Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

Perhaps we’re wumming Unite....

...Nah, you know what I’m not gonna delude myself, I’ve already done that all summer, we’re caving in at that last ****ing minute.

Why did I expect anything less :doh: 

He won't be leaving unless we have a replacement transfer signed, sealed and delivered. Those putting forward Soyuncu or Benkovic are in dreamland. Wouldn't be shocked if he started Morgan ahead of those two tomorrow. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Matt said:

Perhaps we’re wumming Unite....

...Nah, you know what I’m not gonna delude myself, I’ve already done that all summer, we’re caving in at that last ****ing minute.

Why did I expect anything less :doh: 

Same old Leicester. You think you’ve turned a corner and then you get a nice big slap back to reality. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

Also, 

BECAUSE WE WON’T LET THEM GET THEIR OWN WAY. 

Trying to work out if some of these Utd fans are purely arrogant or just totally thick - he’s our player under contract for another four years and hasn’t handed in a transfer request. The asking price has been set and strictly outlined since day one and they have failed to come close to the valuation. If they don’t think he’s worth that value then they should have identified other targets for better value, which they clearly haven’t and could’ve easily done. They set their own precedent by paying over the odds for a U21 international with only a year’s PL experience. They have only themselves to blame for their poor transfer policy and scouting network. Why not identify your own young talent from the lower leagues and abroad instead of just looking at already established players domestically and having to overpay. All I can say is I’m grateful to the people in charge of my club who have together built and are currently running a well-oiled ship it seems, unlike that shower of spoilt cvnts over there. 

Edited by Ben.
  • Like 2

Just now, l444ry said:

He won't be leaving unless we have a replacement transfer signed, sealed and delivered. Those putting forward Soyuncu or Benkovic are in dreamland. Wouldn't be shocked if he started Morgan ahead of those two tomorrow. 

What?

4 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Percy say's he's not in the squad for tomorrow, I really worry we're gonna go into this season with Soyuncu and Evans, I think this'll be an issue, hope I'm wrong

Has Benkovic gone? You know, that chap that played for 2018 World Cup Finalists back in June.

• Like 1

If he does go, the most disappointing thing for me will be getting Dunk as the replacement. He's not a bad player but I just feel we could do better. If Brendan feels he can push him to  the next level though then fine but just feels a little underwhelming.

• Like 1

Just now, jayfox26 said:

If he does go, the most disappointing thing for me will be getting Dunk as the replacement. He's not a bad player but I just feel we could do better. If Brendan feels he can push him to  the next level though then fine but just feels a little underwhelming.

I'd rather us wait and get somebody we really want if Rodgers isn't 100% sure on Dunk. I quite like him but not for that much 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jayfox26 said:

Puzzled-animated-spock.gif

• Like 2

1 minute ago, splinterdream said:

we have no idea how Benkovic will perform in the Prem and isn't he carrying an injury?

In training with first team. Photo on club site.

1 minute ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Was expecting him to go all through the window but with only a week to go and no bids that were acceptable being quoted, i had got my hopes up he would stay.

I will be bitterly disappointed now if he leaves, especially as this whole saga could have been done and dusted weeks ago. 

I feel sorry for Harry as im guessing he didnt know whether he was coming or going all this time, its no wonder he isnt in the right frame of mind to play tomorrow. 

Even if we get £90m for him, i for one will be sad. :( 

If he goes rudkin hasnt learnt jack.

You do your business early in the window its season prep 101.  Thats a lot more important than a measly extra 10-20 million or so.

Also given rodgers public comments, it also indicates it would be against the manager's wishes. A big no no from me.

• Like 3

Positives of selling Maguire:

- We get 90m to reinvest back into the squad. A top quality winger should be priority.

- Hopefully Soyuncu & Benkovic are given a chance.

- Lets be honest, Harry has made a lot of mistakes in his time here and there is a reason Evans is rated higher than him defensively. 

- If we were to bring in a replacement, I'd much prefer a CB who is defensively solid first & a ball player second. (I feel like Harry was the opposite).

Negatives of selling Maguire:

- We'll miss his aerial presence.

- His ability on the ball is a good fit for Brendan's style.

- Like a few posters have said (@urban.spaceman & @Matt) we shouldn't be selling him at this stage of the window, based on principle.

- Probably an unpopular opinion but I think you have to question our ambition. Selling 4 of your best players in the past 4 years isn't ideal. Sure we can make an excuse for every single sale but the way we're going, next season it'll be Ricardo & the season after that it will be Tielemans. We're not Southampton but selling Maguire makes our pursuit for top 6/Europe even harder. Teams have a tonne of money nowadays. If we put a 100m+ pricetag on Ricardo & Tielemans in the coming seasons, Man City/United/Chelsea/etc will pay it. If Europe is our target we need to look at the top 6 as our rivals & these clubs rarely do business with eachother so why should we. You have to wonder why these teams aren't coming in for a Richarlison/Neves, but are happy to target our best players.

• Like 1

Just now, splinterdream said:

we have no idea how Benkovic will perform in the Prem and isn't he carrying an injury?

Exactly - we do not know this yet people are writing him off and talking about recruiting over priced and average CB’s.  Hopefully, BR knows what he is doing. Selling Harry and spunking it on Dunk would be horrendous.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Adster said:

Just wait for the fvcking window to end before panicking. Jesus christ some of you lot. 

I'd be disappointed but if we get the money I'm not going to cry about it, though I will not wish HM all the best because I really do not like Manure and their army of plastics,