Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

Just now, McGuire said:

Huge LOLs.

Let's not start pretending that Maguire is some clogger now that he's off. He's easily one of the best in the league and we'll all party if he stays.

I'm not starting it now. Look back over my posting history. I've never got the hype and always felt he was the weak link in our back line. 

2 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Who will we get to replace Maguire?

If only we had thought about this sooner, say last season when there interest was known and tried to sign one, possibly two upcoming centre backs that were also adept at bringing the ball forwards. Then we could have taken the absolute piss out of Manchester United and demanded a ridiculous fee. Possibly even the world record fee for a centre back? We know they have more money than sense. That's what a club who was well run would do.

Hang on, wait a second...

"Rodgers is also keen to prepare for the possible situation of Maguire being sold before Thursday's deadline by using Turkey international Caglar Soyuncu in his place."

:ph34r:

Thank you. We did the right thing. Clubs know how awful it is to buy players from us now - we're not afraid to wait multiple windows and bids out for our "**** off" price to be met before we sell. I totally don't get the whole ambition thing either. Accepting there are bigger clubs than us, but requiring a huge fee from them, not to mention making big statements of intent (Tielemans) doesn't sound like a lack of ambition to me.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

If he goes and we get close to 90 million, then we've done pretty well. 

Harry's not a LCFC supporter so it's just a job for which they get paid extremely well. 

Utd are huge and most kids growing up dream of playing for them even if their families don't support them. 

Would love him to stay but every player has their price and the bigger clubs will always be more appealing due to stature, history and most importantly wages. 

Utd lost Ronaldo, Liverpool lost Coutinho. 

It happens ?

Just over a week to go before the Premier League season kicks off and it sounds like the shitehouses have got their man, hope we get close to the £90million we are asking otherwise Maguire might as well have gone on day 1 of the bloody transfer window to give us time to sort out a replacement ...:mad:

£90m is good money- the issue is that we'll have a week to spend it.

Make no mistake, we need a replacement. We're an Evans injury away from having 2 unproven youngsters or one of them and Wes at the back, and we won't be pushing for Europe with that.

If we can get an adequate replacement and the quality winger that we're still lacking before the deadline, I'll be delighted. I don't have a good feeling about it though- we're in prime panic buy territory and everyone knows we will have £90m burning a hole in our pocket.

Edited by Ted Maul
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Seriously lads some of the posts on here... have a word with yourselves. 

Life goes on should Big H go. Remember the meltdown after Cambiasso not renewing? Kante leaving, drinkwater leaving? Leicester City will go on and we always seem to do okay.

£90 million is alot of money and we will have done well otherwise hes ours until at least January...

Seriously stop being sausages.

One Love

Was nodding my head until your dropped Kante into the equation…. I doubt I will ever recover from that one :unsure:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Wolfox said:

Was nodding my head until your dropped Kante into the equation…. I doubt I will ever recover from that one :unsure:

You're missing the point. 

Leicester will still be here and arguably weve always gotten stronger after those situations. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KP Fox said:

Which ever club we try to buy a replacement from, they're gonna want a cut of the Harry money. Might be wise to stick with the guys we have left until January.

What I’m hoping is that we’ve already negotiated the deals and that we’re just waiting on getting a suitable offer from United. If that’s the case, then we’ll see a couple of signings happen very quickly if/once the Maguire transfer is confirmed

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Selling now would be a step backwards and will leave us short his value would be around the same this time next season.

No way will we get £90m for him next season. This is the best time to sell imo, a goal scoring winger is more important than Maguire 

Edited by Meat and 2 veg

8 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

£90m is good money- the issue is that we'll have a week to spend it.

Make no mistake, we need a replacement. We're an Evans injury away from having 2 unproven youngsters or one of them and Wes at the back, and we won't be pushing for Europe with that.

If we can get an adequate replacement and the quality winger that we're still lacking before the deadline, I'll be delighted. I don't have a good feeling about it though- we're in prime panic buy territory and everyone knows we will have £90m burning a hole in our pocket.

TBF we will not pushing for top 6 with either of Dunk or Tar -whatsit in our side.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Meat and 2 veg said:

Same, but I thought Mahrez would be one of Man City’s best players last season...

I think Mahrez will smash it next season, now that he’s had a year to adapt and full of confidence after captaining Algeria to win the AFCON.

Maguire will be ok for Man Utd but he would have been better at Man C where his deficiencies are masked and his strengths played to. If Man Utd fans are hoping for a leader to organise the back, they’ll be somewhat disappointed.