Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

Wonder if we can find a decent loan signing if Maguire goes, if we buy someone it's going to cost more than it probably should. It would be risky to go in with what we've got, we've seen very little of Benkovic but if anyone knows if he's good enough, Rodgers does. 

• Like 1

I’m gutted he’s leaving. 

£90,000,000 is a lot I know, however, we’re going to get rinsed if we attempt to buy anyone known. 

I’d rather sell to Manchester City. Let’s hope they still match it. 

We’re basically added strength to a positional rival. Which itself is bloody stupid. 

I hope it turns out like Torres big money move from Liverpool to Chelsea. 

Yes, I’m bitter.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, brucey said:

I think Mahrez will smash it next season, now that he’s had a year to adapt and full of confidence after captaining Algeria to win the AFCON.

Maguire will be ok for Man Utd but he would have been better at Man C where his deficiencies are masked and his strengths played to. If Man Utd fans are hoping for a leader to organise the back, they’ll be somewhat disappointed.

Man united need a leader. Maguire is a fabulous CB but not sure he’s able to Marshall a defensive line. We will see. 

• Like 1

On 26/07/2019 at 03:10, Countryfox said:

They'll come in at the last minute of the deadline WE have set hoping Maguire might put in a transfer request first which means they may get him a bit cheaper.  Either way the offer will come and It will give them a good psychological boost before the season starts and have a similar but opposite effect on us ...  and put pressure on us to sort out a replacement in time  We’ve put a value on him so the ball is in their court ...    not ours unfortunately...

On 28/07/2019 at 04:29, Countryfox said:

Still worried he’s going.  Until we reach the cut off date WE have set then all they have to do is increase their offer and he’s straight out the door.  Doesn’t matter one jot which team Brendan puts him in or what Maguire says/tweets.  If they don’t get him they will look like a bunch of clowns ...   a lot riding on this for them.

Blimey CF ! ...   are you an ITK ...     

Everyone assuming he's going just because he's not playing tomorrow. Could be a masterstroke from the club to leave him out for his own good to avoid the media circus and get his head together for the Wolves game. BR knows what he's capable of so why not give Soyuncu or Benkovic some game time?

• Like 2

Just now, Silva Fox said:

Everyone assuming he's going just because he's not playing tomorrow. Could be a masterstroke from the club to leave him out for his own good to avoid the media circus and get his head together for the Wolves game. BR knows what he's capable of so why not give Soyuncu or Benkovic some game time?

Where would all the drama in that be?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Silva Fox said:

Probably got the shits again ..    

3 minutes ago, Buce said:

As far as I can see, Percy hasn't said he's leaving, just that his head isn't in the right place to be playing tomorrow.

Maybe we should just take that at face value instead of assuming it's a done deal?

Or maybe he's been told he's not leaving, as its too late in the window and he needs time out to overcome his disappointment. I know, I'm clutching at straws.

13 minutes ago, Silva Fox said:

Surely leaving him out is only going to add to the media hype rather than diminish it?