepared to pay it, why's it not done?

Waiting to see what else happens before committing? Either way it's too late now, so they best have a good plan b

1 minute ago, jeffschlupp said:

Are you saying it's too late based on ITK knowledge or is that your opinion?

My opinion, but also Brendan made it clear there would be a deadline which would before the end of the season and the pace Man U have been moving at so far, so it seems unlikely at this stage. 

• Like 1