Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

12 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

You can only play 11 players at once, what’s 2 or 3 extra players going to do

We have 38 league games and hopefully a fair few cup ties too. You want to go into a season with 11 players?

We firstly have to replace Maguire.

We could then do with midfield cover and a winger.

Simple.

12 hours ago, Babylon said:

I don't OWN Just Eat, but I'm a share holder. The more shares you have, the more influence you have. The more shares you have, the more you stand to gain from said company performing very well. Sky have a decent shareholding in the Canadian company. 

"Sky said it would receive about £425m in cash and 7.6 million newly issued shares, of The Stars Group, on completion of the deal, 

Ridiculous that they’re still allowed to own shares lol 

Just now, The whole world smiles said:

I was more thinking on the battlefield than the football pitch. Id have fancied 900 walshies to handle the Spartan 300 pretty handily.

Yeah OK... Then you'd be pretty much tried at the Hague for Genocide

lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

We have 38 league games and hopefully a fair few cup ties too. You want to go into a season with 11 players?

Simple.

Barring Maguire we still have 4 CBs and are in dire need of a winger. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

Simple.

We’ve got midfield cover, we’ve got 4 centre backs and 4 wingers and Pérez in a system that plays attacking fullbacks, how much cover do you want. And we play 19 games till the next transfer window.

Edited by yorkie1999

22 minutes ago, Jacnah said:

Not so. He seem to have made it clear he would like to go IF the club agrees a fee. Beyond that he has behaved like a true pro according to everybody involved. 

No complaints from me whatsoever regarding his behaviour

Spot on.

A certain Algerian 'sweet prince' could learn a thing or two.

1 minute ago, shiv said:

Ridiculous that they’re still allowed to own shares lol 

Reading the bet-stars prospectus earlier for investors and they literally talk about how important the unique relationship is with Sky TV and that Sky Bets growth is uniquely linked to that relationship. 

I don’t expect someone is sat there saying “make up some shit for bet-stars”. But they made it clear they wanted to use that relationship so quite clearly there is going to be some larger strategy in place between the two companies, and it does seem odd that’s allowed.

• Like 3

not just because of a pride thing over a bigger club taking our player but I’ve never thought hes good in the air. He’s great at winning the long balls from the keeper but crosses and corners he never wins the ball. He doesn’t have that defensive instinct. It’s Evans who dominates for us in that area. The Man Utd probably think we,re just saying but(after his first couple of games where Puel had our full back forty yards forward) Evans was by far our better centre half.

If this sale pays for a quality winger, Tarkowski and another CM like rumoured, then its cracking business for us and will potentially take us to the next level. Although I don't want him to go, it could be massive for the future of the club - IF the money is invested correctly.

Edited by wattolcfc
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, wattolcfc said:

If this sale pays for a quality winger, Tarkowski and another CM like rumoured, then its cracking business for us and will potentially take us to the next level. Although I don't want him to go, it could be massive for the future of the club - IF the money is invested correctly.

or even a new stand or two

Anyone else not overly happy that he's suddenly not in the right frame of mind to play? Nothings changed in terms of bids being made, it's just hyperbole in the press. So either this is him trying to force through a move, in which case he forgoes his loyalty bonus or eat shit. I don't get it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

You want to buy in January? Glad you're not running a Premier League football club.

Midfield cover like James and King? Good luck with competing on three fronts.

Centre backs like the error prone Soyuncu, a 35 year old Wes and the unproven Benkovic? Sure, that'll get you top 6.

4 wingers? Like the Ghezzal that has been abused non stop by the fans, Demarai Gray whose attacking returns are worse than Maguire's, and another unproven force in Barnes.

If you're happy with the squad as it is, you're easily impressed.

It's the best squad we've ever had.

Edited by murphy
  • Like 3

If he goes for 90 million and we reinvest I don't see what the problem is.  

There are plenty of centre backs that are equally as good as maguire at defending.  Maguire just looks good because he's half decent at bringing the ball out from the back occasionally.  His actual job though, of ya know, defending, he's no better than anything in the top half of the prem really. So 90 million is amazing business. 

I'd prefer Tarkowski if we sold him and then spend the rest upgrading one or two positions elsewhere in the starting 11. 

For me, keeping maguire won't make us a top 6 team.  But selling him, getting a half decent replacement and then spending wisely on a quality addition or two elsewhere with the money made ,will move us closer to that. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Anyone else not overly happy that he's suddenly not in the right frame of mind to play? Nothings changed in terms of bids being made, it's just hyperbole in the press. So either this is him trying to force through a move, in which case he forgoes his loyalty bonus or eat shit. I don't get it.

I'd like to think he's in 2 minds now that it's actually gone and possibly happened. 

All this time he's heard of 2 bids and nothing since, so everything is just a case of carrying on as normal. Preseason. Training. Tactics. Lads. 

Now if the bid is enough then all parties are probably going to follow through on what is said. 

If an acceptable bid had been put in, they'll have to tell Harry about it and he's now actually having to think about it after all this time. 

There's a choice to make. Top and Brendan won't force him to go and obviously will tell him that they'd want him to stay. But the agreement was if he wants to go and the offer is right, he's got that choice to go. We've all been professional about it at Leicester, no lies or broken promises. 

So crunch time has come, and as I said few weeks ago about the Football365 article... Does he stay here and build with us or go there and play superman firefighter for them?