Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

2 minutes ago, Jacnah said:

If he's been left out of tomorrows squad then he is as good as gone, or at least the club think it highly likely.

If we get the price we wanted then fair enough. 

FoxesTalk will be like playing bingo for a while as a few have the inevitable meltdown. Here's my card:

1. He was sh*t anyway (or something similar)
  2. Traitor
  3. Club has no ambition
  4. Man U have deliberately unsettled him
  5. We've left it to late for a replacement
  6. Club still has no ambition
  7. Owners dont know what they are doing
  8. Rudkin out
  9. We wont even finish in the top half now
  10. This is all down to sky

11. The new training ground has very narrow doors, Harry’s head will not fit, he had to go.

• Haha 4

If they have finally matched an asking fee, we still are not obliged to accept.  Keeping Maguire out of circulation for the next friendly game is a way to deal with shocking timing from Manchester Utd.

As I said in the week, mull over the bid, keep Maguire out of circulation, and with 10 minutes of the window remaining, tell them it's a no.

3 minutes ago, pds said:

:D

If we're using that analogy I would have called it them to their face. As I've said many times I don't particularly rate him. More than happy if he stays but if he goes to United I hope we rinse them for every possible penny. 

yeah its just with a week to go other clubs will now do the same 

I'd have taken that fee all summer. As has been said, I don't think Harry's even the best defender at the club. And it will give more game time to Benkovic and Soyuncu.

What really stinks though is how late this is. The fact he's played in every pre season game, pretty much match ready. And we're gonna have to shake it up for the season with only one pre season game left tomorrow.

Not necessarily down to the player how negotiations go but it's a real kick in teeth if he has indeed been sold at this stage.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

If they have finally matched an asking fee, we still are not obliged to accept.  Keeping Maguire out of circulation for the next friendly game is a way to deal with shocking timing from Manchester Utd.

As I said in the week, mull over the bid, keep Maguire out of circulation, and with 10 minutes of the window remaining, tell them it's a no.

Modern football doesn't work like that, unfortunately.

Harry and his agent will have already held many talks with the board/manager/owners. He will have made it extremely clear that he wants the move. You just don't keep unhappy players at football clubs these days - especially when you can make 90m quid out of it.

It's the circle of life. The huge fish eat the big fish. The big fish eat the small fish. The small fish eat the tiny fish.

When we went in for Rodgers, he was never turning us down because Leicester is a step up from Celtic in modern football.

Edited by McGuire
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, Ashley said:

You're missing the point. 

Leicester will still be here and arguably weve always gotten stronger after those situations. 

No I agreed entirely with the point…. I just felt very sad reading Kante’s name

i was using turbo charged hyperbole!!!

• Like 1

Oh yes!!!! Now we have the perfect scenario. We accept there bid.....

HARRY TURNS UNITED DOWN!!!!

”well yeah I met with Ole and I thought to meself, are they as ambishus as Lestuh, and my mini slab’ed said “no H they ain’t” so I said to me missus “am stayin at lestuh”

in all all seriousness I don’t care. 80m/90m is a great deal for us. He’s replaceable to an extent. I don’t think he’s a critical player for us, but no doubt improves our starting 11. As long as we don’t go out and splash 50m on Dunk or Tarkowski it’s cool. 

Harry and Jonny are used to playing together 

Jonny and Calgar are not 

so we have wasted opportunities  for JE and CS to get playing time in order to convince yanited we are serious about the price we want. We didn’t need to do that - whilst the threat existed that maguire might leave, we should have done what is best for LCFC which wasn’t playing maguire in the first team set up 

Harry could have still got match fit and if he didn’t leave then fine, he slots in with Evans.

have we shot ourselves in the foot to prove a point and force the price to be met ? 

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 1

Guest Markyblue
1 minute ago, McGuire said:

Modern football doesn't work like that, unfortunately.

Harry and his agent will have already held many talks with the board/manager/owners. He will have made it extremely clear that he wants the move. You just don't keep unhappy players at football clubs these days - especially when you can make 90m quid out of it.

Ummm i think 1 you are harry. 2 your an infiltrator. 3 maybe a Leicester fan. Which one.?

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

Harry and Jonny are used to playing together 

Jonny and Calgar are not 

so we have wasted opportunities  for JE and CS to get playing time in order to convince yanited we are serious about the price we want. We didn’t need to do that - whilst the threat existed that maguire might leave, we should have done what is best for LCFC which wasn’t playing maguire in the first team set up 

Harry could have still got match fit and if he didn’t leave them fine, he slots in with Evans.

have we shot ourselves in the foot to prove a point and force the price to be met ? 

Yes. I believe we have.

2 minutes ago, Markyblue said:

Ummm i think 1 you are harry. 2 your an infiltrator. 3 maybe a Leicester fan. Which one.?

I'm a realistic 40 year old Leicester fan. It's how football works now.

I can pretend that Maguire doesn't want United and we will just ignore all bids. But football doesn't work like that.  Read the Norwich forums when we were looking at Maddison, for example. "Oh f**k off Leicester, we can keep him. Just demand £40m and tell them to do one!" etc. See what I'm getting at?

• Like 1

Guest Markyblue
Just now, McGuire said:

I can pretend that Maguire doesn't want United and we will just ignore all bids. But football doesn't work like that.  Read the Norwich forums when we were looking at Maddison, for example. "Oh f**k off Leicester, we can keep him. Just demand £40m and tell them to do one!" etc. See what I'm getting at?

That's disappointing i was hoping you were harry.?

3 minutes ago, McGuire said:

Yep, every player has a price and every team is a potential selling club.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, McGuire said:

Sort of, but us buying Maddison practically saved Norwich from administration. I accept players move on and for me anything over £70m is a great deal for the player he is, but can also understand why the club won’t be bullied.

This thread exhibiting classic collective schizophrenia. When he's not going then plenty want him to be sold and take the money, when it does look like he's going then it appears the exact same people want him to stay.

This is football, its a money go round, once a few big transfers get going then you have the knock on effect filtering down through to Harry's situation. Its unrealistic to expect to get all your business done early in the window. The fact the window closes is the catalyst that makes selling and buying clubs go to the wire. Generally speaking the desperate end up paying above the odds just before the closure of the window. Its FOMO.

Its now a game of poker for both sides. Yes you might get them up a bit more but is the collateral damage worth it? - personally I think not.

Realistically £80M is a good deal for the club. If he wants to go then honour served all round and other clubs will take note we cannot be bullied.

I'm sure if there is a replacement needed the club know exactly who this is and what the cost is.

I really like Harry, he's a great lad, thorough professional and a credit to the club and himself but there comes a time in any negotiation when you know that the offer is reasonable in the circumstances and in my opinion it is. You just make unnecessary enemies for the future in squeezing the pips. It is very likely that one day we might want to buy one of their players when they get relegated:ph34r:

• Like 1