Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

14 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

It will be interesting to see if this is the case.

But to be fair anyone who thinks that this transfer is not happening is naive. Personally I believe that this transfer has always been happening (a small part of me wishes it wasn't though) and we've just played the best game we can to get the most money we can.

I agree if that is the case then we’ve played the best hand we could’ve done, over to Utd to see if they can meet the £90m. If they don’t then happy days, if they do then that’s incredible business for us. Just hope we have our chosen targets on standby if we do intend to replace. Maybe this deal also hinges on the funds available for the quality winger we’re looking for.

3 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

I'd rather us wait and get somebody we really want if Rodgers isn't 100% sure on Dunk. I quite like him but not for that much 

This is why I’d virtually turn down any money for him at this current moment. £100m plus at this stage isn’t unreasonable at this current moment. Down to about £90m is negotiable. 

£80m or less is laughable. As I’ve said before £80m barely adds up, especially if we spunk it over someone we’re not sure on.

I’d rather take £60m next year but in the knowledge of knowing whether Benkovic or Soyuncu are adequate with bringing them through during the coming season or whether we need a replacement/taking our time over that replacement.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, McGuire said:

You mean 'slabbing' the manager in the back?!

I'll get me coat.

Hold on Harry, you can’t just create an FT account 6 minutes ago and stalk your own topic hiding in plain site. I know it’s you.. McGuire ha you’re not fooling me laddie.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Matt said:

This is why I’d virtually turn down any money for him at this current moment. £100m plus at this stage isn’t unreasonable at this current moment. Down to about £90m is negotiable. 

£80m or less is laughable. As I’ve said before £80m barely adds up, especially if we spunk it over someone we’re not sure on.

I’d rather take £60m next year but in the knowledge of knowing whether Benkovic or Soyuncu are adequate with bringing them through during the coming season or whether we need a replacement/taking our time over that replacement.

Agree

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

If he goes rudkin hasnt learnt jack.

You do your business early in the window its season prep 101.  Thats a lot more important than a measly extra 10-20 million or so.

Also given rodgers public comments, it also indicates it would be against the manager's wishes. A big no no from me.

But I think Rudkin has learned. We didn’t sell early in the window as Man U didn’t bid at our asking price so that’s on them, not us.  

Also... In that time, we brought in Perez, James and Tielemans and they’ve had a full pre-season. So we’ve done good business early in this window, and United have dragged their feet

5 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

If he goes rudkin hasnt learnt jack.

You do your business early in the window its season prep 101.  Thats a lot more important than a measly extra 10-20 million or so.

Also given rodgers public comments, it also indicates it would be against the manager's wishes. A big no no from me.

Sure he has, there was no release clause!

2 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Interestingly Brighton have loaned out one of their centre back signings just now. For a team playing three at the back, they are showing no signs of selling Dunk 

Excellent news.

3 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Interestingly Brighton have loaned out one of their centre back signings just now. For a team playing three at the back, they are showing no signs of selling Dunk 

I don't think they'll sell Dunk to us and if they do, it will cost £50m which is ridiculous for LEWIS DUNK ffs.

As for Man U, let's not get bitter about them. If you're a footballer in England and Liverpool or Man U come in for you, you've got a decision to make. Harry's gonna earn a lot of money there, have European football every season and be playing in front of 70,000 people on a Sunday afternoon.

Let's show a bit of class.

Edited by McGuire
  • Thanks 1

Just now, McGuire said:

I don't think they'll sell Dunk to us.

As for Man U, let's not get bitter about them. If you're a footballer in England and Liverpool or Man U come in for you, you've got a decision to make. Harry's gonna earn a lot of money there, have European football every season and be playing in front of 70,000 people on a Sunday afternoon.

Fuch them

6 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

If the intention was to sell, you have to question why wait all these weeks, what was the point.

This is where I am.

If we cave in at this stage I’m not sure why we didn’t just accept their first bid of £75m(?)

Despite the links of Dunk, Tarkowski anyone now would seem like a panic buy. If we sold weeks ago at £75m we’d have had time to do research and replace abit better.

If we accepted £75m a replacement would cost arguably less compared to now.

You’d like to think we had a research back up list but what gone before we all know we probably haven’t added with how it takes us an age to get deals over the line.

Edited by Matt

1 minute ago, McGuire said:

I don't think they'll sell Dunk to us.

plus he will be coached by OGS instead of Rogers:ph34r:

10 minutes ago, Adster said:

Just wait for the fvcking window to end before panicking. Jesus christ some of you lot. 

Not seeing signs of panic.....just disappointment at what is looking like a possible scenario.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, McGuire said:

I don't think they'll sell Dunk to us and if they do, it will cost £50m which is ridiculous for LEWIS DUNK ffs.

I think we are showing class and respect. We’re just not letting ourselves being bullied by Man United and the Media Machine who want a BIG TRANSFER to happen. 

We've kept it simple I think - meet the asking price and it’ll be accepted. Don’t meet the price, we keep the player

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Matt said:

This is where I am.

If we cave in at this stage I’m not sure why we didn’t just accept their first bid of £75m(?)

Despite the links of Dunk, Tarkowski anyone now would seem like a panic buy.

If we accepted £75m a replacement would cost arguably less compared to now.

And we all know it takes us an age to get deals over the line.

First bid was £60m and second bid was £70m. There’s been no third bid. We’re wanting £85+5m.