Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

18 minutes ago, Poznan34 said:

400 pages here we come

Calm down lads. The intellectuals amongst us will know that the ‘Name this Leicester team’ thread reached 2,600 pages some still som way to go

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, PaulW said:

Not seeing signs of panic.....just disappointment at what is looking like a possible scenario.

Thats where i am at sadly. No panic just sad its taken until a week before deadline day and still there isnt anything official about us accepting a bid, just that Harry isnt playing in the last of the friendly's 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, The Syrup said:

Maybe he's been left out of tomorrows squad as he's got the two bob bits again.  Had a Maryland chicken meal for his tea.

34 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Looks like he will go then, a good price so farewell 

CrystalMAze.jpg?w968h681

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Shane said:

Positives of selling Maguire:

- We get 90m to reinvest back into the squad. A top quality winger should be priority.

- Hopefully Soyuncu & Benkovic are given a chance.

- Lets be honest, Harry has made a lot of mistakes in his time here and there is a reason Evans is rated higher than him defensively. 

- If we were to bring in a replacement, I'd much prefer a CB who is defensively solid first & a ball player second. (I feel like Harry was the opposite).

Negatives of selling Maguire:

- We'll miss his aerial presence.

- His ability on the ball is a good fit for Brendan's style.

- Like a few posters have said (@urban.spaceman & @Matt) we shouldn't be selling him at this stage of the window, based on principle.

- Probably an unpopular opinion but I think you have to question our ambition. Selling 4 of your best players in the past 4 years isn't ideal. Sure we can make an excuse for every single sale but the way we're going, next season it'll be Ricardo & the season after that it will be Tielemans. We're not Southampton but selling Maguire makes our pursuit for top 6/Europe even harder. Teams have a tonne of money nowadays. If we put a 100m+ pricetag on Ricardo & Tielemans in the coming seasons, Man City/United/Chelsea/etc will pay it. If Europe is our target we need to look at the top 6 as our rivals & these clubs rarely do business with eachother so why should we. You have to wonder why these teams aren't coming in for a Richarlison/Neves, but are happy to target our best players.

We get 90m to reinvest back into the squad. A top quality winger should be priority.

no we dont, the fees need to be paid which are owed.

it also remains to be seen how much of the remaining figure would be invested.

A negative would also be spending 50 odd million on Dunk or JT which would then make them the 6th most expensive defender in world football history

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

If the intention was to sell, you have to question why wait all these weeks, what was the point.

Because you can only sell when the other club meets the valuation you’re looking for, which they haven’t until now (and may still not).

If Utd had offered £90m at the start of the window then maybe we would’ve been happy to let him go and bring in and integrate his replacement. Instead they have obviously tried using unsettling tactics to test our resolve which thankfully hasn’t wained one bit. So they now have no alternate but to meet the fee with time running out.

1 minute ago, HankMarvin said:

We get 90m to reinvest back into the squad. A top quality winger should be priority.

no we dont, the fees need to be paid which are owed.

it also remains to be seen how much of the remaining figure would be invested.

A negative would also be spending 50 odd million on Dunk or JT which would then make them the 6th most expensive defender in world football history

oh yeah good point, hull get a percentage too don't they

we'd be a right laughing stock spending 50 mill on dunk :(

I hope we have learned from marhez , was chased by Man City. Didn’t really replace him.......still?

We had all accepted at the end of the season maguire was off ? 

Ffs it’s been mentioned everywhere for months?

Let’s see what top and co have planned 80m ? To spend 

one week to go ....

Just now, lcfcsnow said:

The Congleton effect, Macia was on another level 

Congleton? That’s where maguire could live now !  Though I suggest the fact he never left Sheffield was evidence enough that he didn’t want to stay here .......

he had big plans to try and become our captain, to move down here but his rapid rise to England regular scuppered that - he has bigger fish to fry than us now ....

16 minutes ago, McGuire said:

You mean 'slabbing' the manager in the back?!

I'll get me coat.

Your username is giving me so much joy. That’s the kind of underhand piss taking that this place has been missing lately! 

1 minute ago, pds said:

Is Dunk actually any worse than Maguire as a defender? Not that I'd want us to smash £50m on him I don't think it would be a downgrade. 

Huge LOLs.

Let's not start pretending that Maguire is some clogger now that he's off. He's easily one of the best in the league and we'll all party if he stays.

Just now, Suzie the Fox said:

Just p**s off Sean if you are on FT on one of your parody / made up accounts, you've got right on my tits this whole transfer window. 

Careful Suzie this is a family forum. 

• Haha 1

Just now, McGuire said:

Huge LOLs.

Let's not start pretending that Maguire is some clogger now that he's off. He's easily one of the best in the league and we'll all party if he stays.

He is - that’s why we don’t want him to go